Contemporary Garden Wings

DanStat

Hi guys. We're in the midst of planning our October vacation and just wanted to see what the deal is with the Contemp's Garden Wings. If you have stayed in them, did you like them? How far did you have to walk? Has anyone ever received an upgrade to a tower room?

Overall, how would you grade the Contemporary? Thanks!

shoppingnut

We stayed there many years ago and we were in the wing closest to MK. The walking was minimal to the main part of the hotel and being on that side of the hotel, we could walk out the front and use the walkway to MK, so we didn't use the monorail in the morning, just a night when our feet were to exhausted to take another step.

The rooms are nice two queen beds, a chair and ottoman, small couch that turns into a bed and a small dining table that would be in front of the couch so you can eat or play games on it. We had a room that faced the water and it was very nice.

Upvote 0

Robfasto

The Garden Wing rooms are exactly the same design and layout as the Tower rooms. Even in the South Wing the walk is no more than a lot of people have at other resorts and you can get some really great views.

October 2001 Garden Wing Pictures

January 2001 Tower Room Pictures

Personally for the difference in price I would stay in the Garden Wings since our last stay there and since I have stayed at so many other resorts the require a lot of walking.

Upgrades are not unheard we have gotten them 3 times at the Contemporary at check-in. They just offered and of course we took them.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

The only trouble with the Graden Rooms is that the walk to the Main Tower for meals or to catch the monorail can be a bit breezy and wet if the weather is bad.

Some of my co-workers were booked in the Garden Rooms for my last meeting. That was their complaint.

I was lucky enough to have the tower room!

Upvote 0

WDWKat26

I don't know why, but I never wanted a garden room...i've always wanted to stay in the tower. Maybe I just like the feeling of being in that main building...who knows!

Upvote 0

Kadee

I've never stayed at the Contemporary. Those rooms look larger than most of the other deluxe rooms. Are they? Or is it just me? I think I would prefer a garden room, but would not mind either one. I love how close it is to the MK.

Upvote 0

Robfasto

The Contemporary and Original Polynesian Rooms all have 422 sq. ft.

The new Polynesian Rooms are 409 sq. ft.

Grand Floridian are 400 sq. ft.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Deluxe are 381 sq. ft. and Standard are 344 sq. ft.

Boardwalk & Yacht & Beach Clubs come in at 380 sq. ft.

With the Wilderness Lodge at 340 sq. ft. which by the way is the same size as the rooms at the Caribbean Beach Resort

Upvote 0

Kadee

Ah Ha! so they are bigger!!! Thank you for that information. I might consider the contemporary for our next trip. My husband is 6'2" (with very broad shoulders), so we need all the extra space we can get. Thank you so much!

Upvote 0

Scooter

My wife and I actually Prefer the wing rooms at The Contemporary.

There is less hustle and bustle and it's quieter.

The tower building elevators are congested in the mornings and around dinner time.

If we do stay in the tower rooms it's always a 12th floor concierge room.

Upvote 0

GTOKID

in 99 we stayed in the tower...was very nice. in 01 stayed in the garden. also nice but walk was further. We are staying in the garden in may (3-7) I can't wait!!! rooms are HUGE next to the allstar. I think you will like it!!!

Upvote 0

Frees Fan

I've only stayed in the garden wings...not the tower. :(

Make sure you ask for a ground floor room so you can enjoy the patio. The second and third floor rooms don't have a balcony. :mad:

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Biggest room on WDW property I've ever seen was a corner room in the Garden Wing. We stayed in a Tower room July 2004 and cousins had this corner room right on Bay Lake next to the Volleyball court. Their room was huge.

Upvote 0

DanStat

Original Poster
Thank you!

Thanks for your help! We've stayed at AKL and WL, so it sounds like the rooms are bigger. We will be considering it.

Thanks again!

PS - If you guys have any more pics, I would love to see them! Thanks, robfasto!

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I have never stayed there, but I have read in many places that the majority of the garden view rooms offer some of the best lake views of any WDW Resort. Very close and no obstruction. (I hate those lake views blocked by trees.)

Upvote 0

jesserin

We loved our garden room - (loved the tower more ;) but when on a budget the garden rooms worked great) - as said above - they are much quieter and are quite enjoyable - however it they are a longer walk. The King rooms are huge - felt more like an apartment than a hotel room and we loved the view of the Water Parade each evening as it sailed past our window.

Upvote 0

jaime_1234

Frees Fan said:
I've only stayed in the garden wings...not the tower. :(

Make sure you ask for a ground floor room so you can enjoy the patio. The second and third floor rooms don't have a balcony. :mad:

That's exactly what I was going to say! The first time we stayed in one of the garden wings we were on the third floor, and even though I enjoyed the elevator ride with the Disney character voices, I still like the ground floor that we stayed in the second time. It was so peaceful I wish I lived there!! Plus, at night we could walk out on our patio and watch the fireworks, which was nice.

And the walk really wasn't that bad; the wing closest to the Magic Kingdom was actually closer to the walkway to the Magic Kingdom than the tower rooms, and the bus stop was just a very short walk away too. Just talking about it makes me miss it! I loved that place!

Upvote 0

JoeyJoe

If an upgrade is available to the tower, would they offer it to you?? Or do you have to ask?? And if you ask, does it cost you more??

Not sure how all this works,, staying at the Contemporary this weekend, and I am booked in the wing room, but hearing mixed reviews.

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

OK, here's my input in response to your questions:

- You can ask OR you can be upgraded as a surprise. If you don't ask for it and they give it to you (which is TOTALLY at their discretion, and you're not likely to know you got an upgrade until you check in,) it will not be an additional charge. If you DO ask for it, then yes, you will pay a considerably higher room rate to secure a tower room. And no, you can't really call and be like "so, um, any chance I'll geta free upgrade?" for obvious reasons - you've sort of gotta take what you get.

- Either way you'll have a pleasant stay - the Contemporary is one of my favorites and I've stayed in both room categories, and they're both very nice. Tower is better in my opinion, but I don't know that I would ever pay the rate they ask for them when Icould get the wings cheaper - I've only stayed in Tower when I was lucky to get TWO umpromtped upgrades in a row.

Upvote 0

JoeyJoe

THANK YOU SO MUCH

You just about answered my question exactly. The hunt is over!

I'll let you know this Saturday if i get the free upgrade!

THANK YOU AGAIN :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom