Coronado Springs thoughts

ChanceH

Original Poster
Family has always stayed at POR every trip, but thinking about switching up for a change. What's everyone's opinions? Food, rooms, transportation timing, just overall experience.

Much-Pixie-Dust

Just stayed there last week, for the third time in last couple of years. The construction isn’t obtrusive to guests. Love their quick service and pool. He refurbed rooms are much improved, with many outlets for electronics, nice tv, and love the shower. It’s big, so depending what room you get, you could be walking for food. We love it and it’s our favorite moderate.

My family is a fan of Coronado. We stayed there in June 2015 and will be returning in May. The lakeside bar was nice, plus we enjoyed the food court area - atmosphere is fun. Coronado and Port Orleans French Quarter are our two favorite Moderate resorts. (family of 4 - two teenagers)

PrincessJasmyn

Just stayed there last week, for the third time in last couple of years. The construction isn’t obtrusive to guests. Love their quick service and pool. He refurbed rooms are much improved, with many outlets for electronics, nice tv, and love the shower. It’s big, so depending what room you get, you could be walking for food. We love it and it’s our favorite moderate.

I'm going for the first time in May and cant wait to check it out now!!

My family is a fan of Coronado. We stayed there in June 2015 and will be returning in May. The lakeside bar was nice, plus we enjoyed the food court area - atmosphere is fun. Coronado and Port Orleans French Quarter are our two favorite Moderate resorts. (family of 4 - two teenagers)

@ThunderRebel What dates are you going? We will be there in May for 4 days 14th-18th May!

jessfriends

Love CSR. Its been our go to resort since 1998

Same here. I just stayed in a renovated room earlier in the month and loved it! The shower was nice.

Love CSR and I highly recommend Buzz's site for all types of info you may want about CSR including dining, buses, room info, etc. CSR has been called the Deluxe of Moderates, and I agree.

Yes I agree Deluxe of Moderates. It's the best moderate to me.

Minnesota disney fan

We stayed there once many years ago, before they made the Pepper Market more user friendly. That was the only thing we didn't like about CS. But I understand that now it has been updated and is like all the other food services. so that's great news!
We felt the rooms were bigger than other resorts, but they aren't supposed to be. We stayed in the Casitas, bldg. 3, and loved the area with it's fountains and tropical flora. It is also the closest to the main bldg. We never ventured around the big lake or to the main pool, which looks lovely. The bus transportation was not a problem at any time.
Being a convention hotel, we never noticed any evidence of conventions going on or unruly behavior.
We tried POR and fell in love with the theming, so have not been back to CS, but would not hesitate to go there again if we change.

MickeyMomV

From posts I've seen this seems to be the current room renovation schedule:

• Casita 1 (preferred) - COMPLETE
  • Casita 2 (preferred) - COMPLETE
  • Casita 3 (preferred) - COMPLETE
  • Casita 4 (standard and waterview/quiet pool) - under rehab
  • Casita 5 (standard and waterview) - Start date TBD
  • Rancho 6a (standard and waterview) - TBD
  • Rancho 6b (standard) - TBD
  • Rancho 7a (standard) - COMPLETE
  • Rancho 7b (standard and quite pool view) - TBD
  • Cabana 8a (standard and waterview) - COMPLETE
  • Cabana 8b (standard and waterview) - TBD
  • Cabana 9a (standard and waterview/quiet pool) - TBD
  • Cabana 9b - DEMOLISHED - Tower being build (completed 2019)
Fantastic!! We have a preferred room booked for our trip in 5 weeks.

KAY823

We are staying here now for the first time because it was the only place we could get due to marathon weekend. I don’t like it at all. I won’t be staying here again. I prefer Caribbean Beach or my favorite, Port Orleans French Quarter. If I could have moved resorts, I would have.

wagner1225

Being from the Southwest I thought we wouldn't like it, seeing the the same theme, was impressed , like the foodcourt, liked the pool, and the grounds were very nice, they say its a convention hotel which is nice during the day everybody is gone, it is spread out but we liked that two.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom