Coronado Springs Club Level Rooms?

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
We booked CS for December 2-8 with the free dining pin that we received, however the only room still available was a club level business class room. I've read that these rooms are in the Cabanas closest to the main building, but I was wondering what makes them club level or "concierge" as they put it.
Are the rooms any bigger, nicer, different? Any other perks to being in this type of room class?

The only other moderate I could get with free dining was Caribbean Beach which was quite a bit cheaper then this club level at CS, but I had my heart set on CS and have no desire to stay at Caribbean Beach again. Both PO were full as well which is another favorite.
Hope I'm not overpaying just to get the free dining. Just wondered if anyone had any experience with this.

Thanks!

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Thank you for that link. That does help.
Seems there isn't that much of a difference besides the breakfast.

I'm so bummed that was all that was left. I think I'm paying too much but really wanted CS.

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
We got a free upgrade to one last year- it was awesome! Loved the free breakfast and snacks in the afternoon- saved us quite a bit of cash. I'd definitely stay in one again

Glad you liked it. I like the breakfast idea cause we then we can save our snack credits instead of using them on breakfast.
Thanks for the info.

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Thanks for the link with the info. I've actually been wanted to stay in the Cabanas for a while now. We were in the Casitas last time. So I guess this is a good way to secure a spot there. Plus my mom will love the coffee option and not having to hike a mile to go get some!
I'm excited to see it. I was just hoping it was worth the extra.

wdwstateofmind

I mean, as long as you take advantage of club level it's worth it...However, if you have a free dining plan I don't see it as much of a necessity...the club level is nice at a lot of resorts because of the view that comes with it, but we all know coronado overlooks pretty much nothing...

Just drink plenty of wine and stuff like that and take advantage of the fact that they'll put whatever you want in your room for when you come back later (if you know you'll be back after 10 when they all go off shift)...

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
I mean, as long as you take advantage of club level it's worth it...However, if you have a free dining plan I don't see it as much of a necessity...the club level is nice at a lot of resorts because of the view that comes with it, but we all know coronado overlooks pretty much nothing...

Just drink plenty of wine and stuff like that and take advantage of the fact that they'll put whatever you want in your room for when you come back later (if you know you'll be back after 10 when they all go off shift)...

I like the way you think! I will definitely take advantage of the wine!
Yeah the free dining thing was kind of why I was second guessing it, although not sure I have a choice because it was the only option left at CS w/ free dining. Not sure the price difference of just booking a reg room and paying for the dining plan.

emcclay

False, stay on the fourth floor of Casitas and you have a great view!

Buzz2001

The location alone is worth it for me but I agree with you on breakfast. We were on the dining plan and ate breakfast thee in the morning and have drinks there in the evening. Its only like 25 extra a night.

Cabana 9b only has lake views. Very nice. That's were all the club level rooms are located.

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
The location alone is worth it for me but I agree with you on breakfast. We were on the dining plan and ate breakfast thee in the morning and have drinks there in the evening. Its only like 25 extra a night.

Cabana 9b only has lake views. Very nice. That's were all the club level rooms are located.

Yes I remember last time we were there thinking how nice it would be to stay in the Cabanas although we got lucky in the Ranchod being right next to the bus stop and right across from the main pool entrance but that was totally chance. I think I said I stayed in Casitas up there somewhere but I meant Ranchos.
It is great to be guaranteed the Cabanas. Loved the beaches and hammocks!
My mom is an earlier riser so I can see here loving sitting out with coffee and waiting for me. ;)

lsk

I just got back and stayed in the Cabanas with the lounge. The lounge was awesome for the price. Breakfast in the morning with juice, coffee, a cappuccino machine, fruit, pastry, bagels, & cereals. Snacks in the evening included cheese cubes, fruit, veggies, & chips until around 7 when it switched over to pretzels & chocolate covered pretzels with sodas, waters, beer & wine.

They have TV's, some small tables, & some board games. My family played a board game one evening while we were doing laundry and it is one of our favorite memories from the trip. Everyone is so nice and they are happy to give you a to go cup for your wine or sangria if you want to take it back to your room.

I liked not using snack credits for breakfast and not walking the short distance to refill our mugs. We didn't have to because the lounge was so close!

It does have strange hours - 7-10 and 5-10 so that mid day span would force you to take your mugs to the pool or El Centro but both options are close to the Cabanas.

I'd say you lucked out! BUT - El Centro bus stop is the last stop to pick up for the parks. So, it might be worth an extra walk in the morning to a bus stop that picks up earlier. Especially if you are going to an EMH park.

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
I just got back and stayed in the Cabanas with the lounge. The lounge was awesome for the price. Breakfast in the morning with juice, coffee, a cappuccino machine, fruit, pastry, bagels, & cereals. Snacks in the evening included cheese cubes, fruit, veggies, & chips until around 7 when it switched over to pretzels & chocolate covered pretzels with sodas, waters, beer & wine.

They have TV's, some small tables, & some board games. My family played a board game one evening while we were doing laundry and it is one of our favorite memories from the trip. Everyone is so nice and they are happy to give you a to go cup for your wine or sangria if you want to take it back to your room.

I liked not using snack credits for breakfast and not walking the short distance to refill our mugs. We didn't have to because the lounge was so close!

It does have strange hours - 7-10 and 5-10 so that mid day span would force you to take your mugs to the pool or El Centro but both options are close to the Cabanas.

I'd say you lucked out! BUT - El Centro bus stop is the last stop to pick up for the parks. So, it might be worth an extra walk in the morning to a bus stop that picks up earlier. Especially if you are going to an EMH park.

Love the review! I'm getting excited!!!
Is the wine and beer included? I read on another site someone linked on here that it's an additional fee.
Thanks for the tip about the bus stop.

Do you know if there is any difference in the room itself?

erstwo

We were in a Business Class Room at Coronado last weekend and we really enjoyed it. Having stayed at both CBR and CS (and now CS Business Class) I have to say that the business class is well worth the extra money. As a family of 4, we spend an average of $8 per person on breakfast. That one meal alone more than covers the extra cost. Plus being able to eat it in a calm relaxed little 'lounge' vs. the CBR food court or waiting to be seated at Pepper Market.

When it rained buckets, we were able to come back and hang out in Coconino Lounge and play a game or watch TV rather than having the kids stuck in the one hotel room. It was really nice! It's like a saying a friend of mine has, "It's a nickel more, but a dime better." :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom