Contemporary Permit

donsullivan

Premium Member
If it's tied to the long rumors BLT2, this 'could' just be demolition and site prep. However, that project would absolutely require SFWMD permitting and nothing from that has propped up. I have been hearing rumblings of plans for a Grand Canyon Concourse refresh project that's been floated a few times. That sort of project would likely fit into that timeframe and achieve the goal of being done before the 50th.

raymusiccity

If it's tied to the long rumors BLT2, this 'could' just be demolition and site prep. However, that project would absolutely require SFWMD permitting and nothing from that has propped up. I have been hearing rumblings of plans for a Grand Canyon Concourse refresh project that's been floated a few times. That sort of project would likely fit into that timeframe and achieve the goal of being done before the 50th.

If they're going to refresh anything, let's go all out 'Vintage' !!

peter11435

Given the way of recent developments...
Perhaps they are planning on removing the giant mural in the concourse...
It's not making enough money yo!

I'll be the replacement is a mural of a beer garden...
It almost got removed in the 80s and again in the 90s. So it would not come as a surprise if it were finally changed.

lazyboy97o

New buildings are not FAM’s domain.

trainplane3

The did go forward with those multicolored pastel balconies for a time. It was weird.
That was probably before I was a thought on anyones mind though (or before my first trip in 97/98?). I'm sure it was weird if it was the only dash of color in a otherwise neutrally colored area.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The last room renovations where in 2013 that refreshed hard and soft products.

Just as an aside the Polynesian already has some test rooms ready, I believe they are in the buildings that were last updated in 2013. So it may be also on the list for updated rooms.

So if the replacement time frame seems to be the same. Shame, since the monorail resort that needs the most attention is the GF.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom