Construction???

woofboy111

Original Poster
Yesterday I went to Universal, and I rode back to the future. I rode on the top floor on the left side, and while exiting the ride along those ramps, over the trees it looked like a construction site. The ground was all torn up, and there were many trailers sitting around, with a bulldozer here and there. Any ideas of whats going on?

JBloom1029

yeah ive seen that behind men n black, you can see it from that road next to hard rock hotel. I heard once it was gonna be an apollo 13 ride which would be cool.

RogueHabit

Originally posted by JBloom1029
yeah ive seen that behind men n black, you can see it from that road next to hard rock hotel. I heard once it was gonna be an apollo 13 ride which would be cool.
Isn't it a bit late for a ride like that. And, whilst a great movie, I don't think it deserves a ride - IMHO

disney_nutter

Originally posted by JBloom1029

There has been rumors floating around about apollo 13, but on a unoffical universal fan site it said that it would go were kong is but to me it could be a good ride if they were to sit down and think about it, i had a website with the details of this ride i will and try to see if i can find it again.

woofboy111

Original Poster
I think I saw that site once. It everything about the ride, including blueprints. From what I understood, the apollo thirteen ride would be an indoor rollercoaster, with enclosed cars where you look out of portholes at the scenes while riding by. I don't think this will fit in to where Kong is because it's in NY (the same with scorpion King...Egypt???). Between MIB and Back to the future would work because it's in the world showcase section of the park, so space would fit in.

I've also heard that the Apollo 13 ride project is dead, so it may be something else going into that space.

The_CEO

Its a little late for APOLLO dont ya think.. If i was going with one of the two " GUESSES" im going with Scorpion King its not even out yet so its more logical.. If they wanted the Apollo ride they would of done it already... Itstead they put the MIB ride .. Meaning mostlikely APOLLO wasnt even in their heads.... ;) :)

Luau Cove

Apollo13 is not an OLD movie, most of the rides at Universal came some time after the movie and not right on the tick. The movie that made it to the park in less time is MIB which is a really good excuse for a ride. BTTF, Jaws, T2 took a long time too be constructed even them being blockbusters.
-->LUAU

woofboy111

Original Poster
Originally posted by Luau Cove
The movie that made it to the park in less time is MIB which is a really good excuse for a ride.
-->LUAU

Maybe I'm mis-understanding you by this comment, but are you saying this is a bad ride?

Luau Cove

Yeah, you missunderstood me. :eek: I didn't mean the commentary to be ironic in any way. MIB movie gives an excellent theme to this type of attraction which is in fact quite joyful, but it will carry with the weight of being a "Buzz Lightyear" spoof.
-->LUAU

JBloom1029

actually theycame out at the same time and mib was in the works first plus, i like buzz lightyear ride a lot however mib is a lot better ride than buzz lightyear

Luau Cove

No, Buzz Lightyear came far before MIB. This is not my guess, it's a fact. I remember riding Buzz, and people telling me that a similar ride with MIB theme was being constructed on Universal.

-->LUAU

woofboy111

Original Poster
well, no matter who came out with that type of ride first, MIB is still WAY better than buzz lightyear. It would be almost impossible to disagree with that!

Also, neither Disney nor Universal came up with this type of ride. Other companys came out with them first, and then the orlando parks started getting them.

MouseRight

Sorry Woofboy, Buzz gets my vote. MIB went too fast, and I couldn't enjoy enjoy trying to aim, shoot, and see everything going on around me. Maybe because I rode Buzz many times first. I felt that MIB was a copycat just trying to pump up the volume for Gen X'ers.

The_CEO

Yeah but does Buzz put you in the " middle" of the action>? MIB sure does its more realistic then stupid cardboard figures popping up with ZURG written on the side with a magic marker......!! Atleast MIB is a thrill ride and a game in 1...

~Justin....:D

woofboy111

Original Poster
Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
Atleast MIB is a thrill ride and a game in 1...

Personally, I wouldn't consider MIB a thrill ride. Would you call the Cat in the Hat at IoA a thrilll ride? The rides use the exact same ride system, only guns are added to MIBs cars. In some cases I would call the cat in the hat rougher than MIB, because at least on MIB you could control the spinning if you shoot in the right places. True, MIB isn't the longest ride, and it moves a little faster than Buzz lightyear, but the quality of the ride is what makes the difference. Glow in the dark cardboard cutouts vs. animatronic aliens? I'd choose the animatroics.

I've also always been disappointed with Buzz Lightyear. For a disney ride, it seems very very cheap. If i didn't know anything about who came out with the movies and characters, I would say that MIB was a Disney ride and Universal had Buzz baised on ride quality.

Originally posted by MouseRight
Sorry Woofboy, Buzz gets my vote. MIB went too fast, and I couldn't enjoy enjoy trying to aim, shoot, and see everything going on around me. Maybe because I rode Buzz many times first. I felt that MIB was a copycat just trying to pump up the volume for Gen X'ers.
i believe you stole the words right out my mouf

Yeah but does Buzz put you in the " middle" of the action>? MIB sure does its more realistic then stupid cardboard figures popping up with ZURG written on the side with a magic marker......!! Atleast MIB is a thrill ride and a game in 1...

~Justin....:D

what r u talkin bout carboard with zurg written on it.last time i went on it was really technical stuff u wouldn't know about

The_CEO

Plain and simple............. I don't like Buzz I like " Its a Small World " better.................

Buzz = little kiddies MIB = Everyone..

~ Justin .....

Plain and simple............. I don't like Buzz I like " Its a Small World " better.................

Buzz = little kiddies MIB = Everyone..

~ Justin .....
i'm not a little kiddie and i love buzz

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom