Controversial/ Unpopular theme park opinions

bryanfze55

"Can't stand tour groups, cheer groups, any large- loud- rude group"

NOBODY tolerates them. Everyone wants to shut them up. Whenever I see those South American tour groups, I ran as far as I could away from them. When they enter the queue at a ride I'm currently standing in, I always provoke them by looking at them from head to toe and rolling my eyes. I'm petty like that.

You’ve seen them in line for a ride??

I’ve never seen it. I was under the impression that they only come to WDW to chant and couldn’t care less about the rides.

bryanfze55

Unpopular opinion I feel moderately strongly about:
- There's too much emphasis on E-tickets. And not enough calls for a rich assortment of simple dark rides.

Unpopular opinion I feel very strongly about:
- There should be a fee to bring a stroller into the park.

Unpopular opinion so crazy I'm pretty sure I'm unique about it:
- Queues elaborate enough to be called a "preshow" are a waste of the attractions budget and design time. Lands are supposed to be designed to be environmentally-rich, and the best queues are the ones that use that environment as sufficient for the queue. Best examples I can think of are the submarines at Disneyland, which is a simple awning under the monorail beam and is terrific mix of stimulation on all sides. Autopia on one side, monorail above, submarines in the water, crowds through the walkway and the Matterhorn in the distance. It's a super combination of kinetics, fresh air, water, color and people watching. In the old days, when the Sky Buckets were still around, there was even more activity all around. The Casey Jr train in that park is the same idea.

The concept that you have to isolate people in claustrophobic hallways and an endless series of pointless, talky rooms is a trend in a bad direction. I vividly remember being very frustrated at Epcot when Gary Sinise gave the umpteenth safety spiel I'd heard that day.

This is a great analysis, and I’m actually inclined to agree with you. At the same time, I’m not sure this would work everywhere because Disneyland is one of the few parks that has a very special kinetic energy.

I’m with you on the overdone pre-ride videos... except Patrick Warburton. He gets a pass.

NelleBelle

I'm sorry but why do people always leave after Happily Ever After? it's not closing. You can roam around to let all the other guests cram the ferry, monorail and buses first then you leave. I forced my young nieces to suck it up and enjoy the night even though they were so ready to sleep.
We didn’t leave right after HEA was over. This was the 2nd show and we stayed and shopped for while. And if we forced our kids to stay when they were younger and were tired, we definitely paid for it the next day (we come from the west coast so we typically are suffering from jet lag and the kids got cranky quick when they were young—now, they’re older and we leave them to sleep in while we get up early)!

Giss Neric

You’ve seen them in line for a ride??

I’ve never seen it. I was under the impression that they only come to WDW to chant and couldn’t care less about the rides.
Oh yes many times. You would see their group leader will a flag first then you see a bunch of them heading towards the ride. I was unfortunate to hear their chants in Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror and Space Mountain. They do tend to go to thrill rides since they are teenagers anyways.

NelleBelle

Oh yes many times. You would see their group leader will a flag first then you see a bunch of them heading towards the ride. I was unfortunate to hear their chants in Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror and Space Mountain. They do tend to go to thrill rides since they are teenagers anyways.
I thought that was a sarcastic comment because that's where I always see them...in line!! Cutting in line to be specific. There flag-wielding leader will be way ahead and then here comes a group of about 60, trying to cut in front of you. My dad absolutely refused to let them past (along with a few others when they saw what was happening)--he told them they should've stayed with their lead instead of riding other rides (we saw them coming off of another ride while in line). Absolutely frosts me! 😡

Kate F

I don’t find movie studios to be a very compelling theme for a park. It’s the main reason why DHS and USF are my least favorite parks between WDW and UO.

NelleBelle

This will get me some hate but Captain EO in my opinion is really overrated. I found the show to be really boring.
I used to love Capt. EO when I was a kid back in the 80s when it was showing originally and it was “new” and Michael was totally “rad” (or whatever we said back then). But when I saw it a few years ago, I was kinda appalled I liked it so much. It was quite tacky and the music was not what I remembered at all! Let’s just say it did not age well.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I used to love Capt. EO when I was a kid back in the 80s when it was showing originally and it was “new” and Michael was totally “rad” (or whatever we said back then). But when I saw it a few years ago, I was kinda appalled I liked it so much. It was quite tacky and the music was not what I remembered at all! Let’s just say it did not age well.
Yeah I agree as a kid its fun but as an adult it does not hold up 😂

DisneyTalks

Toy Story Land and Star Wars Galaxy Edge were the worst thing to happen to Hollywood Studios, in my opinion. I loved the fact that Hollywood Studios was a fun and educational park on the making of movies, as well as walking through the Golden Age of Hollywood and the appreciation of the making of Film. But i kinda feel like the 2 lands dumbed it down in a way. I would've rather loved if they expanded Hollywood Studios to have more shows and rides appreciating movies. Now its like the Disney Media park, with a incredibly huge emphasis on Star Wars, being that its like 60% of what Hollywood Studios is now. Now with the removal of great movie ride, Lights Motor Action, and the Backlot tour, I feel like the uniqueness of what the park is meant to be is being stripped away. Just call it the Disney Plus park lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom