Construction restarted at Walt Disney World Resort - What is Actually still on

WDW Pro

_caleb

The restaurant was able to resume construction once replacement glass came in. Very specific and specialized item.
I asked this in the Space 220 thread (which is a ghost town), but it is construction-related:

Now that work on Space 220 has resumed, any indications that there will be any external theming—as in, a nanotube cable extending through the roof to a counterweight anchor in space (or something that resembles this)?

Haymarket2008

I asked this in the Space 220 thread (which is a ghost town), but it is construction-related:

I seem to recall someone saying that the Space 220 exterior in the Epcot revamp concept art released last year was purely an artistic liberty/enhancement and there won't be a giant "pole" sticking into the heavens.

_caleb

I seem to recall someone saying that the Space 220 exterior in the Epcot revamp concept art released last year was purely an artistic liberty/enhancement and there won't be a giant "pole" sticking into the heavens.
Yeah, I remember that, too. I‘m just curious. Seems like they’d want to do something visible from the outside that might make people want to eat there. Not sure if this part of Epcot is in the no-flyover zone, but maybe they could stick a laser pointer on the roof to simulate the elevator cable at night?

Has anyone seen a current aerial image of Space 220? The one in the post linked above didn’t show that perspective and Bioreconstruct didn’t seem to have a recent one focused in that direction.

WDW Pro

Yeah, I remember that, too. I‘m just curious. Seems like they’d want to do something visible from the outside that might make people want to eat there. Not sure if this part of Epcot is in the no-flyover zone, but maybe they could stick a laser pointer on the roof to simulate the elevator cable at night?

Has anyone seen a current aerial image of Space 220? The one in the post linked above didn’t show that perspective and Bioreconstruct didn’t seem to have a recent one focused in that direction.

I'll have to check before I say... plans definitely could have changed in the last six months. Give me a day or so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom