Coronado or Caribbean Beach?

Hi all planning an upcoming trip. My in-laws who are elderly will be coming along. They will most likely be staying at Coronado or Caribbean Beach. Can everyone give me pros and cons for each? Also looking for suggestions on rooms that are closest to food court and buses but not be considered a preferred room.

MiamiMatt01

I found the biggest difference to be the overall size of the resorts. Although both are very large, and I can assume challenging to get around for elderly guests, Coronado is the smaller of the two. Caribbean beach has 8 bus stops, which can be frustrating at the end of a long day. Coronado has a much more manageable 4 stops.

Upvote 0

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Hi all planning an upcoming trip. My in-laws who are elderly will be coming along. They will most likely be staying at Coronado or Caribbean Beach. Can everyone give me pros and cons for each? Also looking for suggestions on rooms that are closest to food court and buses but not be considered a preferred room.

I just stayed at Caribbean Beach at the beginning of this month and though it was great. We stayed in the Jamaica buildings. I wouldn't say it was that close to the food court but it was easy to get to (a straight shot over the island and to old port royale). The best thing though was that I was in one of the newly renovated rooms, which was great. I really liked the new design. The trick I guess would be trying to make sure you get a renovated room. The bus stop was decent and did not really have any complaints. Most of the time, we were the first stop at the end of the day, which was nice.

I guess the con for your family is that because it is large, it could be a challenge for your in-laws depending on where you are heading.

Upvote 0

kels650

Coronado is very quiet, not as many little kids as Caribbean Beach, the down-side is it can get busy if there is a convention. I also think the food was slightly more expensive than other food courts, but it was good food. Caribbean Beach I think is great for kids, good theme, if they are old enough to explore without an adult the resort is plenty big enough for that, and there are no conventions there. My preference for traveling without children is Coronado. Both resorts are large and may require a lot of walking to/from food and buses.

Upvote 0
Hard decision here; not a big fan of either. Caribbean is so big and spaced out. Coronado is much smaller and better organized BUT there is no longer a food court there. They changed it into a buffet and now force you to pick from a very limited breakfast selection each morning. I switched moderate resorts to Port Orleans- Riverside and LOVE it.

Upvote 0

75disney

Hard decision here; not a big fan of either. Caribbean is so big and spaced out. Coronado is much smaller and better organized BUT there is no longer a food court there. They changed it into a buffet and now force you to pick from a very limited breakfast selection each morning. I switched moderate resorts to Port Orleans- Riverside and LOVE it.
When did they switch to a buffet with no food court? We stayed there last November and it was a food court and no buffet.

Back on topic, I recommend Coronado over Caribbean. CSR is truly a beautiful resort. We rarely saw many people even in the food court and we were there over Thanksgiving. If you book a preferred room then your in laws will be close to the main building and the food court. Both resorts do have an internal resort bus to also take people around the resort.

Upvote 0

erstwo

Coranado! And get a business class room! The rooms are closest to the lobby/ food court/ bus stops AND you get a 'lounge' with a continental breakfast (free! - included in room rate) and a nice cocktail hour (once again included in room rate.)

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

Us, too. We stayed at CSR once at a "close" room in the Casitas. It was NOT close at all, but closest to the food court, etc. We were worn out just getting to our room each day, and we were not seniors at that time. The food court was confusing and not very good at all at that time. I think a buffett will be an improvement over what they did have. We switched to POR and LOve it too. Won't ever change. We were supposed to stay at CBR, but got switched to POR at the last minute, for this November. So don't know about CBR. Good Luck, but if you have a choice not between those two, why not try POFQ or POR????

Upvote 0

DManRightHere

Coronado, best bus service we've ever had. But if cheap quick service is important, I wouldn't stay here. It took forever to get a freakin waffle and it's rather a confusing setup.

If they want super simple bus and quick service, art of animation has a great setup. We didn't stay there, but we went for dinner one night to see it.

EDIT- Port Orleans is great too!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom