News Contemporary Refurbishment--April to Sept 2021

Skywise

Home on the Range...

AlaNPeF.gif

BogusUnlinedHuemul-size_restricted.gif

a03.gif
Buried deeper in the vaults then Song of the South!

aladdin2007

Art Deco is it's own style which is not Contemporary...
The Contemporary style and design work perfectly ...It would be wonderful if they would embrace the original design aesthetic and really take it back, get rid of the clutter, and trust the design...and bring back the acrylic trees that were so amazing.
IP and cartoons are SO-o unnecessary.
What is the IP tied to the Wilderness Lodge?
The Grand Floridian plays with Mary Poppins and now for some strange reason Beauty and The Beast...
Is there an IP tied to every hotel?
It is ridiculous and not necessary....

wouldn't surprise me to see its beauty and grandeur preschooled down to toy story lodge at some point...:depressed:

castlecake2.0

Any word on what is happening to The Wave? I know what’s his face is probably trying to pay Disney to turn it into an Incredibles restaurant so he can be right, but I’m not feeling that will be the case. It really has to stay as just a table service option to complete the resorts line up. I wish they would totally gut the fourth floor and return it some sense of class.

drnilescrane

Any word on what is happening to The Wave? I know what’s his face is probably trying to pay Disney to turn it into an Incredibles restaurant so he can be right, but I’m not feeling that will be the case. It really has to stay as just a table service option to complete the resorts line up. I wish they would totally gut the fourth floor and return it some sense of class.
55 day refurbishment means most likely a soft goods rehab, but that’s still enough to get rid of a lot of the brown and change the name. The current concept has been a failure since I was a CP… and it was brand new then.

castlecake2.0

55 day refurbishment means most likely a soft goods rehab, but that’s still enough to get rid of a lot of the brown and change the name. The current concept has been a failure since I was a CP… and it was brand new then.
It tried but never really lived up to the farm to table concept, and the name was a choice that didn’t help it. The bar seems really popular most of the time, I could see that expanding with the dining room losing a bit of its footprint.

wdwfan22

From what I've heard the Incredibles themed steakhouse was chopped The new name will be Steakhouse 71 modeled after steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Resort.

wdwfan22

@wdwfan22 any word on anything else being done around the resort for a 50th spruce up other than the rooms?
Unfortunately I don't see much more happening. The room refurbishment will be the biggest change. I do believe more was planned for the Contemporary before the covid shutdown happened. As I have said before I'm not a big Incredibles fan but the Incredibles Steakhouse did sound pretty impressive. As it stands now the wave retheme isn't going to be anything to extreme. And I don't claim to be an insider by any means, This is just what I've heard and seen.

castlecake2.0

Unfortunately I don't see much more happening. The room refurbishment will be the biggest change. I do believe more was planned for the Contemporary before the covid shutdown happened. As I have said before I'm not a big Incredibles fan but the Incredibles Steakhouse did sound pretty impressive. As it stands now the wave retheme isn't going to be anything to extreme. And I don't claim to be an insider by any means, This is just what I've heard and seen.
I suspected Covid ruined some plans. Im scared for the Incredibles rooms...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom