CoP

bluesnut

Original Poster
Is CoP still seasonal? I have been trying to find something on the net about it but nothing recent. We are planning a Christmas time trip and was hoping it would be open.

TTATraveler

Is CoP still seasonal? I have been trying to find something on the net about it but nothing recent. We are planning a Christmas time trip and was hoping it would be open.

COP is not seasonal, it is open every day and I believe runs from park open to close.

bluesnut

Original Poster
Oh GREAT!!! :sohappy: Last I was hearing it wasn't. But I haven't been lurking around here in quite some time. Life sometimes has a way of dumping on you and it takes a while to dig back out.

MojoMax

Yup it is open now as well. I rode it last weekend. Still love the idea of that attraction. Wish more love was there for it.

Champion

I wish they would give this attraction the attention it deserves. Better ride it now before it's too late.

It will be around for a while, at least until another attraction opens to eat up some of the crowds. With WDW basically always busy, you need high OHRC count attractions to be able to have more people in the park.

Missing20K

This was always one of my sister's and I's favorite ride back in the day....like 15 years ago......I'm excited to ride it again and see what everyone is talking about how it's dated and whatnot......if it's true, hopefully they give it the attention it deserves. I'm not for the parks becoming museums, but one of the things that sets Disney apart from the other amusement parks are the dark rides and attractions that aren't built on thrills, but a sense of history, nostalgia, place and space, and of course movies.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
What happened to them replacing it with an Incredibles ride? Or was that just a rumor that had been debunked?

PhilharMagician

Yes, COP is open daily from about 11:00 AM till closing and is not open typically during EMH. You may find earlier hours and EMH for COP during Christmas week when crowds peak. See it a few times for me.

PhilharMagician

Oh... but they will... They really will... :D

Yeah, but I don't think he meant the wrecking ball. :hammer:

It is really a huge crowd eater. To bad it was never kept up to date. I really like the show and would miss it, but I at least hope a new show can be developed and they reuse the existing rotating theater. It is a great place to hide during the rain or when you are looking for 20 minutes in A/C to cool off from the Florida heat.

Tim G

Yeah, but I don't think he meant the wrecking ball. :hammer:

It is really a huge crowd eater. To bad it was never kept up to date. I really like the show and would miss it, but I at least hope a new show can be developed and they reuse the existing rotating theater. It is a great place to hide during the rain or when you are looking for 20 minutes in A/C to cool off from the Florida heat.
:D You forgot the sledge hammer :xmas:

bluesnut

Original Poster
I knew this was the place to find out if CoP was still open. You guys are the best. Up to the minute live info.

I too hope that it will stay. The old Disney rides that everyone could ride are going the way of the dinosaurs. I understand change (don't like it but understand it) and understand the need to put in what draws the crowds. But I still say everyone forgets that Walt wanted a park that everyone could enjoy things together. And it came from going to little amusement parks and not liking sitting on a bench while his daughters ran around. He wanted a park where the family would have fun "TOGETHER". I know this is a little old fashion thinking but Family togetherness is something we need more of these days. Just MHO.

I know most people say its outdated and doesnt draw the crowds but I still think its interesting. My girlfriend went on it for the first time in November and thought it was great and interesting. Im sure many people feel the same way.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom