CoP and Timekeeper may be open while AE is down!

mickey04

Original Poster
I was just reading on mouseplanet that its possible that CoP and TK may be open during the AE Stitch makeover. Not confirmed, but here's hoping. I know that would make me happy as I'll be there in February, and haven't seen it in 2 years.

P.S. Sorry if this has been posted before, bit i didn't see it. ;)

Maerj

That would be fantastic! I've been to WDW several times and have never seen either of these attractions. Although not everyone is pleased about the AE shutdown, at least more of us will finally be able to see Timekeeper and COP. Woohoo! :sohappy:

mickey04

Original Poster
Originally posted by Maerj
That would be fantastic! I've been to WDW several times and have never seen either of these attractions. Although not everyone is pleased about the AE shutdown, at least more of us will finally be able to see Timekeeper and COP. Woohoo! :sohappy:
Yup, definately don't miss either of these attractions (especialy CoP- Disney history!) if they're open- they are two of Tomorrowland's best attractions. (I only wish Disney thought so!)

TimeTrip

Someone posted somewhere that the billboard outside Timekeeper was showing the status of Timekeeper. Wouldn't you know it... it does:

pic

dxwwf3

Originally posted by TimeTrip
Someone posted somewhere that the billboard outside Timekeeper was showing the status of Timekeeper. Wouldn't you know it... it does:

pic

Thanks for the pic. Maybe something good will come out of the AE closure after all (even though I personally would trade CoP and Timekeeper for AE, I'll take what I can get :) )

I'd love to see Timekeeper during my Christmas trip. It's my second favorite Tomorrowland attraction (take a wild guess what's number one) and I haven't seen it in a while. And of course CoP is a classic that should ALWAYS be open.

General Grizz

Holy cheesesticks in fruitfly ponds...

What does the Metropolis Science Center say?

Oh boy..I FINALLY can visit the Magic Kingdom whenever I want! :lol:

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

dxwwf3

Originally posted by Testtrack321
Yeah, I know. He won't be this happy again untill they re-build Horizons, WoM, and JII into a new past park...

I don't think he'd be the only one that would be extremely happy. If they made a new past park not only would we get those attractions but I would get my Alien Encounter back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (As you can tell I'm never going to let it go. Sorry guys)

General Grizz

No matter how fun it would be to relive these attractions, no, I don't think this kind of park should be built. Disney's not meant to be a museum, after all.

Trust me. There's plenty Disney can do. :D

dxwwf3

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
No matter how fun it would be to relive these attractions, no, I don't think this kind of park should be built. Disney's not meant to be a museum, after all.

Trust me. There's plenty Disney can do. :D

I know. I was just using alot of wishful thinking :) It would definately be crazy to do something like that (you're right though, it would be alot of fun).

orlpassholder

Greetings all

I can confirm that COP and TimeKeeper will be open while AE is under its Stitch ESCAPE rehab. Also Mickey's Star Traders will be closed during the rehab also.

Badger Brent

How long is the AE rehab to last? This could mean that a lot of people who miss out on the these two rides will get a chance to finally ride them again.

orlpassholder

Originally posted by Badger Brent
How long is the AE rehab to last? This could mean that a lot of people who miss out on the these two rides will get a chance to finally ride them again.

Last I heard Stitch ESCAPE should be open early next year

wannabeBelle

Thanks so much for the confirm OrlPassholder!!!! I appreciate it. I loved Timekeeper so I Am looking foward to seeing it again and as previously stated COP is a classic and should be open all the time!!! Any idea when AE will be making its return / reincarnation? Belle

Maerj

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
Thanks so much for the confirm OrlPassholder!!!! I appreciate it. I loved Timekeeper so I Am looking foward to seeing it again and as previously stated COP is a classic and should be open all the time!!! Any idea when AE will be making its return / reincarnation? Belle

They are saying next fall... why do the WDW updates take so long? Well, it gives us all plenty of time to see the other two attractions then.

goonsquads57

I contacted wdw regarding the possible opening of CoP and TK during the refurb of AE. I got the canned response-"CoP and TK are seasonal attractions and no decission has been made whether to keep them open during the refurb.... thank you for your interest...blah,blah,blah." I took that to mean that the present open/close schedule would probably stay in place-though I hope I'm wrong.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by goonsquads57
I contacted wdw regarding the possible opening of CoP and TK during the refurb of AE. I got the canned response-"CoP and TK are seasonal attractions and no decission has been made whether to keep them open during the refurb.... thank you for your interest...blah,blah,blah." I took that to mean that the present open/close schedule would probably stay in place-though I hope I'm wrong.

Of course when I kept on calling about the fate of Alien Encounter I was assured that AE would not be changed and that was just an old rumor. Guess what I'm getting ready to lose my favorite attraction in a few days. So don't always take what they say to be the truth. But I know what you're saying, it's frustrating when you know Disney just isn't going to give you the answer you know they could. That's just how they operate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom