Coranavirus Disneyland General Discussion

SoCalDisneyLover

In the latest in head-scratching news, one in five Americans believes the COVID-19 vaccine contains a microchip, a recent Economist/YouGov poll reveals.

When respondents were asked how likely they thought it to be true that "the U.S. government is using [the vaccine] to microchip the population," 20 percent of U.S. adults said they thought it "definitely/probably true" and 14 percent weren't sure. 66 percent denied such a claim as "definitely/probably false." Notably, when broken down by vaccination status, 51 percent of "vaccine rejectors" believed the microchip theory, as opposed to just 9 percent of those who are fully vaccinated.

On a more broad level, 85 percent of those who don't want to get vaccinated believed the "threat of the coronavirus was exaggerated for political reasons."

The Economist and YouGov surveyed 1,500 people between July 10-13, 2021. Results have a margin of error of approximately 3 percent. See more results at YouGov.

Californian Elitist

In the latest in head-scratching news, one in five Americans believes the COVID-19 vaccine contains a microchip, a recent Economist/YouGov poll reveals.

When respondents were asked how likely they thought it to be true that "the U.S. government is using [the vaccine] to microchip the population," 20 percent of U.S. adults said they thought it "definitely/probably true" and 14 percent weren't sure. 66 percent denied such a claim as "definitely/probably false." Notably, when broken down by vaccination status, 51 percent of "vaccine rejectors" believed the microchip theory, as opposed to just 9 percent of those who are fully vaccinated.

On a more broad level, 85 percent of those who don't want to get vaccinated believed the "threat of the coronavirus was exaggerated for political reasons."

The Economist and YouGov surveyed 1,500 people between July 10-13, 2021. Results have a margin of error of approximately 3 percent. See more results at YouGov.

The dummies that believe the vaccine contains some sort of chip/tracking device and therefore refuse to get vaccinated don’t realize that the government doesn’t need to put chips in vaccines to be able to find/spy on us.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Ironically for the people that believe this bunk this (mis)information was brought to you by social media via your GPS-enabled tracking device (also known as a smart phone).

SoCalDisneyLover

The dummies that believe the vaccine contains some sort of chip/tracking device and therefore refuse to get vaccinated don’t realize that the government doesn’t need to put chips in vaccines to be able to find/spy on us.
The Government is incompetent and they don't know what they're doing. They can't even make up their minds on whether to require masks or not.

But they're also capable of developing this incredible technology that inserts a microscopic chip via a liquid vaccine designed to protect you from a highly contagious and deadly virus, and that chip will then remain in a person's bloodstream for an extended period of time. So someone in D.C. will sit behind a computer, and monitor every move of Joe Moron from Podunk, Idaho.

Californian Elitist

The Government is incompetent and they don't know what they're doing. They can't even make up their minds on whether to require masks or not.

But they're also capable of developing this incredible technology that inserts a microscopic chip via a liquid vaccine designed to protect you from a highly contagious and deadly virus, and that chip will then remain in a person's bloodstream for an extended period of time. So someone in D.C. will sit behind a computer, and monitor every move of Joe Moron from Podunk, Idaho.
Make it make sense.

Anjin

According to Wikipedia, 81.6% of the US population is using a smartphone. I guess if Google or Apple is tracking your every movement, it's okay.

cmwade77

That's not really an excuse to violate public health orders. It's just not that hard to wear a mask. Resistance to wearing one, is certainly coming from a place of fear.
Says you, for many of us, they make it almost i.possible to breathe. Honestly, if somewhere requires masks, I leave. Public health orders that are going against the CDC recommendations and the science deserve to be ignored.

Californian Elitist

According to Wikipedia, 81.6% of the US population is using a smartphone. I guess if Google or Apple is tracking your every movement, it's okay.
Exactly. They know where we are, and for those without cell phones, they can still track and find them.

My grandpa is always trying to be secretive over the phone because he doesn’t want the government listening. I always have to remind him that they’re probably already listening and there’s nothing we regular civilians can do to stop that. Speaking in code is pointless.

October82

Exactly. They know where we are, and for those without cell phones, they can still track and find them.

My grandpa is always trying to be secretive over the phone because he doesn’t want the government listening. I always have to remind him that they’re probably already listening and there’s nothing we regular civilians can do to stop that. Speaking in code is pointless.

Actually, we have a pretty good idea of what kind of information the government can and can not collect. Governments really aren't spying on you and it would be a massive waste of resources for them to bother.

The real privacy problems that people have is they choose to give up a lot more information about themselves than they intend to. If you share information with a third party that information is no longer private, even if most people wouldn't think of their phone company, for instance, as a "third party". Beyond that, most "spying" is really social engineering, where people straight up ask you to disclose information about yourself. I'm guessing most people who regularly post here are uniquely identifiable just based on our commenting histories.

Californian Elitist

Actually, we have a pretty good idea of what kind of information the government can and can not collect. Governments really aren't spying on you and it would be a massive waste of resources for them to bother.

The real privacy problems that people have is they choose to give up a lot more information about themselves than they intend to. If you share information with a third party that information is no longer private, even if most people wouldn't think of their phone company, for instance, as a "third party". Beyond that, most "spying" is really social engineering, where people straight up ask you to disclose information about yourself. I'm guessing most people who regularly post here are uniquely identifiable just based on our commenting histories.
Right, I meant that if the government wanted to spy on us, they could. My grandpa seems to believe that he can somehow bypass that and hoodwink the government. I love him, but no.

cmwade77

Not to mention that what him, you and I talk about would honestly bore the government officials to death. They have no real interest in our day to day lives, unless we are doing something they really.dont like.

Californian Elitist

Not to mention that what him, you and I talk about would honestly bore the government officials to death. They have no real interest in our day to day lives, unless we are doing something they really.dont like.
Precisely. They don’t care that we’ve gone to the Amish part of Pennsylvania to buy desserts (something my grandpa does). But I’ve noticed a lot of the elderly people I’ve come in contact with are kind of paranoid and suspicious like that. My grandma was superstitious. Not sure if age has anything to do with that.

smooch

I was gonna say exactly this. What do these people think, the government has some hidden base with a 1:1 ratio of government agents to US population that track and monitor everything they do? If you're that worried about them tracking you you're either hiding something truly awful that you're doing or you think you're the main character in the story of the US Government and highly inflate your sense of importance within the grand scheme of things. I'm sorry to say it but 99.999% of these people who think the vaccine is tracking them magically from their blood are just plain unimportant to the government, that is unless they happened to storm a certain government building or are engaging in genuinely dangerous behavior, in which case they should worry about the government tracking them down.

I am at the point where I accept that the government can pretty much access anything I have on a phone / computer and can monitor what I do and say, I know I don't do anything I would be scared of them knowing but I am more aware of the fact that I am not important enough to the government to warrant microchipping and tracking my every move. I see people post the microchip conspiracy on Twitter and when anyone replies saying they can track them from their smartphone they never have an answer for it and usually don't even reply, maybe because they're having a sudden realization that they're already trackable and would have to live off the grid but then they wouldn't have social media and the internet to entertain themselves while they hunker down out in the woods in a cabin away from society.

Parteecia

Says you, for many of us, they make it almost i.possible to breathe.
Have you tested this with an O2 sensor? If yes, maybe try a different type of mask?

My theory is that because we're not used to masks, they become the focus of our attention and thus feel very restrictive, like when I would have to put on shoes after a summer of bare feet. I find that if I am doing something that distracts me I don't notice the mask anymore.

If I start thinking too much about my underwear it might suddenly begin feeling too restrictive too.

CaptinEO

Original Poster
Have you tested this with an O2 sensor?

My theory is that because we're not used to masks, they become the focus of our attention and thus feel very restrictive, like when I would have to put on shoes after a summer of bare feet. I find that if I am doing something that distracts me I don't notice the mask anymore.

If I start thinking too much about my underwear it might suddenly begin feeling too restrictive too.
Yes its all in their head, masks actually dont make any difference in breathing 🙄

It's important to tolerate the fact that not everyone is the same. While you may be OK with a mask, for some folks they become lightheaded after an extended period of time.

Parteecia

Yes its all in their head, masks actually dont make any difference in breathing 🙄

It's important to tolerate the fact that not everyone is the same. While you may be OK with a mask, for some folks they become lightheaded after an extended period of time.
That's why I suggested getting empirical evidence with an O2 sensor or trying different types.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom