Coronado Springs for 12 or split?

tikitikitiki

Original Poster
We are currently planning our 2022 WDW trip. We are going to stay for three weeks in the Orlando area the first 10 days in a rental house. We are going to the beach, sightseeing etc...during the first week, my husband is actually going to work from our rental. We will do things local at night and during the day, while he is working, I am going to poke around Disney resorts with my son who will be a senior in high school that year.

We know for sure we want to stay at the CSR in the tower. But we are unsure if we want to stay there for the full 12 days. Should we split it up? Is splitting up a stay a hassle? Does it traditionally ruin fastpasses or reservations? I know things might look completely different at Disney in 2022, but its all I have to go on now.

If I was going for a no cost/little cost change, split, I would make half my stay at Caribbean Beach Resort. So we can use the skyliner.
If I can afford to upgrade my ideal split would be Coronado springs and then either the Grand Floridian...possibly the Polynesian. I have already had a 10 day trip at the Contemporary so we know we would want to be on the monorail.

OR is it better to just stay put at the Coronado springs? (we will have a rental car...so no worries about buses or their transportation issues)

aliceismad

Personally if I were going for that long, I would prefer a split stay so I could enjoy more than one resort. I've only done a split stay once (POFQ to BLT) and it was easy peasy. They moved our luggage for us, and our room was ready just in time for our mid-afternoon break.

They were considered 2 stays, so you have to do the FP early morning dance twice. I believe that is still the case. I mean, if/when FPs come back.

tikitikitiki

Original Poster
Personally if I were going for that long, I would prefer a split stay so I could enjoy more than one resort. I've only done a split stay once (POFQ to BLT) and it was easy peasy. They moved our luggage for us, and our room was ready just in time for our mid-afternoon break.

They were considered 2 stays, so you have to do the FP early morning dance twice. I believe that is still the case. I mean, if/when FPs come back.
I know, I hope they do come back. Or at least, replaced by a better system. I happen to like the Disneyland Fastpass set up. Not sure it would work for WDW.

Thanks!!

NelleBelle

We've also done the split-stay (Contemp. to AKL). As previously mentioned, very easy! We called bell services to pick-up our bags from our room and explained we were transferring to AKL. We got a notice on our phones later in the afternoon that rooms were ready and when we arrived, our bags where all there! They were definitely counted as two reservations and I believe that is the only time I've used a travel agent for planning to make things easier for us. We were running the marathon and I was already stressed about that and did not need the added "stress" of worrying something would go wrong. We definitely had our ADR#s written down and I think there might have been a slight hiccup with our DDP the day we "checked-out" and "checked-in" as far as meals went. But I wouldn't let that stop you if you plan on doing the DDP and a split stay. 😊

nickys

Premium Member

Actually FPs had one booking window for split stays, except for a very short time whlist they tightened up the rules around Feb 2019. But who knows what will happen by then anyway. I would do a split stay and experience two resorts. Advice is always to move up a category so do CBR / Coronado first and then the monorail Resort.

ADRs have two windows and continue to do so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom