Coronado Springs

Wannabe Walt

We're going to WDW in May this year and staying at Coronado Springs. We've looked at each area (Casitas, Ranchos, and Cabanas) but we can't decide which one we like best. Does anyone have any tips on which area to request when we check in?

Thanks!

Dwarful

We stayed at CSR in Dec. The trip was great, but we did not fall in love with CSR. We stayed in Casitas I believe. We were not too far from Check in and food but it was a hike and a half to the main pool. With 6 kids that was a huge disappointment. Also, people mentioned that little carts would pick you up and give you a ride. That never happened once while we were there...would have been helpful once or twice with my mother.

Upvote 0

righttrack

I agree with what most are saying. Because this resort is circular, and its attractions and amenities are well-distributed, its a walk to everything. There is a long bridge over the water that connects the cabanas to the theme pool and poolside bar. By staying in the Cabanas you can skip much of the circular walk and take the bridge to the pool and jacuzzi, which is fantastic. You're closest to the park buses and a moderate walk to the Pepper Market (restaurant)

Upvote 0

DisneyNut7578

I agree with everyone. We stayed in Dec. You might get a place close to the main building, but then you are a mile away from the pool. The resort is so huge your feet get tired walking to the bus stop, and you still have all day at the park!!:lol:

Something is wrong with the resort though and I don't know what. We felt less like we were at Disney there. Maybe it's because it's a convention hotel, and we saw a ton of people in suits. Weird seeing business people in suits when you are at WDW!!

Upvote 0

Wannabe Walt

Original Poster
I think we'll request cabanas or casitas lol... both seem really nice. We stayed at POR last time, so we are used to a little hiking lol. Thanks guys!

Upvote 0

jmani56

The Ranchos are further than the rest, but I've never been to the desert so I love the theming. I actually prefer the Ranchos just for that. If you will have a car on your vacation, distance really won't be an issue. If not, you can always hitch a ride on those little carts that drive by.

I guess it depends on what area interests you most. Cabanas are beach-themed, Ranchos are desert-themed and Casitas are Spanish-themed. Each has their own charm. Casitas are closest to the main lobby/restaurants, but further from the main pool than the other two. There are quiet pools however for each area.

Upvote 0

alanindy

I stayed in the Casitas in May 2005 and enjoyed it. I was on the 4th floor with a water view so I had a great view of not only the resort itself, but could see The Tower of Terror, Swan, Dolphin, etc. VERY nice view! The resort is huge, yes, but if you've stayed in the other moderates, it's similar to Carribbean or Port Orleans Riverside in being spread out. The Casitas are close to most bus stops and the main building, but yes, far from the main pool. A quiet pool is close by though. The health club and spa is in the casitas area too! The convention center had an added benefit - I made good use of the business center with the computers and also in shipping some of my purchases home! I would definitely stay there again.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
WE stayed at the Coronado Springs last summer and loved it. We were in the cabanas (very close to everything). I used to think nothing could be better than the Caribbean or Polynesian, but the service we had at COronado was great!

Upvote 0

Wannabe Walt

Original Poster
I'm so glad to hear such great things about CS! I was a little worried when we booked it for our resort because I had always heard it wasn't as family-friendly because of the convention centers. But, you all have reversed that idea for me lol! Thanks! Hopefully, we enjoy it as much as you all did.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom