Contemporary Staircase

plutothedoggo

Original Poster
Hey everyone! My wife and I are going to be staying at CR in a few weeks and I have seen some resort tours and walk-through videos that show outside on the overlook deck on the 5th floor near the gift shop (overlooking Magic Kingdom) there is a stair case on each side. On one of the walk through videos, the person went all the up and was able to get up on the same deck you would when eating at Cali Grill. I believe the time was mid morning.

I'm just wondering if this staircase that goes all thew way up is open and if so what time? I am staying here soon and would like to get some photos in the early morning from various areas and if I can get up to the top (or at least outside on the overlook on the 5th floor deck) that would be cool.

I don't want to break any rules or anything so if it's locked until 9am when the stores and dining start to open up that is fine.

Thanks!

surfsupdon

Yes, you can walk up that staircase to the top. It is a bird sanctuary though and the amount of bird droppings is unbelievable!!!!

The staircase on any random floor above the concourse landing, yet below the Cali Grill was my favorite place to watch the fireworks when I stayed at BLT. Crowds gather on the Concourse floor and at the Cali Grill deck, but the stair landings were empty. Private and a great view.

The concourse landing, where they hold the private event monorail crawl, is actually a very bad spot for fireworks viewing. Monorail beams, light posts, and trees are in the way. Go higher up!

plutothedoggo

Original Poster
Yes, you can walk up that staircase to the top. It is a bird sanctuary though and the amount of bird droppings is unbelievable!!!!

The staircase on any random floor above the concourse landing, yet below the Cali Grill was my favorite place to watch the fireworks when I stayed at BLT. Crowds gather on the Concourse floor and at the Cali Grill deck, but the stair landings were empty. Private and a great view.

The concourse landing, where they hold the private event monorail crawl, is actually a very bad spot for fireworks viewing. Monorail beams, light posts, and trees are in the way. Go higher up!

Thank you for the info! Great to know. Can't wait to check those views out in the early morning during sunrise!

DisAl

I don't remember any signs saying you couldn't go out, but one thing to be careful of is that you can go OUT the door on any floor (it is an emergency exit) but you won't be able to come back IN on any floor except the 5th floor deck. On the other end of the building you would have to go all the way to the ground.

surfsupdon

Thank you for the info! Great to know. Can't wait to check those views out in the early morning during sunrise!
The sun rises over Bay Lake, so you would be looking away from Magic Kingdom. Which is fine. It’s gorgeous.

But def watch the fireworks from floor 10ish. It’s awesome.

plutothedoggo

Original Poster
The sun rises over Bay Lake, so you would be looking away from Magic Kingdom. Which is fine. It’s gorgeous.

But def watch the fireworks from floor 10ish. It’s awesome.

Ah yes you're right. That still should be fine to get the early glow against the castle! Thank you!

TrainsOfDisney

If you’re dressed nice enough (which doesn’t take much), after watching the fireworks you can go through Concourse Steakhouse to the elevator. You’ll be amongst a small crowd from the restaurant doing the same thing.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If you’re dressed nice enough (which doesn’t take much), after watching the fireworks you can go through Concourse Steakhouse to the elevator. You’ll be amongst a small crowd from the restaurant doing the same thing.
Well you’ve just dated yourself. ;) 🤣

California Grill is the restaurant on the 15th floor with the outdoor deck for fireworks viewing.

Concourse Steakhouse used to be on the 4th floor Grand Canyon Concourse (hence the name) but was replaced by the Contempo Cafe in 2008.

TrainsOfDisney

Well you’ve just dated yourself. ;) 🤣

California Grill is the restaurant on the 15th floor with the outdoor deck for fireworks viewing.

Concourse Steakhouse used to be on the 4th floor Grand Canyon Concourse (hence the name) but was replaced by the Contempo Cafe in 2008.

Lol! That I did. I meant California Grill! I did so love the concourse steakhouse though. That French onion soup was the best I’ve ever had!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom