Coral Reef Restaurant Opinions

danyoung56

I have a hard time with people over the years painting a picture of dozens of rugrats climbing through my appetizer to get to the windows. It just doesn't happen.

Hockey89

I have a hard time with people over the years painting a picture of dozens of rugrats climbing through my appetizer to get to the windows. It just doesn't happen.
Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't exist....Happened at Cal Grill last two times... Sorry, with the hard time, but it happens...

danyoung56

Sorry, I should clarify for my cranky friend Hockey89. Sure, anything that can happen does happen. But the Coral Reef isn't a location where EVERY TIME you are overrun by snot-nosed kids trying to get closer to the fishies. Maybe it's happened to others - I've enjoyed eating there twice a year for over 20 years, and have never experienced it.

Sorry, I should clarify for my cranky friend Hockey89. Sure, anything that can happen does happen. But the Coral Reef isn't a location where EVERY TIME you are overrun by snot-nosed kids trying to get closer to the fishies. Maybe it's happened to others - I've enjoyed eating there twice a year for over 20 years, and have never experienced it.

After reading most of the comments on here I wouldn't go. I am sorry but in the end of the day I don't trust that most parents are going to be considerate of other guests in a restaurant. Rather than cause an issue I just won't go, there are plenty of other great restaurant at WDW to visit and enjoy.

John park hopper

Original Poster
My concern with the Coral Reef is not kids. If I am paying $10-14 for an appetizer, $25-40 for main meal, desert ~$10 and $10 for a drink I want to go to place that has constantly good food and service. Coral Reef seems to be all over the place. You are in the park bound to have kids

Janir

Last time was 2013 spring. Food was ok. Nothing to write home about. Service was nice. Our Celebrating pins got us some free desserts and our service was good. Our server had a stash of some older style Just Married Wedding buttons to round out our button collection as my wife (to be at the time) and I liked the older style carriage buttons they had that were wedding specific vs the newer shared wedding/anniversary style they now have. Our server went out of her way to make sure we had a good time and to engage us with a button discussion.

Overall It's cool to go see once and have dinner while dining with the fishes. Would go back again sometime, but not anytime soon.

Gomer

Coral Reef is not my personal favorite, but my kids love it so I go more often than I'd like. Here's what I've found makes for a consistent experience.

Early lunch reservation (11-11:30 am) usually alleviates any service problems as the restaurant is mostly empty for the majority of your meal. You'll usually have your food before half the tables have been seated. This also alleviates many of the problems some might have with the kids coming up to the glass. Wouldn't bother me personally, but there are enough empty spots that it probably wouldn't be an issue.

I've messed around with other dishes and they are always hit and miss as most people say, but the Mahi Mahi has been consistently above average every time I have gotten it. So, its my go to every time now. Similarly the Chocolate Wave for desert has never disappointed (although the level of molten-ness of the center does vary if that's important for your enjoyment).

Should you have to work this hard to get a consistent meal? Probably not. But if you are interested in sitting in the aquarium atmosphere, its a way to do it to minimize possible disappointment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom