Contemporary - Theme Park View

disneycouple07

Original Poster
We have in the past also! Unbelievable view! I'm just wondering because the spring offer is showing no availability for our week. I contacted Disney and spoke with a CM that said the MK view was included as part of the discount but was limited to a number of rooms. I've asked in several Facebook groups and everyone I've talked to at the CR has a Bay Lake view. I guess the Bay Lake side is going to be full and the theme park view rooms are going to be empty. No one is going to pay full price when they can get a discounted room at the GF, Poly, etc.

Last edited:

stephbreynolds

They were part of the special but they sold out within a half hour of the deals being posted online. AKL, Grand Floridian, and the Polynesian were all sold out within an hour of posting for the week we are traveling in April. From what I've heard is that Disney is still posting the specials but offering fewer rooms than previous years.

tigger1968

Was lucky enough to stay there with Theme Park view twice many years ago before they priced it into the stratosphere. My favorite memory was waking up about 3am one night and noticed the park was still lit. Walked out on my balcony and realized they were working of course. You could see several portable cranes with booms up at the hub, and best of all....old school 60's jazz was playing over the speakers as they worked. You could hear it faintly in the distance. I sat out there for a good half hour taking it in. One of my best WDW memories ever.

disneycouple07

Original Poster
Yes, for a family of 4 it would be $8100 to stay a week in a theme park view at the Contemporary. It was $6500 w/the discount for the Bay Lake View in the tower (park hopper tickets, dining and memory maker). They seriously must have had 5 theme park view rooms offered under the spring discount.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We have in the past also! Unbelievable view! I'm just wondering because the spring offer is showing no availability for our week. I contacted Disney and spoke with a CM that said the MK view was included as part of the discount but was limited to a number of rooms. I've asked in several Facebook groups and everyone I've talked to at the CR has a Bay Lake view. I guess the Bay Lake side is going to be full and the theme park view rooms are going to be empty. No one is going to pay full price when they can get a discounted room at the GF, Poly, etc.
You would be surprised. Back when I was a TA I had a number of clients that would insist on a particular room category and resort regardless of the price. A theme park view at the Contemporary was the most common one by far.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We always prefer Bay Lake View. What Disney classifies as Theme Park View we call "parking lot view", especially if your room is on a lower floor. Additionally, that side of the resort faces west, so in the afternoon/evening the rooms are blinded by the sun and during warmer months it is too hot to enjoy the balcony.

Bay Lake is prettier and peaceful. And you can watch the Electrical Water Pageant from your room :).

disneycouple07

Original Poster
We will enjoy our vacation regardless! We took my mom with us last year and had a MK view. This year she is also going with us and she thinks we are staying at the POR. She is really going to be surprised!

disneycouple07

Original Poster
DH and I have been checking the WDW website every day, several times a day to see if a MK view is available under the spring offer. So far, no luck!

BuddyThomas

DH and I have been checking the WDW website every day, several times a day to see if a MK view is available under the spring offer. So far, no luck!
I would keep checking. I'm also in the early stages of beginning to book a trip and the availability on the website with the spring discount has been changing on a daily if not hourly basis. Resorts that were unavailable one day suddenly have availability in every category the next day. Good luck.

Kit83

Was lucky enough to stay there with Theme Park view twice many years ago before they priced it into the stratosphere. My favorite memory was waking up about 3am one night and noticed the park was still lit. Walked out on my balcony and realized they were working of course. You could see several portable cranes with booms up at the hub, and best of all....old school 60's jazz was playing over the speakers as they worked. You could hear it faintly in the distance. I sat out there for a good half hour taking it in. One of my best WDW memories ever.

That's just a beautiful image you have described thanks for sharing it .

Kit83

I would keep checking. I'm also in the early stages of beginning to book a trip and the availability on the website with the spring discount has been changing on a daily if not hourly basis. Resorts that were unavailable one day suddenly have availability in every category the next day. Good luck.

This is good advice blocks of rooms are held by agents until a certain date if they are unsold they appear available again good luck .

disneycouple07

Original Poster
I am so excited I can barely concentrate today...I took a nap too late yesterday afternoon so I was up into the early morning hours. At about 1:30 AM I decided to check the website to see if anything had changed...to my surprise, a garden view, bay lake AND THEME PARK WERE AVAILABLE!!! I didn't know what direction to run. I tried to call reservations and of course they were closed. I decided to book another reservation and pay the deposit. I didn't want to take the chance of not getting the view we wanted so bad! I called reservations first thing this morning and the CM agreed I did the right thing because the discount/room was no longer available. She transferred our reservation without a problem. I've checked MDE several times just to make sure our dining reservations were still there. I honestly didn't think the discount was going to work in our favor!!! Thanks to everyone for your tips and listening to me whine about my "room with a view."

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I am so excited I can barely concentrate today...I took a nap too late yesterday afternoon so I was up into the early morning hours. At about 1:30 AM I decided to check the website to see if anything had changed...to my surprise, a garden view, bay lake AND THEME PARK WERE AVAILABLE!!! I didn't know what direction to run. I tried to call reservations and of course they were closed. I decided to book another reservation and pay the deposit. I didn't want to take the chance of not getting the view we wanted so bad! I called reservations first thing this morning and the CM agreed I did the right thing because the discount/room was no longer available. She transferred our reservation without a problem. I've checked MDE several times just to make sure our dining reservations were still there. I honestly didn't think the discount was going to work in our favor!!! Thanks to everyone for your tips and listening to me whine about my "room with a view."
So glad it worked out for you!!

As an FYI, if you cancel a room reservation your dining reservations do not automatically cancel. You have to cancel both separately.

disneycouple07

Original Poster
So glad it worked out for you!!

As an FYI, if you cancel a room reservation your dining reservations do not automatically cancel. You have to cancel both separately.

Right, when we had to cancel our trip in October I had to go into MDE and cancel each individual dining reservation. This was the first time I had two reservations for the same dates so I was nervous!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom