Controversial/ Unpopular theme park opinions

UNCgolf

I don't want any Marvel in the parks. The less Marvel, the better.

I'm very happy about the agreement that keeps most of Marvel out of WDW and hope that it lasts forever (or at least until Disney no longer thinks it would be worth the investment).

Marvel going into Hollywood Studios wouldn't be the absolute worst thing in the world, but I'd much prefer other options. It doesn't belong anywhere near the other parks.

UNCgolf

I think the reverence for old Epcot is extremely overblown. The park had too many similar dark rides and zero thrills at the beginning, and yet it's become dogma among message board like this that old Epcot was Disney's greatest park. Doesn't seem like that's backed up by any objective metric, yet it's accepted as fact.

It's because that's what those people (including me) like. Thrill rides are boring (yes, that sounds like an oxymoron); you can find them in a million places. The elaborate dark rides at EPCOT were unique to Disney.

Letteyeti

Rivers of Light: We Are One is the best Night Time Spectacular Show. I love the show and the music and I don't think it is boring at all.

DisneyTalks

Unpopular Opinion: Galaxy's Edge kind of sucks and needs to be re-themed to the original trilogy.
Goodbye Kylo Ren
This! Why revolve the land on a trilogy that's not as universally iconic or known as the original trilogy. Not only that, but everything Star Wars related now is almost in relation to the original trilogy. The sequel trilogy can't move on without nostalgia, Mandalorian happens RIGHT AFTER Return of the jedi, Solo is based off another original trilogy character, Rogue One is all about plans from a death star from the original trilogy, also springing a new spinoff show on Cassion Andor and etc. A lot of their decisions springs from the original trilogy anyway. They should've centered it around the original trilogy, or don't give it a time frame at all. Have it be a land where all characters from each star wars era appear. That way, everything they do (wether prequel or sequel based) appears. Rather than having the land set inbetween a VERY specific time in between episode 8 and episode 9...

UNCgolf

I think sluggish Epcot attendance after its first year showed the average guest wants more variety than a bunch of omnimover dark rides. But it’s become unquestionable dogma among diehard Disney fans that old Epcot was the best thing ever.

I don't think that's true. There are a lot of Disney fans who absolutely loved EPCOT and so it WAS the best thing ever to them. I'm one of those people; nothing else even comes close to the EPCOT of the early 90s.

But there are also plenty of Disney fans who don't care that much about original EPCOT. I don't think there's anything dogmatic about it -- if anything it comes across more like people who didn't care about EPCOT don't understand why other people loved it so much, and so they don't believe it's sincere.

Kate F

Toy Story Mania is a terrible ride using tremendously outdated technology that wasn't even good when it first opened. It should be bulldozed and replaced with something worthwhile.
I don’t understand why this ride makes so many top 10 lists. I don’t think it’s a bad ride, but it’s really nothing that special. I’ve never even gotten to ride it in DHS because of the wait times, only DCAs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom