Cool MK Attraction History Bits

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I just found the problem I used your last name as well and didn't give me anything. Disney history gave me about 400 million other sites and I didn't scroll through them all. Sorry, wipe that worried look off your face, have a nice cup of tea and a crumpet or two and relax. My fault.
Not a problem. I’m chuffed you want to have a look 😊

Monorail_Red_77

the Swan Boats used to travel the moats around the hub and go underneath the castle bridge. The load/unload station was to the left of the main Tomorrowland walkway in the Hub. It was along what used to the the Rose Walk. This was removed of course with the hub redesign circa 2014. Long after the Swan Boats were gone the queue was used as a general seating area. You can still see the track for the swan boats whenever they drain the moat around the castle for maintenance through in most cases the track surface is now flush with the cement on the moat bottom.
I stumbled across some pics I took March 6, 2010 of the old hub in the area of the swan boat queue. They used to have a swan topiary as a throwback to the boats that were there. Also you can see the actual queue covered area still standing at the time. Of course all this was torn out with the enlarged hub and greenspace.

DSCN1634.jpg

DSCN1629.jpg

Monorail_Red_77

I stumbled across some pics I took March 6, 2010 of the old hub in the area of the swan boat queue. They used to have a swan topiary as a throwback to the boats that were there. Also you can see the actual queue covered area still standing at the time. Of course all this was torn out with the enlarged hub and greenspace.

View attachment 518741
View attachment 518742
Just found this scan of an old family pic taken sometime around 1982 likely during the last bits of the tencennial celebration since it ran oct 1, 1981 to oct 1982, Or maybe after the celebration was over. I was around 5 years old here. Here you can see a swan boat passing under Cinderella Castle bridge.
CDE9F388-9F87-42AF-A252-8FAD644BA296.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom