Construction restarted at Walt Disney World Resort - What is Actually still on

raymusiccity

Nice list!

Besides the GF walkway and TTC work, there was also work right at the MK entrance.

We've gotten confirmation that Spaceship Earth will open as is in July. Nothing actually started there. And if it does start, not likely until January 2021 (if not pushed off even further).

As far as the Epcot Spine goes, if we do see construction, it'll be unknown what it's for unless one of insiders tells us what's happening definitively. If it's going to simply be paved over with everything planned on indefinite hold, that's actually a new project and not a restart. Then there's the status of Innoventions West: It's standing, but not supposed to be. Will it be razed, boarded up, or repurposed?

I'd make the spine a separate table:

Epcot Entrance transportation configuration [started]
Epcot Entrance walkway (was Leave a Legacy) [started]
Epcot Entrance fountain [started]
Merchandise Renovation (Mousegears) [started]
Dining Renovation (Electric Umbrella) [started]
Hub: Festival Center [not started]
Hub: Fountain [not started]
Hub: Dreamer's Point [not started]
Hub: Wishing Tree [not started]
Hub: Party Area [not started]
Hub: Pave it all over [not started]
Innoventions West: [raze, board, or re-use]
Journey of Water [not started]
Spaceship Earth [start delayed]
I'm betting that out of your entire list, 'Pave it all over' is the clear front runner!!

Captain Neo

Awhile back there was a lot of talk of shutting down Space Mountain after Tron opens for a major reconstruction/refurb. Any chance of that still happening? Seems like that kind of needs to happen in the near future anyway.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Awhile back there was a lot of talk of shutting down Space Mountain after Tron opens for a major reconstruction/refurb. Any chance of that still happening? Seems like that kind of needs to happen in the near future anyway.
I wonder if theyll wait until Splash either goes down or the project gets "paused" to do Space. Even with Tron open, would it be wise for a hurting Disney to pull two of it's big E Tickets at once?

celluloid

I wonder if theyll wait until Splash either goes down or the project gets "paused" to do Space. Even with Tron open, would it be wise for a hurting Disney to pull two of it's big E Tickets at once?

Not at all, since that probably lowers their capacity limit, which means even less money made.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom