Construction restarted at Walt Disney World Resort - What is Actually still on

_caleb

I looked into doing this, but it's hard to really gauge. So many rumors have a multitude of people weighing in on them. If someone weighs in on it and gives a piece of the puzzle how much do you count that?
And info comes and goes. Some people come across info in different ways so no one knows everything except for.......
I agree. A true insider is someone who knows what’s being discussed, planned, decided, and these things are constantly changing. So it can’t be about “accurate predictions” (though some would-be insiders try to use this as evidence of their insider status).

Some here who have proven themselves to be reliable sources—not only of new information, but filling in the behind-the-scenes conversations and processes. And with a company as big as Disney, there are lots of people who are privy to narrow pieces of information—contractors, for example.

And then there are the “insiders” who pop in periodically with some new piece of information, start a new thread, hold court for a couple hundred pages worth of posts, and then disappear into the night.

We haven’t had one of those in a while. Seems like we might be due for one of those.

The Visionary Soul

I agree. A true insider is someone who knows what’s being discussed, planned, decided, and these things are constantly changing. So it can’t be about “accurate predictions” (though some would-be insiders try to use this as evidence of their insider status).

Some here who have proven themselves to be reliable sources—not only of new information, but filling in the behind-the-scenes conversations and processes. And with a company as big as Disney, there are lots of people who are privy to narrow pieces of information—contractors, for example.

And then there are the “insiders” who pop in periodically with some new piece of information, start a new thread, hold court for a couple hundred pages worth of posts, and then disappear into the night.

We haven’t had one of those in a while. Seems like we might be due for one of those.
You rang?

The Visionary Soul

I’m assuming you, @pheneix, @WDW Pro, @LiterallyNobody, @WDW1974, @the.dreamfinder, @Ronnie Sanford, and others all hang out together in the Kodak Lounge in the Imagination Pavilion.

But then again, I’ve never seen any of you in the same room together.
Oh, some of us have absolutely been in the same room together. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it didn't happen. In fact, some of us don't even know that we've been in the same room together. Think about THAT for a second!

EPCOT-O.G.

I’m assuming you, @pheneix, @WDW Pro, @LiterallyNobody, @WDW1974, @the.dreamfinder, @Ronnie Sanford, and others all hang out together in the Kodak Lounge in the Imagination Pavilion.

I unambiguously love each of those members. They add a lot of entertainment and speculation and discussion. And, as someone’s hinted, what may be true or “the plan” today can change drastically over time: See, The Mary Poppins attraction. It was formally announced. Likely far along if not completed at the design phase. Then just kind of memory-holed. Never cancelled. Will it ever come back? Who knows? Does that make Chapek an unreliable source?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

I've never seen any of them in the same room as Batman.
Coincidence Reaction GIF

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Does anyone know if the refurb has resumed at All Star Music?
The best info I have seen is a Facebook post that “there’s a lot of activity at All Star Sports”.

If they’re doing construction at AS S than they must have finished ASMu. But I’m not sure they are.

2 of the ASMu buildings left to be done at closing (6-7) are ones that face ASMo, so hopefully we will know soon enough.

Bioreconstruct posted a photo a month ago that showed construction trailers parked between movies and music, but no other evidence of active construction.

DisneyDreamer08

The best info I have seen is a Facebook post that “there’s a lot of activity at All Star Sports”.

If they’re doing construction at AS S than they must have finished ASMu. But I’m not sure they are.

2 of the ASMu buildings left to be done at closing (6-7) are ones that face ASMo, so hopefully we will know soon enough.

Bioreconstruct posted a photo a month ago that showed construction trailers parked between movies and music, but no other evidence of active construction.
Thanks so much for the update!

CastAStone

Premium Member
Original Poster
This was the most recent thread in relation to the Reflections Hotel Project, but the on-site trailer offices are now set for removal:

When people want to know why we trust some of the insiders here...this is a great project to point them to:

April 2020
Speculation at this point, but Jim and @lentesta discussed the possibility of this being delayed or cancelled.
April 2020
I’d keep an eye on Reflections.
June 2020
We received word project 89 is cancelled crews have been seen onsite removing the rebar and concrete from this project.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

This was the most recent thread in relation to the Reflections Hotel Project, but the on-site trailer offices are now set for removal:

Yup - it's dead.
I'm just really concerned for any "early adopters" that bought into DVC at this "home site" :(. Just me, I think a full refund would be the right thing to do :(.

CastAStone

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yup - it's dead.
I'm just really concerned for any "early adopters" that bought into DVC at this "home site" :(. Just me, I think a full refund would be the right thing to do :(.

Reflections never went on sale. No contracts were sold there.
Yeah...Disney typically doesn’t open a new DVC for sale until they’re basically decorating the rooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom