Copper Creek @ Wilderness Lodge

slappy magoo

Didn't think it did, hence the need for a transfer, but wasn't sure if they did it occasionally. Like I still don't really see the need for the boats from WL to Contemporary, but what do I know?
Actually it's a good mini-hub for all of the MK resorts. Staying at GF but have Hoop-de-Do reservations? Monorail to Contemporary and catch the boat. Staying at FW and have reservations at 1900 Park Fare? Boat to Contemporary and monorail over to GF. Or even if you just feel like resort hopping, check out shops or whatever, that mini-hub is a great way to get around without dealing with the crowds at the MK, which is probably also beneficial in keeping the crowds down at MK if only a tiny bit. Plus having the transportation be strictly boat and monorail enhances that "magical" sensation that really makes you feel like you're some place special,

Seeshark

Just did a one-nighter in a Copper Creek one-bedroom villa. Nice to be in a room where everything is new, though it felt like they took two rooms and it into one big one, which I guess is exactly what they did. Massive amounts of shelving space. Certainly more than I would ever need. All the furniture made the room feel a little cramped. Could have used a sitting chair in the bedroom. My daughter stayed on the couch pullout and didn't have any issues. I sat down on it - thought it felt comfy though obviously not as nice as the bed. Overhead "rainfall" shower different...

I stayed in a Boulder Creek villa the previous year. I liked the open layout and decor better in Boulder Creek, although the furniture seemed a little worn down, particularly the pullout. Boulder Creek bigger as well.

The new villa was in the main lodge while Boulder Creek was in the neighboring building. I liked being in the main lodge although the other building is pretty neat too. New pool is ehh- nothing special. Geyser Point a pretty nice place to get a bite, although I preferred Roaring Fork. And Whispering Canyon always a lot of fun. We enjoyed Hoop De Doo next door at the campground as well.

Love taking the boat to MK as well. It comes often and in my experience has been a fairly short wait when leaving MK after fireworks.

IMG_5163.JPG
IMG_5164.JPG
IMG_5165.JPG
IMG_5166.JPG
IMG_5168.JPG
IMG_5171.JPG
IMG_5172.JPG
IMG_5167.JPG
IMG_5158.JPG

We are back from the Wilderness Lodge and have tons of pictures, news, updates, and videos on our Facebook page - Humphrey's Unofficial Wilderness Lodge Pages. Check it out!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
@Seeshark, how was the bathtub in your villa? It's a bubble jet, like the ones in the GF villas, correct? We'll be there next weekend and my daughter's excited about the tub.

Agree, they are smaller than the villas at Boulder Ridge. And I'm gping to miss that closet in the entry way.

Seeshark

Bathtub was very nice in the villa, and my 7-yr-old loved it. I haven't stayed in the GF, so I don't have a reference point. I recall after you got out and the tub drained it made a funny noise, maybe like a jet fan to get any excess water out. I forget why it made the noise now, but I remember it startling me the first time it happened...

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Bathtub was very nice in the villa, and my 7-yr-old loved it. I haven't stayed in the GF, so I don't have a reference point. I recall after you got out and the tub drained it made a funny noise, maybe like a jet fan to get any excess water out. I forget why it made the noise now, but I remember it startling me the first time it happened...

Yes, it's a self cleaning of the jets - the tubs at VGF do the same. I heard the noise, leaned over to see if something was wrong, and got a face full of fine mist.

Seeshark

I wouldn't want to sleep on a sofa bed either...that's where the kid goes. She's so worn out by the end of the day I think she could sleep in the bathtub anyway. I did though bring a cheapo bed mat with us on one of our last longer visits for the pullouts and basically just left it there when we left. (Ran out of room in the suitcases after a week of accumulating Disney stuff.) The pullout in Boulder Ridge was definitely dated. I've also requested an extra set of bedding before and used it on top of what was there to create more cushion...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom