Contemporary questions

TTA94

Original Poster
How difficult is it normally to reserve a room in the main building, on the top floor, facing the MK? Do they give you the option to choose one of those rooms facing the MK upon booking? And lastly what is the rates usually for those rooms during the peak times of the year?

Thanks

NYwdwfan

How difficult is it normally to reserve a room in the main building, on the top floor, facing the MK? Do they give you the option to choose one of those rooms facing the MK upon booking? And lastly what is the rates usually for those rooms during the peak times of the year?

Thanks
I’d recommend going to the Disney website and pricing a vacation with your desired dates. They will give you the option of selecting the resort and view of your choice.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
You can specify main building and theme park view. The top two floors (12 and 14) are club level. They'll run you $900 to $1,300 per night.

Non-club theme park view rooms (11 and below) are $700 up to $1,000 per night.

Prices are after tax and before discounts.

TTA94

Original Poster
You can specify main building and theme park view. The top two floors (12 and 14) are club level. They'll run you $900 to $1,300 per night.

Thanks

EpcotCenter82

Thanks
Main Tower - Theme Park View room is $850/night the week before and week after Easter. Same room is $878/night the week between Christmas and New Year's Day - these are the most expensive times for a WDW visit.

MaryJaneP

As you probably know, the top top floor is California Grill restaurant. Guest floors above 11 are club level (12 & 14). 11 and below are designated as "Contemporary Tower Magic Kingdom View" (opposite side of tower is "Bay Lake View"). We have stayed in rooms in the tower, with Magic Kingdom View, as well as the Garden wings (old North and South). We have stayed on floor just above Monorail as well as higher floors. We have stayed at both the Chef Mickey's end as well as the other end of the tower. Despite what you may be told, we never found a noise or vibration problem at either end nor at any floor level. Meals and Monorails do not interfere with our sleep times. YMMV. Have a great vacation.

Last edited:

Marianm

As you probably know, the top top floor is California Grill restaurant. Guest floors above 11 are club level (12 & 14). 11 and below are designated as "Contemporary Tower Magic Kingdom View" (opposite side of tower is "Bay Lake View"). We have stayed in rooms in the tower, with Magic Kingdom View, as well as the Garden wings (old North and South). We have stayed on floor just above Monorail as well as higher floors. We have stayed at both the Chef Mickey's end as well as the other end of the tower. Despite what you may be told, we never found a noise or vibration problem at either end nor at any floor level. Meals and Monorails do not interfere with our sleep times. YMMV. Have a great vacation.
Same. We always stay at CR and last trip we were on bay lake side 5th floor. No issues.
I don’t remember the room number, but we were the last room on the end with a lake view. But when we opened the front door to the hall, we could see the castle through the glass. It was a great room!

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I got a park view room in Septmeber 2019 for much less then that.

LUVofDIS

We stayed club level park view in December 2018. It was an amazing view, the food and drinks were good. The best food item was probably the "homemade" potato chips. I am not a chip eater but these were amazing. But the best part was the view, I take an elaborate camera set-up with me to the parks. I always have a range of lenses, 12mm to 400mm focal lengths with me along with my tripod. I was able to put these to great use with this view, both in the morning and at night. The only thing I wished I had done was to be in the room for the fireworks and taken pictures than.

You can easily see the MK, Splash, Space and Cinderella's castle are amazing from this vantage point, especially at night. I have never had a better view and the service was impeccable. I still feel it was over priced for what we got, but my sister-in-law wanted to stay there, but the view itself is something I will always remember and I am glad we did it.

SteveBrickNJ

Also need to add $24 a night for parking.
Isn't that a shame? Anyone who elects to pay such a hefty per night amount shouldn't also have to pay for parking. Yeah... actually no customers who stay at ANY Disney Resort Hotel should have to pay for parking. Disney was already a profitable business before they starting charging for Resort Hotel parking. I just read an article online that Disney's CEO received 65 million dollars in pay last year. Next year he's agreed to receive less (The article mentions the amount is "not to exceed $13.5 million").

Last edited:

WDW Monorail

Isn't that a shame? Anyone who elects to pay such a hefty per night amount shouldn't also have to pay for parking. Yeah... actually no customers who stay at ANY Disney Resort Hotel should have to pay for parking. Disney was already a profitable business before they starting charging for Resort Hotel parking. I just read an article online that Disney's CEO received 65 million dollars in pay last year. Next year he's agreed to receive less (The article mentions the amount is "not to exceed $13.5 million").

It’s so sad to see people who want to limit someone’s reward for success and optimal performance. I fully intend to be in a similar position to Disney’s CEO and expect to be compensated very well.

SteveBrickNJ

It’s so sad to see people who want to limit someone’s reward for success and optimal performance. I fully intend to be in a similar position to Disney’s CEO and expect to be compensated very well.
I am a conservative person who almost always votes Republican. I am not for unreasonable taxes on the wealthy for the very reason you just stated. Yet, I think an ANNUAL salary of 13.5 million dollars is fair....and certainly my stating that opinion is far from "sad".
That's it from me here. Anything more on this topic would be more appropriate on the forum called: "General political chat"

Last edited:

EpcotCenter82

Went a few years ago I believe we payed 400$ a night for theme park view in the summer time.
It must have been many summers ago. For summer 2019, a Tower theme park view runs $700/night plus tax plus parking.

The least expensive times to stay at the Contemporary are early to mid-January and most of Sept. Same rooms runs $625/night (plus 12.5% tax + $24 a day parking)

Muffinpants

It must have been many summers ago. For summer 2019, a Tower theme park view runs $700/night plus tax plus parking.

The least expensive times to stay at the Contemporary are early to mid-January and most of Sept. Same rooms runs $625/night (plus 12.5% tax + $24 a day parking)
They did one if them 30% off room deals. I checked at it was June 2016 .

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I did a one day stay in club level (12th floor) theme park view in August 2018 for $597.24 (taxes and fees inclusive). I booked mid-April 2018 using an annual pass discount deal (I think the AP deal was like 35-40% off; I think non-AP discount deal was like $50-75 more if I remember right) and it was for a Friday night stay believe it or not. The room was great and it was great being able to use their parking lot from pre-park opening on check-in day and until closing on check-out before moving on to the hotel I had booked for my conference.

The deals have been out there to get a club room with the grand view of the park for under $700 or so from time to time but you have to watch for the deals and hopefully align with a low-season time period (like late January to mid-February, August/Sept.). With the Star Wars land opening, you might be hard pressed to find a deal sub-$700 this year for Park View club and I haven't seen any deals pop up for Fall months yet. It looks like they have some around $705-715 pre-tax range right now for May and June weekdays ($740-750 non-AP sun and fun offer pre-tax).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom