Construction restarted at Walt Disney World Resort - What is Actually still on

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Construction has restarted at WDW. Here's what we know has been restarted. Feel free to contribute knowledge as we learn more and I'll update this post. Let me know what projects I missed too.

Last updated 7/15
Projects Underway at ClosingWork Status
Cinderella's Castle RepaintingResumed
Tron CoasterResumed
MK Entry WorkResumed
TTC workResumed
Grand Floridian Walkway BridgeResumed
RatatouilleResumed
Play! PavillionStill on
Space 220Unknown
Epcot Transportation Hub workStill on
Epcot Entrance WalkwayResumed
Epcot Main GiftshopUnknown
Fmr. Electric UmbrellaUnknown
Guardians CoasterStill on
HarmoniousUnknown
Animal Kingdom entranceResumed
AoA RefurbUnknown
All Star Music RefurbUnknown
Saratoga Springs RefurbResumed
ReflectionsCANCELLED
Star Wars HotelResumed

Evolving Epcot ProjectsStatus at closingCurrent Status
Innoventions Northwest teardownStartedNot restarted
Pin Traders removal and central area workStartedNot restarted
Journey of WaterPending Innoventions removalNot Started
Festival CenterNot StartedNot Started
FountainNot StartedNot Started
Dreamers PointPending Pin Traders removalNot Started
Wishing TreeNot StartedNot Started
Party AreaNot StartedNot Started
Spaceship EarthNot StartedDelayed
Mary PoppinsNot StartedCANCELLED

Technically, by Disney's own announcements:
  • The Festival Center is now going to "take a different approach," in other words, on pause while being redesigned.
  • Also, Poppins is "paused," not cancelled.

Last edited:

WDW Pro

Technically, by Disney's own announcements:
  • The Festival Center is now going to "take a different approach," in other words, on pause while being redesigned.
  • Also, Poppins is "paused," not postponed.

They've confirmed Poppins would require review before being green lit again. That's Disney speak for "on ice". The original plans are unlikely to ever see the light of day.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They've confirmed Poppins would require review before being green lit again. That's Disney speak for "on ice". The original plans are unlikely to ever see the light of day.

Well, if something is paused or suspended or delayed, then when the time comes to undo the pause and start it, it's just common sense that there would be a process of reevaluating the project as something they want to go ahead with as planned or not. While 'unlikely,' there's still the chance that they'll just use the plans on hand.

So... "paused."

SirWillow

Well, if something is paused or suspended or delayed, then when the time comes to undo the pause and start it, it's just common sense that there would be a process of reevaluating the project as something they want to go ahead with as planned or not. While 'unlikely,' there's still the chance that they'll just use the plans on hand.

So... "paused."

it's as paused as the theater that they were building behind Main Street. Disneyspeak for canceled.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Will you be updating items when the work is complete? Not sure but the castle repainting might be done??
I plan to, but I haven’t actually seen any pictures where there weren’t still cranes lingering in a dried up moat. That project isn’t done IMO until the vehicles are gone and the moat is watered.

Have I missed something? If I have please let me know!

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Original Poster
So my uneducated guesses:
Rataoullie- Christmas 2020

Tron- 2021 in time for the 50th

Guardians Summer 2022
I think Guardians will be much sooner than that. They’ll want to have Guardians and Tron ready for whenever people are willing to travel again.

SJN1279

I think Guardians will be much sooner than that. They’ll want to have Guardians and Tron ready for whenever people are willing to travel again.

I honestly wouldn't mind a delay into 2022, because it gives people a reason to return. Opening 3 new attractions in 2021, with not much coming after due to Covid budget cuts(outside of a Splash overlay), doesn't make much sense.

kurtk

I plan to, but I haven’t actually seen any pictures where there weren’t still cranes lingering in a dried up moat. That project isn’t done IMO until the vehicles are gone and the moat is watered.

Have I missed something? If I have please let me know!
I have no knowledge either. Just seemed like they were getting close and maybe a little wishful thinking on my part.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I honestly wouldn't mind a delay into 2022, because it gives people a reason to return. Opening 3 new attractions in 2021, with not much coming after due to Covid budget cuts(outside of a Splash overlay), doesn't make much sense.
It would surprise me, but wouldn’t, if they used GotG for Epcot’s 40th. Totally wrong of course but it’d be poignant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom