Contemporary Ideas?

cw1982

Original Poster
My four year old son and I are going to stay at the Contemporary for a few nights in October. We have park days planned at MK, EP, and AK (skipping HS because I'm going by myself and don't want to brave those crowds by myself with my little) and we have a pool/relaxation day planned as well. We're eating dinner at Chef Mickey's our first night there, and I have booked dinner at O'hana for our pool day. Any other suggestions for things to do around the hotel? My son loves trains, so I definitely plan to build in time for extra monorail rides, and I was thinking about taking him over to Pop Century to look around since I know they have some cool stuff to look at there.

Any other suggestions?

epcotisbest

My four year old son and I are going to stay at the Contemporary for a few nights in October. We have park days planned at MK, EP, and AK (skipping HS because I'm going by myself and don't want to brave those crowds by myself with my little) and we have a pool/relaxation day planned as well. We're eating dinner at Chef Mickey's our first night there, and I have booked dinner at O'hana for our pool day. Any other suggestions for things to do around the hotel? My son loves trains, so I definitely plan to build in time for extra monorail rides, and I was thinking about taking him over to Pop Century to look around since I know they have some cool stuff to look at there.

Any other suggestions?

Boats. Take him on the boat over to Wilderness Lodge and explore there and maybe over to Ft. Wilderness by boat as well. While at WL, Wispering Canyon Cafe is fun.
Kids seem to love T-rex at DS as well.
The outdoor movie and EWP are also entertaining if you let him stay up that late.

cw1982

Original Poster
Boats. Take him on the boat over to Wilderness Lodge and explore there and maybe over to Ft. Wilderness by boat as well. While at WL, Wispering Canyon Cafe is fun.
Kids seem to love T-rex at DS as well.
The outdoor movie and EWP are also entertaining if you let him stay up that late.

Great idea!!! Thank you!

belledream

I agree with the boats... it is super relaxing and enjoyable to cruise around Bay Lake. You could also take him on a pony ride at Tri-Circle-D Ranch at Ft. Wilderness.

Unfortunately the WDW Railroad will probably not be running around that time, but the train will be at the station for photo ops, so definitely check that out!

cw1982

Original Poster
I agree with the boats... it is super relaxing and enjoyable to cruise around Bay Lake. You could also take him on a pony ride at Tri-Circle-D Ranch at Ft. Wilderness.

Unfortunately the WDW Railroad will probably not be running around that time, but the train will be at the station for photo ops, so definitely check that out!

Thank you!

DisAl

If you are on the MK side of Contemporary it is a real treat to watch the MK fireworks from your balcony. They play the soundtrack on one of the resort tv channels. Even if you are not on the MK side you can watch from an observation area at the north end of the fourth floor. (Never tried that so I don't know how good the view is.)

cw1982

Original Poster
If you are on the MK side of Contemporary it is a real treat to watch the MK fireworks from your balcony. They play the soundtrack on one of the resort tv channels. Even if you are not on the MK side you can watch from an observation area at the north end of the fourth floor. (Never tried that so I don't know how good the view is.)

We are on the MK side! I was thinking we might get to do that after dinner our first night. I'm so excited!

DisAl

We are on the MK side! I was thinking we might get to do that after dinner our first night. I'm so excited!
With a 4 year old I doubt you are doing California Grill, but if you have dinner there you can watch the fireworks from the observation deck on top of the Contemporary. (It can get windy and cool up there so be prepared.)

LUVofDIS

Definitely don't miss the electric water pageant on Seven Seas Lagoon. It goes by the Contemporary just after 10pm I believe. It is one of my wife's fondest memories from when she was younger. Nothing spectacular, just a good way to maybe end the night.

cw1982

Original Poster
Definitely don't miss the electric water pageant on Seven Seas Lagoon. It goes by the Contemporary just after 10pm I believe. It is one of my wife's fondest memories from when she was younger. Nothing spectacular, just a good way to maybe end the night.

Yes!!! I remember this from my childhood too. Thank you from the reminder. I'll add it to our list. :)

NiarrNDisney

Maybe not the biggest or most amazing attraction but there is a small train that your son can ride in Disney Springs Marketplace. My Nephew loved it as well as the Carousel while hanging out with Grandpa while the other grownups enjoyed shopping and drinks at the Dockside Margarita.

KCheatle

I agree with checking out WL and Ft. Wilderness! Soooo many awesome things to see and do at both places. Not sure what's in your budget, but we did the Pirates Cruise a few years back. It meets at the Contemp, and then you take a boat out to watch the MK fireworks with the music pumped in. My kids loved it. Although, my son, who we primarily did it for, had a hard time staying awake that late ;) Otherwise, my kids love just hanging out in the hotel arcades for a little bit. Contemp has a nice arcade. And, don't forget, you have 2 pools. You can use BLT as well as Contemp. Have fun! :)

nickys

Premium Member
I agree with checking out WL and Ft. Wilderness! Soooo many awesome things to see and do at both places. Not sure what's in your budget, but we did the Pirates Cruise a few years back. It meets at the Contemp, and then you take a boat out to watch the MK fireworks with the music pumped in. My kids loved it. Although, my son, who we primarily did it for, had a hard time staying awake that late ;) Otherwise, my kids love just hanging out in the hotel arcades for a little bit. Contemp has a nice arcade. And, don't forget, you have 2 pools. You can use BLT as well as Contemp. Have fun! :)

Sorry, Contemporary guests can’t use the Bay Lake pool. That is for BLT guests only and is gated. It isn’t big enough anyway, which is why they can go and use the Contemporary pool as well.

cw1982

Original Poster
And breakfast cheaper than dinner at both 👍

Very true! I'm not as worried about costs because we went ahead and purchased the dining plan this time. But it's still a good idea to be mindful of costs for sure.

The reason I went with CM for dinner is because it'll be our first meal on property, and I wanted it to set the tone for the rest of the trip. I figured that him getting to see Mickey and watch the monorails going through the building for his first meal on site would set the tone for the rest of the trip.

Then with O'hana... I figured the luau would be more enjoyable for him than meeting Lilo and Stitch, whom he's not as familiar with. Plus he's more likely to eat the dinner there (once they bring him a kid friendly option lol) than he is to eat breakfast food. My kid is weird like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom