News Coronado Springs Expansion - Gran Destino Tower

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I'm not liking the new landscaping around the pyramid at the pool. It looks like it got a bad haircut!! At least with the heavier vegetation, the big "roots" that block the stairs/waterfall make some sense. Without it, why would there be roots that big for vegetation so small?

Photo Cred: @wdwmagic

1545145910203.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm not liking the new landscaping around the pyramid at the pool. It looks like it got a bad haircut!! At least with the heavier vegetation, the big "roots" that block the stairs/waterfall make some sense. Without it, why would there be roots that big for vegetation so small?

View attachment 334286

I would imagine what was planted there would grow...

peter11435

View attachment 334286
It will grow. This isn’t the first time the pyramid has been replanted.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, January 19, 2019. The upper sides of the tower have gotten finishing touches. Cast member states tower will be ready in August.

IMG_0990.JPG

IMG_0995.JPG

On the lakeside of the tower, decorative details are being installed, as per the concept art.

IMG_0991.JPG

The framework for the enclosed, air-conditioned passage between the original Coronado Springs lobby and the tower has been erected. (According to the concept video in the lobby.) The outer grounds on the lakeside of the tower have been graded for landscaping, protected by this plastic sheet.

IMG_0992.JPG

IMG_0994.JPG

Work continues on the lake bar and restaurant.

IMG_0993.JPG

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Photo update as of Saturday, January 19, 2019. The upper sides of the tower have gotten finishing touches.

View attachment 342047

View attachment 342051

On the lakeside of the tower, decorative details are being installed, as per the concept art.

View attachment 342048

The framework for the enclosed, air-conditioned passage between the original Coronado Springs lobby and the tower has been erected. (According to the concept video in the lobby.) The outer grounds on the lakeside of the tower have been graded for landscaping, protected by this plastic sheet.

View attachment 342049

View attachment 342050

Work continues on the lake bar and restaurant.

View attachment 342052
Thank you, as usual.

I just sent an email to my TA to investigate the possibility of upgrading our September Preferred King room to a room in the tower. Heck, I’d even consider two Queen beds to make it work.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, January 31, 2019.

The enclosed, air conditioned connector framework as seen from the original Coronado Springs check-in lobby windows. The construction scrim had fallen down and the connector is visible here, where it will connect with the current lobby.

I apologize in advance if the following have been posted previously. In the Coronado Springs lobby there is a video of artists' concept pictures of the new tower and surrounding landscaping. I only present a few of the views shown, there are others.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom