Coronado Springs Feedback?

Magicmom203

Original Poster
Has anyone stayed at Coronado Springs recently? I'm looking for some feedback on the hotel rooms, etc. Is the main draw the Skyliner? Some older reviews have said that the bus line can be brutal?

Buzz2001

CSR does not have access to the skyliner, that is CBR. The buses are back to full capacity and have never been an issue for any of my trips.

Magicmom203

Original Poster
You’re right. I’m getting my hotels mixed up. thinking about Caribbean Beach but have never stayed there. Is it as spread out as it looks? We were thinking we could use Skyliner for transportation but can’t figure out the distance from room to the Skyliner. It also looks like you can walk to Rivera? How are the rooms? Thank!

Notes from Neverland

You’re right. I’m getting my hotels mixed up. thinking about Caribbean Beach but have never stayed there. Is it as spread out as it looks? We were thinking we could use Skyliner for transportation but can’t figure out the distance from room to the Skyliner. It also looks like you can walk to Rivera? How are the rooms? Thank!
Caribbean's layout is quite large. Depending on where your room is located, you might have a decent walk to the dining areas or the Skyliner. Yes, you can walk to Riviera and board the Skyliner there if it's closer to your room. The rooms at Caribbean aren't bad, but they aren't quite as modern as the ones at Coronado Springs.

Weather_Lady

Not a very recent guest, but FWIW...

Yes, Caribbean Beach is just as spread-out as it looks, so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with a mobility impairment. That being said, we enjoyed our stay there a few years ago. At the time, the rooms had just been refurbished and looked great, and we found the storage space and layout to be sufficient for our needs -- even with 2 adults, 2 kids and 1 mother-in-law sharing the room! (They haven't been refurbed since then, but I presume they're still in good shape.)

If you opt to stay there in a standard room, I would recommend requesting somewhere in the north part of Jamaica or south part of Aruba, or thereabouts -- you'll be at a rough midpoint between Old Port Royale, the Skyliner hub, and the Riviera skyliner station. From there, it's a maximum 10-minute walk to any of those locations. The Skyliner is super-convenient, and now that COVID distancing measures are being relaxed, the line for it should go back to moving quickly: you just have to be aware of the daily schedule if you're trying to swing a rope drop arrival somewhere.

Our trip was not during a high-crowd time (mid-October) and of course it was pre-COVID, but the bus service when we were there was great. Buses were regular and frequent, and although the resort has multiple stops, we breezed through them quickly. Honestly, it was better bus service than we've experienced at deluxes like Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge, but I know bus service can be hit-or-miss no matter where one stays.

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

Not a very recent guest, but FWIW...

Yes, Caribbean Beach is just as spread-out as it looks, so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with a mobility impairment. That being said, we enjoyed our stay there a few years ago. At the time, the rooms had just been refurbished and looked great, and we found the storage space and layout to be sufficient for our needs -- even with 2 adults, 2 kids and 1 mother-in-law sharing the room! (They haven't been refurbed since then, but I presume they're still in good shape.)

If you opt to stay there in a standard room, I would recommend requesting somewhere in the north part of Jamaica or south part of Aruba, or thereabouts -- you'll be at a rough midpoint between Old Port Royale, the Skyliner hub, and the Riviera skyliner station. From there, it's a maximum 10-minute walk to any of those locations. The Skyliner is super-convenient, and now that COVID distancing measures are being relaxed, the line for it should go back to moving quickly: you just have to be aware of the daily schedule if you're trying to swing a rope drop arrival somewhere.

Our trip was not during a high-crowd time (mid-October) and of course it was pre-COVID, but the bus service when we were there was great. Buses were regular and frequent, and although the resort has multiple stops, we breezed through them quickly. Honestly, it was better bus service than we've experienced at deluxes like Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge, but I know bus service can be hit-or-miss no matter where one stays.

But do the skyliner resorts even have bus service available? I thought there was no bus service at these resorts, unless the skyliner was shut down?

Weather_Lady

But do the skyliner resorts even have bus service available? I thought there was no bus service at these resorts, unless the skyliner was shut down?
Yes -- there is bus service to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, which are not accessible by Skyliner.

If it helps to see it, here's the Skyliner route:

0819-skyliner-official-map.jpg

MickeyLuv'r

I have not stayed at CBR in many years, it was too spread out for my tastes. On the other hand, I had a fabulous stay at Coronado's new Gran Destino Tower in 2019. We thought the tower was beautiful. The staff was super. We literally split our stay between Gran Destino and the Contemporary, and Gran Destino was quite a bit nicer with far better service.

We didn't use the buses because we had a a rental car. We mostly only added CSR to see the very new Galaxy's Edge + the very new Gran Destino, so we didn't go to MK from CSR. The only thing I didn't love about Gran Destino (compared to CR) was that we didn't have a balcony. We could see the fireworks form the hotel, but it is much further away, so not at all the same feeling, but overall it was great.

Sigh. I hope it is still just as nice, but much has happened since 2019.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom