• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Coronado Springs Expansion

Cesar R M

Photo update as of Thursday, February 22, 2018. The high rise resort at Coronado Springs is up to the 8th and 9th floors now. First photo is from the porte cochere of Coronado Springs for a size comparison.

View attachment 265962

View attachment 265963

The first pilings are being installed for the restaurant in the center of the lake. To the right, the first boardwalk is being installed, extending from Casitas No. 5.

View attachment 265964

View attachment 265965

Quite a bit of fill has been added to the front of the high rise, to build out pavement and landscaping for the front of the building.

View attachment 265967

View attachment 265968

Finally, here is the image you see as you drive up to the security kiosk for Coronado Springs.

View attachment 265969
Anyone can explain how a giant building of Miami style hotel tower is inspired in Mexico, TexMex and stuff like that ? o _ O

I mean, just seen the other images a few times (the "concept") and they dont look anything remotely colonial.
They infact reminds me of Granada,, Malaga or other areas with very heavy Islamic inspiration.

Last edited:

ryguy

Advertisement
The view from this tower will at least be nicer than the one at the Riviera resort, which is a view of cast parking and backstage at Epcot. At least at night it shouldn't so visible when looking at those fireworks :p

SoupBone

I stayed here last week, and the expansion is really nice so far. I stayed in a brand new room, and I have to say, Coronado finally feels like a moderate resort now. The rooms were very nice, the scenery, especially the fountains, bushes, flowers, etc. were all very nice. I really felt like I was at a Disney resort, which in previous Coronado stays never felt that way.

Biff215

I stayed here last week, and the expansion is really nice so far. I stayed in a brand new room, and I have to say, Coronado finally feels like a moderate resort now. The rooms were very nice, the scenery, especially the fountains, bushes, flowers, etc. were all very nice. I really felt like I was at a Disney resort, which in previous Coronado stays never felt that way.
Interesting, wonder what has changed so far that would make you feel that way. I've always felt Coronado felt more like a deluxe resort, far better than any moderate. I fear the changes (the tower mostly) might change my outlook on the resort, and I've been avoiding it due to the construction for now. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, I hope I can go back one day.

SoupBone

Interesting, wonder what has changed so far that would make you feel that way. I've always felt Coronado felt more like a deluxe resort, far better than any moderate. I fear the changes (the tower mostly) might change my outlook on the resort, and I've been avoiding it due to the construction for now. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, I hope I can go back one day.
I stayed at Coronado in 2014 and it felt like a regular old and dated hotel. I never really felt like I was at Disney, outside of the main lobby. The new rooms are really nice, with huge TV's, high end shower, and really comfortable beds. They hit the rooms out of the park. I don't know if they added more shrubbery, flowers, and overall greenery, but it has a completely different feel to it now. I will definitely book there for future trips.

Biff215

Happy we were able to enjoy this resort pre-tower. Hope it turns out better than I fear. I wonder how many resorts will eventually have towers looming over them.

Rteetz

@MisterPenguin Yeah got that but I am asking about the 10/1/2019 and 3/1/2019 dates. Are those from permits or somewhere else? I don't remember seeing those before.

NiarrNDisney

The pool is going to be crowded when this tower is complete :joyfull:
I agree the main Maya Temple pool will be crowded but luckily there are 3 quiet pools around the resort that will free up some space.
May be time for them to consider expanding either the main pool or one of the Quiet pools (preferrable the one in the Casitas next to the Health Spa).

Top Bottom