Coronado Springs Tower

SamMarie

Original Poster
Hi, I booked a stay in a standard room at Coronado Springs beginning 9th July before it was announced the tower would be opening that day! I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on how much more crowded the resort and check in will be on this date - so I can factor in this extra time.

Thank You :)

Can't speak from a similar experience, but I'm not sure if we can 100% say at this point they will be ready to open on that date exactly. You could get lucky and miss it by 3-7 days maybe?

If it does open, then I would definitely expect some higher crowd levels of not only resort guests, but people that just want to see it and check it all out. There may even be press there doing stories for local news channels.

Wendy Pleakley

Can't speak from a similar experience, but I'm not sure if we can 100% say at this point they will be ready to open on that date exactly. You could get lucky and miss it by 3-7 days maybe?

If it does open, then I would definitely expect some higher crowd levels of not only resort guests, but people that just want to see it and check it all out. There may even be press there doing stories for local news channels.

One can currently book stays at the tower on the July 9th day, so I can't imagine it won't be ready. It would be a fiasco if it weren't.

I don't think Disney would have opened up bookings if they weren't completely sure they could meet the target date.

Wendy Pleakley

The descriptions indicate the tower will have its' own lobby.

I imagine guests of the "old" Coronado will check-in at the existing location, and therefore there shouldn't be any major impact on those check-in times.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I don't think Disney would have opened up bookings if they weren't completely sure they could meet the target date.
It can happen. We booked a Royal Room at POR after the opening date was announced. A few weeks before check in we received a call that construction had fallen behind and the Royal rooms would not be ready in time for our stay. We were offered an upgrade to a deluxe resort for the same rate which we happily took.

MissingDisney

The descriptions indicate the tower will have its' own lobby.

I imagine guests of the "old" Coronado will check-in at the existing location, and therefore there shouldn't be any major impact on those check-in times.
Per wdwforgrownups and other sources...
1) The 15-story Gran Destino Tower will be taking over as the main entry for guests staying at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort offering a brilliant new two-story lobby space. A modern space connecting the new and old will have creative Disney touches as well as modern luxuries required by today's savvy travelers.

Buzz2001

The old check in area will close when the tower opens. It has not been announced what will happen to the old are but it will be used as a seating area in the short term

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom