News Contemporary Refurbishment--April to Sept 2021

Rambozo

It looks a little like a prison cell or the location where brainwashing occurs in a dystopian future featuring an all-knowing world government. I wonder if the closets come with pre-fitted shiny jumpsuits instead of bathrobes.

Blech.

LOL, what a coincidence. My dad used to call The Contemporary Resort "The Prison". That's before he saw that they have hot towels in the restrooms though.

Rteetz

I’m actually surprised they didn’t move the wave to one of the ballrooms during this or even to California Grill for breakfast service. It’s interesting that they’re ok with not having a standard table service at the resort for so long.

They could definitely use a second bar somewhere too, just not sure where as they’re also moving the lobby to level 2 for renos
CA Grill will be adding breakfast beginning 7/18 while the Wave is down.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
1625616575460.png

Funny how no one brings up its obvious similarities to the City of Domes from Logans Run and its constant mantra of Renew!

The_Jobu

That will be nice, I haven't been up there for a breakfast/brunch in years.

While not totally Contemporary related. I can confirm that Bob and Bob C are dining at the Cali Grill right now in the Napa Room.

For anyone like me that had no idea what the Napa Room was, you can click here.

I really hope the Bobs got a "best day ever!" cookie at the end of their meal.

What percentage tip do you think the CEO of the company would leave to his own employee?

Bleed0range

As someone who loves the art of the Incredibles, I don’t find the mid century modern type design all that bad of a fit. I personally kind of like it.

FigmentFan82

Steakhouse….casual…hm those two words don’t normally go together
True. I believe The Wave was considered to be a fairly casual restaurant so they probably didn't want to change the overall category this new theme will fit in to. Also they probably didn't want to steal any high end light from Cali Grill

nicb88

I hope they keep some form of variety of dishes at Steakhouse 71. There are already so many steakhouses across property that The Wave was a nice alternative that offered some different options!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom