Control booth purpose?

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
What do the control booths above the rides, like at PoTC there is a booth above your head, do? I see control panels on ground level, but there is also a booth above you, so Im wondering what the difference is.

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
The Tower is where they monitor all the in ride cameras to make sure guests are behaving. It is that master control area where they can stop and restart the ride. The ones in the loading area are just for dispatching vehicles.
So when there are ride issues are they usually in the booth trying to figure out the issue?

Vipraa

Depends on the problem. The main issue that the tower deals with is guests and ride stops because of them. When ever you hear a CM talking over the intercom that is generally the tower. If there is a problem with the actual ride then the ride will tell them whats wrong so they can go fix it.

Sassagoula-Rvr

The tower position sounds so exciting! Is it? Sometimes I think about my professional life/career ahead of me and think maybe I would just be happier piloting a monorail around, or loading people at one of the mountains...I don't know how I would pay off the college debt...or if I would like working at my favorite vacation spot...but it's fun to think about when you want to tell people at work to take a hike!

Captain Hank

Tower *sounds* exciting, but in most cases it's extremely slow. I've only worked one attraction with a tower position (not every one has a tower) and it was actually one of my least-favorite positions. Of course, during power-up and power-down and when the ride goes down, *then* it gets exciting. And, of course, the boring part doesn't hold true for all attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom