Coronado Springs

Imagineer

Hello all, I was wondering what everyone thought of the Coronodo Springs resort. This is the one resort I don't know much about. My Fiance wants to stay there for our honeymoon if we can't afford DAK Lodge. It looks ok but don't really know much about it. How is the bus service? I know some resorts are better than others in that category. Thanks in advance,

KentB3

Imagineer said:
Hello all, I was wondering what everyone thought of the Coronodo Springs resort. This is the one resort I don't know much about. My Fiance wants to stay there for our honeymoon if we can't afford DAK Lodge. It looks ok but don't really know much about it. How is the bus service? I know some resorts are better than others in that category. Thanks in advance,

I stayed at Coronado Springs on my 1st-ever WDW trip last November, and was thorougly impressed. Coronado Springs is a BEAUTIFUL resort, especially with the Southwestern/Latino architecture, and could rival many Deluxe resort hotels in this respect! The room was great, always very clean, with room enough to spend a whole week there and not get claustrophobic, even with a bunch of luggage and other things you took with you. The service from the CM's working there was excellent, and everyone we met there was very helpful and friendly. The only downside was a rude server at the pasta bar in The Pepper Market, but everyone else was extremely cooperative. I highly recommend Coronado Springs to anyone who is thinking about staying there on their next WDW trip! :)

Upvote 0

mills

My father and I stayed there last year and loved it. We've stayed at all the moderates and it's his favorite(mine is CBR). The bus service was good. I think we only had one full bus our whole stay. I searched the boards before our stay and read all the complaints about the food court and conventioners, but none of that bothered us. In fact, we thought it was the best food court of all the moderates. They also had free chips and salsa in the bar:lol:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I generally like Coronado Springs. I used the food court much more on my last trip there than most other times I have gone and I have to say I was not impressed. The food court does have a good selection, but due to limited Table Service there is an automatic 10% gratuity attached to your bill. The rooms were nice as was the grounds. The Dig Site Pool area is always exceptional. One of the points to consider is that if you are planning on using a passholder discount I have always found this particular hotel VERY tough to get in that discount category. Belle

Upvote 0

HunnyPot

We've stayed at CS twice and it was wonderful both times. We never waited too long for bus service...I think the longest was ten mintues from the time we left our room to the time we got to the bus stop.

I would recommend this resort, but, it is a very large resort. Walking around it can take time, but it's not horrible.

The pool is great, and we also enjoyed having the quiet pools also.

Have a great trip...wherever you stay!!

Upvote 0

Epcot82Guy

HunnyPot said:
I would recommend this resort, but, it is a very large resort. Walking around it can take time, but it's not horrible.

Just wanted to echo this. It is not bad at all, but it is longer in the walking department. Having said that, I find it beautiful. It is a bit more of an "adult" resort since it draws the convention crowd, but I think that is a pro. Really take some time to see the architecture around the main buildings if you stay there. THere are some neat fountains and statues around.

Upvote 0

Woody13

KentB3 said:
The room was great, always very clean, with room enough to spend a whole week there and not get claustrophobic, even with a bunch of luggage and other things you took with you.
The rooms in the value resorts are just slightly smaller. They have the same basic layout. Except for a few (very few) square feet, there is no difference.
wannabeBelle said:
The food court does have a good selection, but due to limited Table Service there is an automatic 10% gratuity attached to your bill. The rooms were nice as was the grounds.
The automatic 10% gratuity is designed to keep the cheap business clients honest. The CS caters to low end business conventions.
wannabeBelle said:
One of the points to consider is that if you are planning on using a passholder discount I have always found this particular hotel VERY tough to get in that discount category. Belle
That's because they don't want that type of guest. They work a different crowd.
HunnyPot said:
If you like to exercise a lot, this is a great resort.
Epcot82Guy said:
Just wanted to echo this. It is not bad at all, but it is longer in the walking department.
If you enjoy regular and repeated exercise then CS is the place for you!

We stayed there once...never again.

Upvote 0

Nicole

We stayed at CS last summer. I was very impressed. I was there with an AP discount, but that was prior to the "Best Rate" program.

We liked that there was a health club, and thought the pool complex area was great. We ate lunch one day by the pool from the grill there. One thing that I thought was great was that you can refill your resort mug at the pool grill, you don't have to trek all the way to the main food court.

Upvote 0

slowbee

We just got back from CS yesterday. It's a very nice resort. It's HUGE... the market is very nice and the food is good. There are a few places to eat, the shops is typical Disney as well as the room. We had a water view room over looking one of the lagoons.

The only thing is that it's HUGE.... if you've ever stayed at PO French Quarter, then you know how small and cozy that place is. It's never a far walk to the pool or the parking lot. After spending 15 hours on our feet, walking back from the parking lot was painful.

Upvote 0

bears163

kentb3 took the words write out f my mouth. we werer there 1 year ago & loved it. if not for being in the DVC i would be there this week. awesome & fun place

Upvote 0

bhg469

As a matter of fact its the only place we stay again. We enjoy how laid back the hotel is. Very laid back and quiet, which is what i want in the hotel, there is enough Chaos at the parks. As far as the busses hands down the BEST resort transportation busses are rarely late and barely ever filled like other resorts.

As far as the walk its not a big deal you only really have to make the full walk twice because the busses driving around the resort can take ou to the main building, you just hop on a downtown disney bus to get to your room because their first stop is always stop #1 and every other bus will stop and #1 last. So there is no reason to worry about walking.

Upvote 0

Mitzer

It is a beautiful resort and it is quiet. Each time we have stayed there I have noticed also that most of the guests are adults. I believe that this is because this is one of their conference hotels. It has never been crowded. The buses come quickly and are usually not crowded. The food choices are great. I love this hotel. In fact we will be there in January. Of all the Moderates, this is my DH's favorite. I think it would be a great choice for a honeymoon if you are wanting a quiet type hotel for your most important trip. Of course, the AKL is a great choice too, but it offers a totally different experience. Either choice you make, they are both great places to stay and you will be in the "happiest place on earth" at the happiest time in your life. Have a great trip and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Wendy

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Here's a couple of fansite links for you that may help.
http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/
http://www.wdwmemories.com/csr/
Both have some good info and LOTS of pictures.

My wife and I have stayed at CSR in the Casitas section in November of 2003. The resort is very large and, as a few people above have mentions, is the only moderate to have a convention center. In the past we've stayed at all the value resorts, all the moderate resorts, and half the deluxe resorts on property and this was by far our least favorite. I think a lot of it had to do with being in Casitas. The Casitas area is made up of large four story motel style buildings close together with some very nice fountains and gardens between them and some architectural elements to theme it to areas of Northern Mexico. It houses a lot of the convention guests since it is closest to the main building/convention center. So instead of lots of vacationing families, it was a lot of business people and police officers (for a public safety convention). Just didn't have that magical cozy feel like a Disney Resort vacation to us, felt more like staying at a pink and orange Motel 6.

Now the Ranchos and Cabanas sections seem to be more what we'd expect with smaller, lower buildings with more drastic theming. If you are staying at CSR, and don't mind the longer walk to the food court and main building, try requesting in one of these areas. Ranchos is desert southwest themed and is closest to the main pool (which is themed list an Aztec or Myan pyramid) or Cabanas (think mexican style Caribbean Beach) is a good balance between distance to the pool and the main building.

Upvote 0

jakeman

I am going to go against the grain here and say that I prefer the other moderates (POR and especially POFQ).

The walking aspect is not really a big deal but it can be a long way to the food court. I would guess that it would be no long than the walk from the back of CBR or POR.

The scenery is nice but I prefer POFQ. This is probably a personal preference as the theme is done as well as the other moderates.

I think the biggest draw back for me the couple of times I have stayed there is the food court. The modified table service is complicated and the small food shop never really had anything to my liking. All of the food I saw was prepared when you ordered it. Which, don't get me wrong, is good, but can be time consuming if you just want a quick bite. Overall, the food court was very cumbersome to use and lacked the convenience of the other moderate resorts.

The rooms are pretty standard. If I remember correctly they have not been renovated in a while. Both POR and POFQ were just renovated a couple of years ago or just recently (depending on building). The rooms at CS are still much nicer than the value resorts and there were no apparent signs of wear.

I am not a big pool person, but I hear the pool at CS is great; and there are quite pools at each building so you can get away from the kids (something that POFQ does not have).

I believe it depends on what type of surroundings you want: Southwest or Southeast. If the food court is a secondary concern then it would be a toss up, as all other pros and cons seem to cancel each other out.

I love food, therefore...

Oh, and have a great honeymoon. When you book and when you check-in, regardless of where you decide to stay make sure you tell them it’s your honeymoon.

Upvote 0

alanindy

I stayed there in May and enjoyed it. I would stay there again, and have stayed at other moderates, deluxe, and economy on property, but I haven't yet stayed at Caribbean Beach and it may have a slight advantage as I've heard. As others have mentioned, it is very large and spread out and you will do quite a bit of walking. It is indeed a beautiful property, offers nice views if you have a water view room, and you can see structures around the property from upper level rooms in the Casitas such as the Tower of Terror, Swan and Dolphin, Blizzard Beach Summit Plummit, Tree of Life, etc. depending on your room location. It is VERY quiet, relaxed, and is quick and convenient to all parks except the Magic Kingdom. Getting to Downtown Disney was a bit a of problem early in the day as the busses are few and far between at that time, and if you have tight time constraints for dinner reservations, a cab may be the way to go for D.D. though very pricey.

It offers a health club as well which is more elaborate than the simple "fitness rooms" at most hotels, and has some limited spa type services (massage, etc). I made use of the business center while there, using the internet connection and shipped home some purchases that wouldn't fit in my luggage easily. It was handy to have! Busses were never an issue but dont linger if you see one coming when walking to a stop, as they tend to bypass any stop if there isn't anyone standing there waiting.

The hours of the main building's shops/restaraunts during my visit were extremely annoying. There were no posted hours for the food court, Mayan Grill, the gift shop or arcade and each didn't seem to close at the same time each night during my 5 night visit. One night (a Tuesday) the small food store attached to the food court where you can pick up items for the in room fridge, snacks and such was open past midnight, the next night, it was closed by 10:30pm, the next 11:30pm, etc, and my final night, wasn't open at all when I got in from the parks around 9:45pm.

I would suggest Casistas or Cabanas if you dont want to walk as far and definitely do an online search for or ask your travel agent or Disney to provide a property map and request specific buildings/room locations when you book your trip (no guarantees though!), and definitely politely and VERY nicely work with the cast member when you check in to see what rooms are available. I have always had luck with choosing my room location (in my price category) if checking in early enough in the day, and cast members have always been informative, helpful, and accomodating. Though with Magical Express, I'm not sure if this would cause a problem with your luggage being misdirected if you were originally set for a different room location by the booking system.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom