Construction restarted at Walt Disney World Resort - What is Actually still on

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Construction has restarted at WDW. Here's what we know has been restarted. Feel free to contribute knowledge as we learn more and I'll update this post. Let me know what projects I missed too.

Last updated 6/18
Projects Underway at ClosingWork Status
Cinderella's Castle RepaintingComplete
Tron CoasterResumed
MK Entry WorkComplete
TTC workResumed
Grand Floridian Walkway BridgeComplete
RatatouilleComplete;
opening 10/1
Play! PavillionResumed
Space 220Resumed
Epcot Transportation Hub workStill on
Epcot Entrance WalkwayComplete
Epcot Main GiftshopResumed
Fmr. Electric UmbrellaResumed
Guardians CoasterResumed
HarmoniousTacoed
Woody's Backyard BarbecueResumed?
Animal Kingdom entranceComplete
AoA RefurbComplete
Wilderness Lodge RefurbComplete
All Star Music RefurbResumed
Saratoga Springs RefurbResumed
ReflectionsCANCELLED
Star Wars HotelResumed

Evolving Epcot ProjectsStatus at closingCurrent Status
Innoventions Northwest teardownStartedComplete
Pin Traders removal and central area workStartedRestarted
Journey of WaterPending Innoventions removalRestarted
Festival CenterNot StartedNew Approach
FountainNot StartedNot Started
Dreamers PointPending Pin Traders removalNot Started
Wishing TreeNot StartedNot Started
Party AreaNot StartedNot Started
Spaceship EarthNot StartedDelayed
Mary PoppinsNot StartedPaused
at least

Last edited:

Mainahman

Makes you wonder if they will look to keep resorts under some form of construction closed, to speed up that construction through the time of lower crowds, or just try to get as much done as they can before they have to start opening some.

Surferboy567

They should start to finish up Rat especially. Since it’s so close to completion

I would divert teams to Rat, TRON, Epcot Spine/Entrance and Guardians and continue since those projects are so far along and are unlikely to be affected. They are also “critical” items at least to me.

It is good they started to finish the castle

EDIT: Of course Guardians and the spine could be effected especially the spine but I still think these are critical projects. The crater needs to have something done.

John park hopper

Construction has restarted at WDW. Here's what we know has been restarted. Feel free to contribute knowledge as we learn more and I'll update this post. Let me know what projects I missed too.
ProjectStatus
Cinderella's Castle RepaintingRestarted
Tron CoasterUnknown
TTC workRestarted
Grand Floridian Walkway BridgeRestarted
RatatouilleUnknown
Spaceship EarthUnknown
Play! PavillionUnknown
Space 220Unknown
Epcot EntranceUnknown
Epcot SpineUnknown
Guardian's CoasterUnknown
HarmoniousUnknown
AoA RefurbUnknown
All Star Music RefurbUnknown
SSR RefurbUnknown
Animal Kingdom Lodge RefurbUnknown
ReflectionsUnknown
Star Wars HotelUnknown
WOW the 50th should start October 2021 that gives them 15 months to start and complete all projects-- at Disney's pace of construction it doses't seem like a long time. How many think the 50th anniversary will be a big let down?

Haymarket2008

Starting with the important Magic Kingdom projects that effect guest flow is the smart thing to do. I would imagine they'd wrap up the Epcot/Animal Kingdom entrance experiences next for that reason. And all of those types of projects were nearing completion anyway.

lazyboy97o

I would divert teams to Rat, TRON, Epcot Spine/Entrance and Guardians and continue since those projects are so far along and are unlikely to be affected. They are also “critical” items at least to me.
Disney can't move employees from Company A to go work for Company B. There are also very different trades involved depending on where a project is in its construction.

mergatroid

They should start to finish up Rat especially. Since it’s so close to completion

It is good they started to finish the castle

EDIT: Of course Guardians and the spine could be effected especially the spine but I still think these are critical projects. The crater needs to have something done.

I heard that the filming for Guardians ride won't start till they start filming Guardians 3, which has been delayed. So when Guardians 3 starts filming it's up to the producers at what point they fit in the filming of the attraction footage though you'd imagine that won't take long?

Surferboy567

I heard that the filming for Guardians ride won't start till they start filming Guardians 3, which has been delayed. So when Guardians 3 starts filming it's up to the producers at what point they fit in the filming of the attraction footage though you'd imagine that won't take long?

This is accurate...I’ve actually been keeping up with the production of Guardians for this reason (I also really like the movies). I would imagine though they would still want to finish the actual ride and show building first this way it is only a matter of putting the images up on the projection walls. They also have to get a move on if they want to finish this in a sort of timely way.

EDIT: I also don’t think it would take very long to produce the footage either. As long as production is underway.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
ProjectStatus
Cinderella's Castle RepaintingRestarted 6/3
Tron CoasterUnknown
TTC workRestarted 6/3
Grand Floridian Walkway BridgeRestarted 6/3
RatatouilleUnknown
Spaceship EarthUnknown
Play! PavillionUnknown
Space 220Unknown
Epcot EntranceUnknown
Epcot SpineUnknown
Guardians CoasterUnknown
HarmoniousUnknown
Animal Kingdom entranceUnknown
AoA RefurbUnknown
All Star Music RefurbUnknown
SSR RefurbUnknown
Animal Kingdom Lodge RefurbUnknown
ReflectionsUnknown
Star Wars HotelUnknown
16 "unknowns" and 3 "restarted", which basically had to be finished either way. The News and Rumors forums continues to get diminished with randomness.

In all fairness, at least this thread title
didn't end in a question mark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom