Copper Creek @ Wilderness Lodge

Alyssacuse

Original Poster
Just updated the reservation for our September trip from Wilderness Lodge to the Copper Creek Viillas Deluxe Studio - I know these just opened up, but would love to hear some details/reviews as people start to stay in them! Anybody else have CC booked for their 2017 trip?

freesvoice

Staying in a two bedroom villa in February so I'm also curious! Haven't seen any reviews online yet but then again it's only been open 24 hours. Hope review and pics start to come out soon.

MissViv

Thinking about upgrading from POFQ to Copper Creek Deluxe Studio with Walk-in Shower. Anyone have pictures of this room? We are 2 female adults so one would have a queen and the other the sofa bed. Thoughts?

Are there 2 bathrooms (half bath) or just one?

Last edited:

MissViv

Anyone slept on a sofa bed? Just wondering if they would be uncomfortable. We would have to pay $500 to upgrade from POFQ for four nights but we could use the boats to go to MK and Epcot and only use the bus for the other two parks.

dreamfinder

Anyone slept on a sofa bed? Just wondering if they would be uncomfortable. We would have to pay $500 to upgrade from POFQ for four nights but we could use the boats to go to MK and Epcot and only use the bus for the other two parks.

Just to clarify, you can't use the boat to get to Epcot. At least not all the way. You would need to take a boat (and most likely transfer to ferry or monorail) to the TTC, and then take the monorail from the TTC to Epcot. So not the bus, but also not as easy as hopping on a boat to MK.

slappy magoo

Just to clarify, you can't use the boat to get to Epcot. At least not all the way. You would need to take a boat (and most likely transfer to ferry or monorail) to the TTC, and then take the monorail from the TTC to Epcot. So not the bus, but also not as easy as hopping on a boat to MK.

Right. There are resorts closer to Epcot that have boat access to both Epcot Hollywood Studios (Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin). Wilderness Lodge does not have waterway access to Epcot. In fact I'm not even sure it has boat access to the Ticket & Transportation Center (which is where one could take the monorail to Epcot in case the OP is unaware). The OP would have to boat over to either MK or the Contemporary, monorail over to TTC and then switch to the Epcot monorail.

However, there are of course buses from WL to Epcot. Not as much fun as a boat, but it gets you there.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thinking about upgrading from POFQ to Copper Creek Deluxe Studio with Walk-in Shower. Anyone have pictures of this room? We are 2 female adults so one would have a queen and the other the sofa bed. Thoughts?

Are there 2 bathrooms (half bath) or just one?

Just one. And the studio bathrooms have a choice between a shower and a tub/shower combo. The bathroom is very spacious. Weird dresser, though, with different sizes drawers.

I've slept on the pullout at several DVD resorts. They're not too uncomfortable, just hard to climb out of. The sofa table has a lift up top, which is useful as another table, especially if you like to eat while watching TV.

dreamfinder

In fact I'm not even sure it has boat access to the Ticket & Transportation Center (which is where one could take the monorail to Epcot in case the OP is unaware). The OP would have to boat over to either MK or the Contemporary, monorail over to TTC and then switch to the Epcot monorail.

Didn't think it did, hence the need for a transfer, but wasn't sure if they did it occasionally. Like I still don't really see the need for the boats from WL to Contemporary, but what do I know?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Didn't think it did, hence the need for a transfer, but wasn't sure if they did it occasionally. Like I still don't really see the need for the boats from WL to Contemporary, but what do I know?

Boats from WL/Ft. Wilderness go between the two resorts and to the MK. I understand a boat stops at the Contemporary, but I've never been on one that has.

nickys

Premium Member
Boats from WL/Ft. Wilderness go between the two resorts and to the MK. I understand a boat stops at the Contemporary, but I've never been on one that has.

There's one boat that loops round Bay Lake between the 3 resorts - FW, WL and Contemporary.

And there's another that goes from FW and WL to MK.

LAKid53

Premium Member
There's one boat that loops round Bay Lake between the 3 resorts - FW, WL and Contemporary.

And there's another that goes from FW and WL to MK.

The boat I take from WL to MK hasn't stopped at Ft. Wilderness. So either the Ft. Wilderness to MK boat makes a stop at the Comtemporary or it's the WL/Ft. Wilderness boat that does.

nickys

Premium Member
The boat I take from WL to MK hasn't stopped at Ft. Wilderness. So either the Ft. Wilderness to MK boat makes a stop at the Comtemporary or it's the WL/Ft. Wilderness boat that does.

There's definitely no boat from Contemp to MK. So just WL to MK then. Does FW have it's own boat to MK I wonder.

And the loop,around Bay Lake is the one I love. It's the route that we use each time to go to HDDR. It can vary as to which way the loop goes, and at busy times they have 2 boats circling in opposite directions. It runs all day and it's a lovely way to chill and spend a little time before jumping off (not literally) for a bit of resort hopping. I took it from Contemp to WL to FW to Contemp to WL and then explored WL decorated for Christmas.

Tinkerbell397

I love that a boat connects the WL to the other MK deluxe resorts. We stayed there a few years ago and appreciated the boat to connect to The CR for monorail access to all the other monorail resorts and restaurants and the MK. The actually have different color flags. :cat:

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
There's definitely no boat from Contemp to MK. So just WL to MK then. Does FW have it's own boat to MK I wonder.

And the loop,around Bay Lake is the one I love. It's the route that we use each time to go to HDDR. It can vary as to which way the loop goes, and at busy times they have 2 boats circling in opposite directions. It runs all day and it's a lovely way to chill and spend a little time before jumping off (not literally) for a bit of resort hopping. I took it from Contemp to WL to FW to Contemp to WL and then explored WL decorated for Christmas.

The boat from WL to MK makes no stop at the Contemporary. I believe Ft. Wilderness does have its own boat to MK, as I've seen it pass while waiting at the WL boat dock. Not sure if it stopped at the Contemporary on the way from the MK. But it definitely doesn't stop at WL.

Tinkerbell397

When you come down the boat ramp, there's one boat on the right dock that loops around Bay Lake between - WL, FW and Contemporary.

There's another boat on the right side of the boat dock that goes from WL and FW to MK. They actually have different color flags on the bow. :cat:

Last edited:

ABQ

disney-wilderness-lodge-boat-dock.jpg

There are two blue flag launches running at most times, one clockwise around Discovery Island and the other counter (anti) clockwise.
IMG_8739-001.jpg

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
These pictures taken today 7/26/17

IMG_9398.JPG

IMG_9399.JPG

We are going to the Contemporary. Boat went to Ft. Wilderness first even though no one on the boat was going there. The captain said he had to as that was protocol. No one got on the boat at Ft. Wilderness.

I believe when we leave Contemporary the boat will go to WL first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom