News Coronado Springs Expansion - Gran Destino Tower

briangaw

I'm not sure if they will need another pool. This tower is really targeted for the conference going crowd and is also going in place physically and capacity wise where other buildings were.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
They are removing a lot of the water sections..

Also, did they demolish one hotel tower of old coronado?

I'm looking at the current image of google maps..
Cabanas 9B was demolished last year.

6D7264C9-C8E9-4C8B-A5A0-7D25ACFE86BB.jpeg

Biff215

I'm not sure if they will need another pool. This tower is really targeted for the conference going crowd and is also going in place physically and capacity wise where other buildings were.
But since it’s a tower compared to a low level building, I assume capacity will increase rather significantly. It seems part of the purpose of the tower is to restore moderate capacity lost at CBR.

Even if it is aimed at the business crowd, you’d have to think demand will increase for the current pools. An indoor pool just for the tower would be wise, but I don’t believe Disney has ever done this.

disneyC97

But since it’s a tower compared to a low level building, I assume capacity will increase rather significantly. It seems part of the purpose of the tower is to restore moderate capacity lost at CBR.

Even if it is aimed at the business crowd, you’d have to think demand will increase for the current pools. An indoor pool just for the tower would be wise, but I don’t believe Disney has ever done this.
Not in the states.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They are removing a lot of the water sections..

Also, did they demolish one hotel tower of old coronado?

I'm looking at the current image of google maps..

Google has updated their maps to this past January. If you use Google Earth Pro (it's free), you'll be able to see a history of past maps and you'll see what was demo'd.

Cesar R M

Google has updated their maps to this past January. If you use Google Earth Pro (it's free), you'll be able to see a history of past maps and you'll see what was demo'd.
Strangely, I'm still getting the old version.
Aka the cabanas still there..

I wonder if its because I'm from Mexico (aka different version of google maps due to copyright).. no idea honestly.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Are the first 4 floors rooms or conference/convention space? Without those 4 floors, I count 11 decks.

larandtra

Staying there in a few weeks. Ive always felt like this could be a really really nice resort and I want to try the new refurb rooms. I will not be surprised if they go to a tier pricing system at this resort once the tower is done basically deluxe prices in tower and moderate in wongs or even making the whole thing deluxe with pricing similar to AKL and WL. The new restaurant that will be built in the middle of the lagoon has my interest.

BigThunderMatt

Do we have an accurate count of how many floors are up?

I believe it's almost topped off. If you look at it from the opposite side within the resort (which is the angle the concept art is viewed from) there are more floors that you can't really see well from this angle (it also gives better perspective to how wide the tower is).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom