Coronado Springs v Caribbean resort

mrs moon

Original Poster
Hi hoping to book one of these two for October 2019
Which would be your choice for three females (one 13)
Would the construction be too intrusive then?

LeighM

I haven't stayed at Caribbean Beach yet so I don't know about the affect of construction there. I do have plans to stay there next spring though. I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos on the CBR construction and following fan FB groups for the resorts. I've been hearing that the bus situation at CBR isn't the best right now and I don't know when the bus pattern will change. I was at Coronado Springs in March. The tower construction there was not that bothersome, however, the construction of the restaurant in the lake was irritating on occasion. If the main feature pool is important to you, then CBR might be better because the Dig Site at CSR is closing for refurbishment starting in September and lasting until December or so. The buses at CSR were almost perfect when we were there in March, except for the early morning buses to Epcot, which has been a problem for us at Riverside as well.

mrs moon

Original Poster
I haven't stayed at Caribbean Beach yet so I don't know about the affect of construction there. I do have plans to stay there next spring though. I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos on the CBR construction and following fan FB groups for the resorts. I've been hearing that the bus situation at CBR isn't the best right now and I don't know when the bus pattern will change. I was at Coronado Springs in March. The tower construction there was not that bothersome, however, the construction of the restaurant in the lake was irritating on occasion. If the main feature pool is important to you, then CBR might be better because the Dig Site at CSR is closing for refurbishment starting in September and lasting until December or so. The buses at CSR were almost perfect when we were there in March, except for the early morning buses to Epcot, which has been a problem for us at Riverside as well.
Thank you for your reply!...Its next October 2019, so the pool i believe is finished this December,,,

lawdogNOLA

Short answer: Caribbean Beach Resort.

Long Answer: By October, 2019, it is likely that construction will be complete at both resorts. At present, the Caribbean Beach Resort's (CBR's) internal construction is nearing an end, and might even be finished by October, 2018, with us likely being within 1-2 months of it finishing. When complete, the CBR will have a new food court, a new sit-down restaurant, Sebastian's Bistro (formerly Shutters Restaurant), new Banana Cabana Pool Bar, new shopping area, and new registration & check-in area. A new counter service dining experience opened this spring, The Spyglass Grill, in Trinidad South. I've eaten there with my family, and we all enjoyed it. Still to be completed will be the new Skyliner, a gondola transportation system linking to Epcot's International Gateway and Disney's Hollywood Studios. It is also likely that the new Riviera Resort, a Disney Vacation Club (DVC), will also be complete by that time.

Coronado Springs Resort (CSR) will also almost certainly have its construction complete as well, with its construction issue being a new 15-story tower and a new dining/bar area in the middle of the lake. It appears likely to have more in the way of dining options than will the re-opened CBR, and it also has a spa and health club. Both resorts have really good pools and play areas, and both resorts have recently refurbished their rooms.

We stayed at the CBR from 5/29-6/7, and despite the construction, loved it (we are long time fans). What you should understand is that there are a lot of unknowns yet to come about how the resorts will be after all construction is done. If you're looking for island style: CBR. Next year at this time, you'll be able to get a high story room for a view of the surrounding area if you're at the CSR. That can be appealing. That also likely means that the bathrooms and vanities will be in typical tower hotel style, towards the entrance of the room, helping to deaden hallway noise.

That said, I'd go with the CBR again. We love the casual, island laid-backness that the place gives off (you've not lived until you've heard Mozart on steel drums :D ). The CSR is too conventioneer for our tastes, a little bit less magical than the CBR.

But the key thing is this: The Skyliner gondola system. The CBR is on it, CSR is not, and it will be running full speed ahead by October 2019. That means, weather permitting, you can hop on a gondola and be in Hollywood Studios or Epcot far quicker than you'll be able to from the CSR. You can even take the Skyliner to Epcot, walk through Future World to the monorail station, and then hop the monorail to the Magic Kingdom via the Transportation and Ticket Center.

There will also be the nearby amenities of the new Riviera Resort. Don't expect to be able to use their pool, but don't be surprised if they have a spa, and that like any WDW resort guest, you can reserve it and pay for it. Ditto for restaurants there. The exception might be the new rooftop restaurant, which is the only announced amenity at this time, from which fireworks viewing will take place. Right now, it's unknown whether the general public will be able to get Advanced Dining Reservations, or if it will only be for DVC members.

But the new Skyliner system definitely gives the edge to the CBR. Oh, and you can always do a split stay to compare for yourself. :)

Hayley In Wonderland

I stayed at CSR last year and loved it. Because it's a "convention" resort, its very quiet and less busy. The lake in the centre is beautiful and you can see and hear some of the fireworks from the lake. I personally wasn't bothered by the convention-esque atmosphere and think it helped - we are a young couple of 2 people and there wasn't many families there. The building of the tower didn't bother us at all, and the construction around the resort didn't bother us either, since you're out when it's going on. I loved it, the food court is really good and apparently it's got pretty much most amenities that a deluxe has :)

bhg469

Coronado is and has always been my favorite because it is the perfect resort to come back to and shut down. The transportation has always been better there (to me at least) and the counter service is really good compared to other resorts. Just take your food to go to avoid having to tip the server.

Club Cooloholic

Short answer: Caribbean Beach Resort.

Long Answer: By October, 2019, it is likely that construction will be complete at both resorts. At present, the Caribbean Beach Resort's (CBR's) internal construction is nearing an end, and might even be finished by October, 2018, with us likely being within 1-2 months of it finishing. When complete, the CBR will have a new food court, a new sit-down restaurant, Sebastian's Bistro (formerly Shutters Restaurant), new Banana Cabana Pool Bar, new shopping area, and new registration & check-in area. A new counter service dining experience opened this spring, The Spyglass Grill, in Trinidad South. I've eaten there with my family, and we all enjoyed it. Still to be completed will be the new Skyliner, a gondola transportation system linking to Epcot's International Gateway and Disney's Hollywood Studios. It is also likely that the new Riviera Resort, a Disney Vacation Club (DVC), will also be complete by that time.

Coronado Springs Resort (CSR) will also almost certainly have its construction complete as well, with its construction issue being a new 15-story tower and a new dining/bar area in the middle of the lake. It appears likely to have more in the way of dining options than will the re-opened CBR, and it also has a spa and health club. Both resorts have really good pools and play areas, and both resorts have recently refurbished their rooms.

We stayed at the CBR from 5/29-6/7, and despite the construction, loved it (we are long time fans). What you should understand is that there are a lot of unknowns yet to come about how the resorts will be after all construction is done. If you're looking for island style: CBR. Next year at this time, you'll be able to get a high story room for a view of the surrounding area if you're at the CSR. That can be appealing. That also likely means that the bathrooms and vanities will be in typical tower hotel style, towards the entrance of the room, helping to deaden hallway noise.

That said, I'd go with the CBR again. We love the casual, island laid-backness that the place gives off (you've not lived until you've heard Mozart on steel drums :D ). The CSR is too conventioneer for our tastes, a little bit less magical than the CBR.

But the key thing is this: The Skyliner gondola system. The CBR is on it, CSR is not, and it will be running full speed ahead by October 2019. That means, weather permitting, you can hop on a gondola and be in Hollywood Studios or Epcot far quicker than you'll be able to from the CSR. You can even take the Skyliner to Epcot, walk through Future World to the monorail station, and then hop the monorail to the Magic Kingdom via the Transportation and Ticket Center.

There will also be the nearby amenities of the new Riviera Resort. Don't expect to be able to use their pool, but don't be surprised if they have a spa, and that like any WDW resort guest, you can reserve it and pay for it. Ditto for restaurants there. The exception might be the new rooftop restaurant, which is the only announced amenity at this time, from which fireworks viewing will take place. Right now, it's unknown whether the general public will be able to get Advanced Dining Reservations, or if it will only be for DVC members.

But the new Skyliner system definitely gives the edge to the CBR. Oh, and you can always do a split stay to compare for yourself. :)
I am not so sure the gondolas will be ready by then. I read it may be pushed back to later 2019...like maybe arbor right before the star wars launch

lawdogNOLA

I am not so sure the gondolas will be ready by then. I read it may be pushed back to later 2019...like maybe arbor right before the star wars launch

:)

You misread my post. I was talking about the Caribbean Beach wrapping up construction by this October, and the Skyliner gondola system being fully up and running by October 2019. The skyliner system won't be ready to roll until 2019 by all reports, reportedly mid-2019. So, when they go next October, Skyliner should be fully up and running. Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge won't open until late Fall, 2019. I expect there to be a number of months that Skyliner will be operating, to work out kinks and get everyone adjusted to it, before SW:GE opens with the expected insane crowds.

One of the points a lot of people make as an advantage for CSR over CBR is transportation. My point is that once Skyliner opens, any such advantage not only vanishes, the transportation advantage becomes overwhelmingly on the side of the CBR.

Club Cooloholic

:)

You misread my post. I was talking about the Caribbean Beach wrapping up construction by this October, and the Skyliner gondola system being fully up and running by October 2019. The skyliner system won't be ready to roll until 2019 by all reports, reportedly mid-2019. So, when they go next October, Skyliner should be fully up and running. Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge won't open until late Fall, 2019. I expect there to be a number of months that Skyliner will be operating, to work out kinks and get everyone adjusted to it, before SW:GE opens with the expected insane crowds.

One of the points a lot of people make as an advantage for CSR over CBR is transportation. My point is that once Skyliner opens, any such advantage not only vanishes, the transportation advantage becomes overwhelmingly on the side of the CBR.
No I didn't misread. I am hopeful it's up and rolling by Oct 2019...but I have read reports it's looking closer to right at the galaxy edge opening...which could be late fall or early winter

lawdogNOLA

No I didn't misread. I am hopeful it's up and rolling by Oct 2019...but I have read reports it's looking closer to right at the galaxy edge opening...which could be late fall or early winter

Ah, understood. However, the reports I'm seeing indicate early summer, with May the usual target, give or take a few months. Given the progress I've seen, and the speed of construction, there's no way Skyliner isn't open by next October, short of an apocalyptic disaster.

And whenever the Skyliner goes on line, the Caribbean will have a massive transportation edge over CSR. I have seen projections and suggestions that Skyliner will eventually be expanded to Animal Kingdom, and that CSR would be on that line, but that's a few years down the pipe by the best projection.

Club Cooloholic

Ah, understood. However, the reports I'm seeing indicate early summer, with May the usual target, give or take a few months. Given the progress I've seen, and the speed of construction, there's no way Skyliner isn't open by next October, short of an apocalyptic disaster.

And whenever the Skyliner goes on line, the Caribbean will have a massive transportation edge over CSR. I have seen projections and suggestions that Skyliner will eventually be expanded to Animal Kingdom, and that CSR would be on that line, but that's a few years down the pipe by the best projection.
See I think they will want to have the Rivera up and running for the whole thing to be going. Is it possible it will run to maybe just art of animation, carib and maybe the Studios to begin with?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom