Controversial/ Unpopular theme park opinions

Jrb1979

I miss the days when you could:

1. Get TWO FP for the same attraction on the same day.

2. I also partly miss the days when everybody didn't research everything about WDW before they went to WDW. Back when WDW still had little secrets and offered in the moment discoveries. When CM's were able to bestow little treats without EVERY WDW visitor whining if they didn't get the same treat.

I still find the idea of watching ride videos, before going on a ride a bit troubling. When did we become so fearful of trying anything new? When did we forget the fun of anticipation?
To add to that I've never seen so many people that are afraid of thrill rides. Its not Disney but when Hagrids opened I saw a lot of people ask if it was scary. My first thought was do people only go to Disney and don't experience a Six Flags park.

UNCgolf

To add to that I've never seen so many people that are afraid of thrill rides. Its not Disney but when Hagrids opened I saw a lot of people ask if it was scary. My first thought was do people only go to Disney and don't experience a Six Flags park.

Probably, yes -- if you aren't interested in thrill rides, why would you go to Six Flags? There's very little else there.

Jrb1979

Probably, yes -- if you aren't interested in thrill rides, why would you go to Six Flags? There's very little else there.
If you have kids odds are if you go to Disney you probably also take them to your local park. At least I would think.

PostScott

Escape from Gringotts is so medicore and executed poorly (only when riding it after riding forbidden Journey, not before. If before, then it's an alright attraction)

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

If you have kids odds are if you go to Disney you probably also take them to your local park. At least I would think.

Judging by the number of people I've seen who are used to WDW but have then come back freaking out about perfectly normal theme park policies at parks outside of Disney (my favorite being the person who panicked about seating not being assigned on coasters at Knott's Berry Farm-a perfectly normal occurrence outside of Disney and Universal), there are a substantial number of people who visit WDW frequently and post on sites like these (or not) that rarely or never venture to parks outside of WDW, plainly have no idea how other parks operate, and they give it away by the questions they ask or the things they choose to become hysterical about.

Blackie Pueblo

Just FYI, Alien Encounter isn't the original attraction in that location.

I'd be happy to have AE back. Whenever I went through Stitch... I couldn't help but to remember both AE and Mission to Mars. While Mission itself wasn't super exciting, it evoked the shared excitement people used to have for space travel. A kind of romantic notion that if we all worked together, we could actually reach for the stars.

Sigh.

I also still remember If You Had Wings when riding Buzz. (in the red laser room and the room just after the red laser). Sure, the ride was mostly a big ad, but it also celebrated hope and adventure.

Just fyi I too loved Alien Encouter. In fact I still have the original stuffed animal of Skippy. A proud collectors item for me.

Imagineer45

Fastpass advanced reservations should only be allowed for Deluxe resort guests so the number in circulation can decrease and the number of attractions where it is available can decrease. Other WDW guests would still get EMH. It would more closely resemble Universal's system which I think is much better.

Injecting relevant IPs into World Showcase with new attractions is necessary to incentivize kids and families to fully utilize the entire park.

Every WDW resort without some sort of specialized, non-bus form of transport to the parks (boat, monorail, Skyliner) is overpriced given the availability of nice, reasonably priced brand hotels within similar bussing distances.

I like how MK has its parking lot separated from its entrance, making a boat or monorail trip necessary, and I wish all of the parks did this. It allows for a more aesthetically pleasing entrance.

(Less controversial) A lack of attractions cannot be justified by beautiful theming.

NelleBelle

I like how MK has its parking lot separated from its entrance, making a boat or monorail trip necessary, and I wish all of the parks did this. It allows for a more aesthetically pleasing entrance.
And a NIGHTMARE at closing! Last time we went it took almost 75 minutes to get on a ferry!! I'd rather hoof it to the parking lot than rely on slow transportation (at least the parking trams are fast and come quickly)! Love the Contemporary for this option and will be glad when you can walk to GF!

General Mayhem

-All of Galaxy's Edge looks like it was a kid's playset blown up to full scale (This is not a good thing).
-Rise of the Resistance is just okay, and I like Runaway Railway far better (been on both).
-The Main Street Electrical Parade is not good, and should've never been in Orlando.
-The Chinese Disney resorts are complete trash with the exception of Mystic Manor.
-EPCOT even after it's remodel is still a trash park, and has been since 1999.
-Our Space Mountain is the best.
-I like that Disney doesn't have the rights to Marvel in the parks on the east coast.

bryanfze55

Different experiences appeal to different people. While thrills don’t bother me, I’ve lost my appetite for Six Flags/Cedar Fair type parks.

COrunner

I'm the opposite. I travel to multiple parks a summer to ride roller coasters. Theming doesn't do much for me.

I agree with you. When I'm going to WDW or even Universal I want the experience. I enjoy taking in the theme and attention to detail/easter eggs/queues.

When I go to Kings Island or Cedar Point I honestly want short lines, height and speed. The idea that someone gets upset that a ride like Millennium Force isn't themed is odd. The theme is the thing is huge and fast.

Millennium Force: 310 feet tall, 6600 ft long, 93 mph ride speed - 2:20 duration
Expedition Everest: 199.5 feet tall, 4400 ft long, 50 mph ride speed - 2:50 duration

bryanfze55

I'm the opposite. I travel to multiple parks a summer to ride roller coasters. Theming doesn't do much for me.

Hence, different people enjoy different things. This is a good thing. Six Flags needs thrill seekers to stay in business. I do find it odd that a Season Pass has not gone up in price in the last 20 years. It’s still $50 with free parking lol

Jrb1979

Hence, different people enjoy different things. This is a good thing. Six Flags needs thrill seekers to stay in business. I do find it odd that a Season Pass has not gone up in price in the last 20 years. It’s still $50 with free parking lol
Its why I enjoy Cedar Fair parks better. A lot less teens in the park cause passes cost more. I think the biggest reason why I like other parks more is how much planning you have to do to really enjoy Disney.

cat hem

My list of unpopular stuff:
- Hate having to get FP to see a character, loved when characters roamed free (but that was ages ago when people had manners...)
- I think it's really crappy that Disney started the "good neighbor" hotel stuff - giving them 60+ is BS. No wonder onsite people can't get good FP
- I really love: the people mover, small world (if for no other reason than historical value), love Tiki room (it's my ringtone!)
- I'm really sad about the transformation of EPCOT.
-Love world showcase - and yes Drinking around the World! (I waited years to do this with my kids, now a tradition! we drink in moderation - sharing a sip or two...)
- I can't stand the people who insist that Disney is for kids... Adults pay the bills!
- Stayed at Poly - yes the theme is fantastic, but pool overcrowded, lots of non-resort people around, didn't love it.
- Can't stand tour groups, cheer groups, any large- loud- rude group.
but I still love Disney :) and can't wait to see Star Wars land!

NelleBelle

My list of unpopular stuff:
- Hate having to get FP to see a character, loved when characters roamed free (but that was ages ago when people had manners...)
- I think it's really crappy that Disney started the "good neighbor" hotel stuff - giving them 60+ is BS. No wonder onsite people can't get good FP
- I really love: the people mover, small world (if for no other reason than historical value), love Tiki room (it's my ringtone!)
- I'm really sad about the transformation of EPCOT.
-Love world showcase - and yes Drinking around the World! (I waited years to do this with my kids, now a tradition! we drink in moderation - sharing a sip or two...)
- I can't stand the people who insist that Disney is for kids... Adults pay the bills!
- Stayed at Poly - yes the theme is fantastic, but pool overcrowded, lots of non-resort people around, didn't love it.
- Can't stand tour groups, cheer groups, any large- loud- rude group.
but I still love Disney :) and can't wait to see Star Wars land!
totally agree with the Good Neighbor nonsense (at least at WDW). We usually use a Good Neighbor hotel when we go to DLR because it's totally different (No FP+ advantages, still get EMH, parks are not as crowded, etc).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom