Construction restarted at Walt Disney World Resort - What is Actually still on

Seanual757

By "removing rebate and concrete" are we talking"

Cleaning up the job site and mothballed work already done?

Or

Jackhammer and bulldozer, returning the site to an unimproved condition?

From what were told everything was pulled out and the land will be returned to pre-construction. I would expect at a later date a new project will emerge on the former site but for now this project is gone.

Nubs70

From what were told everything was pulled out and the land will be returned to pre-construction. I would expect at a later date a new project will emerge on the former site but for now this project is gone.
My take from the above information is that the economic impact from Covid is seen as greater than the resulting mothball of PoP Century complex expansion post 9/11.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Original Poster
There will likely be great deals to be had on the resale market. Would you really buy into Riviera when you can get a great deal on BW or BLT or VGF or Kidani?
SSR, VGF, Poly and BWV have all seen meaningful price drops this year.

floydbeatle

SSR, VGF, Poly and BWV have all seen meaningful price drops this year.

Certainly, trending lower, but IMO I would not categorize them as "meaningful." VGF's average price is only 5% lower than its previous low in May '19 (Using just the chart posted). The poly is showing around 15%, but it was already trending downward prior to COVID. For me I would need to see some significant fire sales for me to jump back in on a purchase and I just don't see it. Also, I would be interested to know if the pressure on prices are on the larger point contracts vs. smaller point packages. I don't pretend to be an economist, but it doesn't seem like the economic distress cased by COVID-19 has truly hit the DVC resale market.

nickys

Premium Member
Really pre-construction?

As in digging up all the pipework etc? That I could see, maybe.

But returning the land to pre-construction would mean planting wild grass, trees etc. (Not to mention crumbling fences, water slides, etc., which is clearly being facetious). Even so, I assume your version of “the land returned to pre-construction” is different to what some of us are picturing. Just a clear, flat earth-covered piece of land, right?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Really pre-construction?

But returning the land to pre-construction would mean planting wild grass, trees etc. (Not to mention crumbling fences, water slides, etc., which is clearly being facetious). Even so, I assume your version of “the land returned to pre-construction” is different to what some of us are picturing. Just a clear, flat earth-covered piece of land, right?

They would definitely want to plant something to control erosion.

Seanual757

Really pre-construction?

Correct I would imagine they will grade the land back out and drop seed and let nature take over until the next project.

kurtk

I didn't see any pictures from Bio on the area outside the gates at Epcot. Did I just miss them? Seems weird to be restarting construction on the entrances to MK and AK but not Epcot. Not talking about the FW stuff but the security and tram work.

Thelazer

Well it has to be made "Safe" so for example, leaving anything such as rebar or pipe around that someone could "explore" and get hurt on is a big no no.. So clear it out, grass it, plant some tree's and bushes and call it a day.

peter11435

I didn't see any pictures from Bio on the area outside the gates at Epcot. Did I just miss them? Seems weird to be restarting construction on the entrances to MK and AK but not Epcot. Not talking about the FW stuff but the security and tram work.
The security and tram work at Epcot is structurally complete and was in use pre shut down. The work taking place out there now is largely ornamental and cosmetic.

kurtk

The security and tram work at Epcot is structurally complete and was in use pre shut down. The work taking place out there now is largely ornamental and cosmetic.
Were both sides complete and in use? I know one tram path was complete and in use but I thought the other one was not quite ready yet.

djlaosc

Correct Tron Work has not continued we were told it could be October for any more concrete deliveries. They may put up the side panels to complete the enclosure but we were told expect no concrete on site until October.

Does anyone know for Shanghai how long it took between concrete being on site and the ride opening?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom