• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Coronado Springs Expansion

All three bridges will be guest accessible. The restaurant is located at the meeting point of the three bridges, but it does not block them. This will be especially helpful for guests going from Casitas to the Pool or former lobby/convention space. The general thought is that post-renovation the tower will be the primary convention hotels space followed by the Casitas. Meanwhile, the Ranchos(?) and Cabanas will be primarily intended for parks guests.
Maybe I should have worded my question differently.....I know that they WILL be accessible but are they accessible NOW? THANKS!

Magic Feather

Advertisement
Maybe I should have worded my question differently.....I know that they WILL be accessible but are they accessible NOW? THANKS!
Oh, haha. Unfortunately, the bridges are not yet open for guest use. However, I would be surprised if they didn’t open before the tower.

BigThunderMatt

I don't think anyone is making it out to be terrible...it certainly seems to have a lot more style than the Riviera Resort, though it is missing balconies... Always difficult to make that lep when you have a campus of low building since it's inception, and then add a gigantic tower...especially when space is not an issue....
But other than that, it looks fine...
I mean, technically because the existing rooms are exterior entry, none of them have balconies anyway. It always confused me when people were so adamant about the view from their room and I'm like "How much time are you REALLY going to spend with your curtains open looking out the window while literally anybody that walks by can see into your room?"

IMDREW

Have they also expanded/built a new pool? Surely the old one can't handle so many more guests with this new tower right?

Nextinline

Have they also expanded/built a new pool? Surely the old one can't handle so many more guests with this new tower right?
No new pool. Dig Site had a refurb recently, but with no increase to capacity.

This is definitely a big concern. Even conventioneers are just as likely to use the pool as any other resort amenities.

Magic Feather

While it is purely anecdotal, I have never seen the Dig Site Near Full. Even then, there are still the relief pools in every other section, so it should not be of great concern. I’m personally more concerned about a moderate having three (four if you count Rix) Table Service Restaurants, when it could barely support one (two w/ Rix).

wannabeBelle

While it is purely anecdotal, I have never seen the Dig Site Near Full. Even then, there are still the relief pools in every other section, so it should not be of great concern. I’m personally more concerned about a moderate having three (four if you count Rix) Table Service Restaurants, when it could barely support one (two w/ Rix).
A little off topic, but a question for you. A long time ago, I had asked why they stopped breakfast at the moderate sit down restaurants and was told that the restaurant didnt have a demand for breakfast. Obviously they never had breakfast at POR as that restaurant ALWAYS had a wait! As this was the restaurant I was talking to the manager of at the time, I told her that I had been eating breakfast at Boatwright's for many years and there was certainly a call for it. I can understand there not being a call for dinner ( or lunch for that matter) as people will be off in the parks and not want to come back to the resorts just for that, but breakfast was reasonably popular at all of the Mods. To cut that meal seems kind of foolish no? Marie

Magic Feather

A little off topic, but a question for you. A long time ago, I had asked why they stopped breakfast at the moderate sit down restaurants and was told that the restaurant didnt have a demand for breakfast. Obviously they never had breakfast at POR as that restaurant ALWAYS had a wait! As this was the restaurant I was talking to the manager of at the time, I told her that I had been eating breakfast at Boatwright's for many years and there was certainly a call for it. I can understand there not being a call for dinner ( or lunch for that matter) as people will be off in the parks and not want to come back to the resorts just for that, but breakfast was reasonably popular at all of the Mods. To cut that meal seems kind of foolish no? Marie
Short Term: Blame Budget Cuts.
Long Term becomes a little more interesting.

LuvWDW2

Rix currently serves breakfast. It is quite tasty too. While an ADR wouldn’t have been necessary when we went (President’s Day) it was hardly empty either. I hope they keep doing it!

wannabeBelle

Rix currently serves breakfast. It is quite tasty too. While an ADR wouldn’t have been necessary when we went (President’s Day) it was hardly empty either. I hope they keep doing it!
The last time I was there I saw a few things on that menu that looked very tasty, but didn't get a chance to get over there. I'm staying there later this year and will make it a point to get there for breakfast. Marie

WDWtraveler

Premium Member
Photo update as of Saturday, March 16, 2019.

The connection for the bridge to the new Villa Del Lago restaurant at the patio near Maya Grill. The light poles, handrails, music speakers, and under the bridge fire sprinklers have all been installed.

The front of the main tower is getting the same decorative scrollwork installed.

Near the existing road to the Coronado Springs porte-cochere, this shelter with an undulating black roof has been installed, which matches the roof of the new tower porte-cochere. Bus transportation shelter?

Finally, there are some changes being made to the entrance sign. Here is the sign on the right side of the entrance.

Here is the sign on the left side of the entrance.

Top Bottom