Construction restarted at Walt Disney World Resort - What is Actually still on

Nmoody1

With Reflections down is it possible that the River Country plot will be used for something other than a resort?

Not of anything of any value to anyone here.

No theme park
No hotel
No watermark

Storage? Car park? Coach parking? Something glamorous like that

nickys

Premium Member
With Reflections down is it possible that the River Country plot will be used for something other than a resort?
A few years from now (I give it 3-5) they might well dust off the plans again. Or come up with new ones. Possibly a DVC stand-alone resort. Or more cabins. Or “glamping” even, permanent tents you can rent with all mod cons.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Original Poster
A few years from now (I give it 3-5) they might well dust off the plans again. Or come up with new ones. Possibly a DVC stand-alone resort. Or more cabins. Or “glamping” even, permanent tents you can rent with all mod cons.
My hunch is that for DVC we’ll see another conversion next, something like BLT2 or more VGF. It’s cheaper.

So I’d guess something different here as you say.

castlecake2.0

I wonder if they’ll do anything with the site in the mean time? I hope they’re not planning just leaving a construction fence up. Reforest it a bit maybe?

biggy H

I wonder if they’ll do anything with the site in the mean time? I hope they’re not planning just leaving a construction fence up. Reforest it a bit maybe?

I suspect they will leave it as is. Why spend money when they probably already know at what point they will restart the project or start something else in that space. They left River Country in a sorry state for years.

castlecake2.0

I suspect they will leave it as is. Why spend money when they probably already know at what point they will restart the project or start something else in that space. They left River Country in a sorry state for years.
That’s true, this is just much more visible than river country was. I’m hoping they at least push the walk back a bit and open up the beach area again at the fort. Im also missing the bike path over to hé lodge.

JoeCamel

That’s true, this is just much more visible than river country was. I’m hoping they at least push the walk back a bit and open up the beach area again at the fort. Im also missing the bike path over to hé lodge.
Or they could get a fleet of 4 wheelers and let people go nuts

owlsandcoffee

Fort Wilderness Resort needs a shot in the arm, and I don't think a DVC resort that looks like a convention center is gonna do it. The need for a water park like River Country has passed especially with the two other water parks in Disney World. Maybe some sort of attraction or ride? Once upon a time there was gonna be a little Westernland somewhere around FW. Not gonna happen but would be cool.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This...is totally wrong

1618198656071.jpeg

doctornick

Was trying to find a more appropriate thread to put this in regarding something going into the SGE building...

They actually do care, though. Right before the Covid closure, a team of imagineers was preparing a new attraction for the space. They were SO close to getting the green light that the demo permits were already being filed. Unfortunately, I would not be surprised if the PatF budget is partially being funded by redirected funds from the Stitch replacement.

Has anyone else heard about this or have any additional information? What was going to be the theme of the Stitch replacement? It would certainly be a nice pickup to hear that something new will actually be built in that space instead of it just remaining vacant as it has.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom