Coronado Springs thoughts

DisneyPrincess5

I have always been a fan of Coronado and always enjoy getting to speak (write?) on it.

My experience of it is that it is a beautiful, calm, peaceful place. I always love waking up to a beautiful Florida morning at Coronado, walking right out of the room into the day. Great memories here for me. Awesome lobby and gift shop, love the QS spot, never done Maya Grill but have heard good things. The grounds are expansive and lush and the pool is really fun. Always encountered kind CMs there.

We aren’t stayed here in a few years so I cannot recall the deal with transportation, but it couldn’t have been too bad as I think I’d remember that.

Hope you choose Coronado to at least just give it a try. Enjoy!

Club34

Its terrible. A terrible terrible place. Certainly not centrally located in the "world". Certainly not a resort that has deluxe amenities at a moderate price. Certainly not one with multiple bus stops for guests. Certainly not one with multiple dining options [the Maya Grill certainly doesn't do fajitas out of cooked to order NY strip]. Certainly not one with the best themed pool area with one of the longest water slides outside of Blizzard Beach. Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY. Oh, and please ignore my avatar. ;)

BrerWayne

My family stayed there in August. We normally stayed at Riverside but Coronado was less expensive so we decided to try it. We loved it! The roon we stayed in had not been renovated yet but it was clean and comfortable. Construction was never an issue. The building we stayed in was having the exterior painted but the crews did not arrive until after 8:30 and we were out of the room by that time. In mu opinion the food court was MUCH less crowded than Riverside's and the pool was fabulous after long, hot days in the parks. Would absolutely stay there again in the future.

Magenta Panther

Well, I'm with the people who like Coronado Springs. I think it's beautiful. The water features are outstanding, and when I stayed there - about 4 years ago - the rooms were great and the food options very good. Sorry if you're having a bad experience. I hope that's a matter of personal taste and not due to a drop in quality in the resort...

ChanceH

Original Poster
Awesome!!
How many of you in your party?
Its just the 2 of us (Myself 25 and my boyfriend 31) so we would love to make some new friends while we are there! :)
7 total. My wife, son, her mom, dad and brother and his girlfriend. That would be awesome. Ive met some really good people on our numerous trips, would love to add to the list.

BrerWayne

Easily one of the best resorts on property. I only hope the price doesn't sky rocket once the tower is done. We really enjoy Coronado Springs and I have zero hesitation in recommending it even with the construction going on.
Yes, I fear the prices will skyrocket once the tower opens.

ChanceH

Original Poster
How far of a walk from the back ranchos is it to the main lobby and pepper market? Looks like it’s a hike.

ChanceH

Original Poster
That’s not to bad. Some of the back buildings at POR are most likely that bad also. We have always been fortunate to be in building 16, wish I knew how that compared to CSR

NormC

We stayed there once. We loved it. Would definitely stay there again. We are DVC but we had to stay with the Field Hockey teams when my daughter played.

pug

Family has always stayed at POR every trip, but thinking about switching up for a change. What's everyone's opinions? Food, rooms, transportation timing, just overall experience.
I would stick to POR. Coronado while nice feels more then a business hotel and resort then a relaxing resort like POR. I didn’t have a great experience at Coronado in December but I did get a free night out of it.

SteamboatJoe

Stayed at the Coronado for my honeymoon a few years ago and had no problems with it whatsoever. I would definitely stay again. As an adult with no kids, I appreciated the fact that the guests were a little more professional/grown up and the use of Disney characters was a little more reserved and classy. Food options are plentiful and the pool's atmosphere is unique.

I've also stayed at POR as well and found it equally charming and enjoyable. I really would be content at either resort.

WDW Kip

I've stayed there a few times over the years. It's a very nice moderate with decent food and good pools. The only thing that can be a challenge is the distance from the front of the resort for bus access or food in the morning. The rooms closest to the front of the resort can be reserved for conferences, so you're looking at a decent 10 minute walk.

spock8113

It's spread out like Texas! Almost as spread out as the Caribbean. Hope you're not far from the food court!
Add on an additional 15-20 minutes if you use the buses.
Stayed at the POP alot but Port Orleans and the Wilderness Lodge are my two favorites

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom