Coral Reef, Garden Grill and Rose and Crown. And Hoop-Dee-Doo.

Exomonia

Original Poster
Hello, we are looking to book all four of the mentioned restaurants in December. However, the three Epcot restaurants will not allow bookings- seemingly because of the Candlelight Processional Dining packages. And the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue is only booking to November 12, despite it should be booking into December. This one seems like an error in the system. This thread has two purposes- the first being for my own interest. Does anybody know any more details on this problem? Secondly, and I'm sure this will help a few people- as soon as anyone notices an opening in reservations for any of these restaurants... Well, here's your thread- keep it updated!
Thanks everyone!

WDWmazprty

Yeah, I called yesterday to to book reservations for someone for Coral Reef and the CM said that the Candleight Processional was holding up a lot of tables, and to keep checking back to see when the other tables would be released.

ezralou

I got the same story this morning- I was told in mid-July the Candlelight packages would be booking and to check back then. We are hoping for Garden Grille and Via Napoli. If any of us find out when these tables open, let's post it!

lisa2465

I was also trying to make ADR for the Hoop-de-doo and was surprised when they said the dec schedule was not posted. This was a first for me!

RobnRachal

We also tried HDDR for December and were told that it would not be available till around June 28th. When we couldn't book Garden Grill we were also informed that they had only released a limited number of tables until Candlelight Processional packages were done. Even the website says that CP packages wouldn't be available to July.
I just keep trying. . .I'm VERY persistent :lookaroun Everything else is booked these are the only two things we're waiting on. Fingers crossed that we all get what we're looking for when the time comes :sohappy:

ArtieJim

I hope we're able to make our ADRs this should really only affect two of my dates that we're trying for but still, although we can't book until June 28, we were really hoping to have everything booked and finished that day.

Lexi

I'm assuming everyone here was trying to book these restaurants for dinner time..will I experience the same problems if I want to book an Epcot restaurant during lunch?

Exomonia

Original Poster
I'm assuming everyone here was trying to book these restaurants for dinner time..will I experience the same problems if I want to book an Epcot restaurant during lunch?

Thanks everyone- and in relation to this, Garden Grill and Hoop-Dee-Doo (obviously) were two I was trying to book for dinner... but both Coral Reef and Rose and Crown I attempted to book for lunch and STILL had the same problem!!

ob1thx1138

Just a friendly suggestion, we did not care for Coral Reef at all. The menu was not very exciting and unless you ask for a front row seat and wait for it, the view is not that great. Now having said that let me say this. We are aquarium nuts. We have 5 in our house including a reef tank and we visit aquariums wherever we travel, that was the major appeal for this restaurant, and we all walked away with a sort of ho hum experience.

Exomonia

Original Poster
Just a friendly suggestion, we did not care for Coral Reef at all. The menu was not very exciting and unless you ask for a front row seat and wait for it, the view is not that great. Now having said that let me say this. We are aquarium nuts. We have 5 in our house including a reef tank and we visit aquariums wherever we travel, that was the major appeal for this restaurant, and we all walked away with a sort of ho hum experience.

Thanks for that information- I find it interesting, because I admit I have seen many poor reviews of Coral Reef, but have never felt it has been THAT bad! Last time we went was December 2009- has it changed since then? Maybe we just got lucky that time :) but I am reconsidering it still- although we don't have any aquarium restaurants like that in Australia!

ob1thx1138

Don't get me wrong, the food wasn't "BAD". It just wasn't up to the same quality as what we had the rest of our trip. If I were you, just check out the menu and if you see some things you like then go for it, it is just one meal. and who knows maybe we were just there on a bad day. I would also suggest arriving early and requesting a front row seat.

CheshireKat

Over on the disboards someone said a CM said they would start booking HDDR on June 27. I gave up a few weeks ago when I had to go through all the questions only to be told after 5 minutes that "they weren't loaded in the system."

Lexi

... Well, here's your thread- keep it updated!
Thanks everyone!

Just booked our reservations for our upcoming trip (12/25/2011 - 1/3/2011) and we were able to get all the restaurants we wanted and on the exact days we wanted..the only restaurant of your 4 that we booked was Coral Reef on 12/26 for dinner..but we also managed Le Cellier for lunch and Tony's on Christmas Day..so I'm pretty sure they opened up some of those openings they were holding for the candlelight procession..Hope this helps :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom