Controversial/ Unpopular theme park opinions

Cmdr_Crimson

Yeah I absolutely agree. I hope if Pokemon replaces Kidszone that ET will stay and get a new entrance. Similar to how Disney did it for Toy Story Mania.
Actually they could put Dreamworks and Illumination based rides there where Barney and Curious George are , Nuthouse coaster and Fivels playland gets a retheme...And remove the pointless Spongebob store and animal actors show for more rides...

Skibum1970

• There is too much Star wars..I was happier when it was just Star Tours.
  • Pandora is Just The Land Pavilion for AK FoP (Soarin) & Navi River Journey (Living with The Land).
  • I liked Liberty Inn and Electric Umbrella
  • I like Downtown Disney.....Pre Springs with Mcdonalds sans El Polo Loco..
  • I liked when AK closed at 5pm
  • I enjoyed the original DME videos
  • I'd rather hear Joe Hursch narrate the lines of Disney Transportation than hearing Tom Kane's quiet version of Prof. Plutonium's voice throughout.

I completely agree about the DME video. The new one is just a little blah. The old one was so good with the excellent narration and various jokes. It may have had a little too much Stitch but Capt. Hook is always a great addition.

ddbowdoin

That on the whole the food at Disney is subpar. Love the theming etc but as someone who loves to eat, yup... it’s never a highlight for me and I get roasted for that opinion.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Actually they could put Dreamworks and Illumination based rides there where Barney and Curious George are , Nuthouse coaster and Fivels playland gets a retheme...And remove the pointless Spongebob store and animal actors show for more rides...
That would be interesting but I don't see them doing that. I think they are going to have Nintendo at every park like Harry Potter. So I bet we see Pokemon or Animal Crossing replace Kidszone. But who knows anything can happen.

Cmdr_Crimson

That would be interesting but I don't see them doing that. I think they are going to have Nintendo at every park like Harry Potter. So I bet we see Pokemon or Animal Crossing replace Kidszone. But who knows anything can happen.

The Nintendo section was to be on the Studio side up until they moved it Epic Universe...Kidzone is now a Deadzone. Which is why you don't see things happening with the area....Making it a Minions Super Silly Fun Land or Dreamworks Animation Backlot would be a better way to go with it...I mean it's even obvious to throw Secret Life of Pets ride in the New York area removing this facade as a mid size shed is behind this...And the ride looks very tall and narrow in the Hollywood park...
maxresdefault.jpg
5e2b86b0ab49fd220a4c0062

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
The Nintendo section was to be on the Studio side up until they moved it Epic Universe...Kidzone is now a Deadzone. Which is why you don't see things happening with the area....Making it a Minions Super Silly Fun Land or Dreamworks Animation Backlot would be a better way to go with it...I mean it's even obvious to throw Secret Life of Pets ride in the New York area removing this facade as a mid size shed is behind this...And the ride looks very tall and narrow in the Hollywood park...
maxresdefault.jpg
5e2b86b0ab49fd220a4c0062
I think Secret Life of Pets should replace Shrek. Then maybe demo the theater or rip ride rockit for a super silly fun land.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
maxresdefault.jpg
5e2b86b0ab49fd220a4c0062
I completely agree. Historical to the park or not, that backdrop set should be no more "significant" to Universal than Jaws, Kongfrontation, or Earqthuake. Scrap it down and do something with that empty space.

Honestly, KidZone needs to basically just become a Nickelodeon zone. What's up with just the one Spongebob store? That's really weird if Universal has the rights to use Nickelodeon characters, and they're not taking advantage of them all. Very profitable.

Cmdr_Crimson

I completely agree. Historical to the park or not, that backdrop set should be no more "significant" to Universal than Jaws, Kongfrontation, or Earqthuake. Scrap it down and do something with that empty space.

Honestly, KidZone needs to basically just become a Nickelodeon zone. What's up with just the one Spongebob store? That's really weird if Universal has the rights to use Nickelodeon characters, and they're not taking advantage of them all. Very profitable.
It's as confusing as Scooby Doo being there when they have been using him at one point in three theme park chains (Universal, Paramount and Six flags) at the same time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom