Construction bids going out for TLM attraction?

Animaniac93-98

The earliest stages of construction have begun for it at DCA. I'm really hoping it will start soon at MK, and that construction for this attraction will be done similarly to how HM was done. Build 2 of everything and ship half to Florida when it's ready to be installed.

I will welcome this to MK with open arms and a smile on my face if this happens and I will not complain.

goodtimes5286

to be honest i dont really like it. if there gonna go water at MK, why not go with nemo? The movie made way more then the stitch we see EVERYWHERE and theres an AMAZINGLY popular nemo ride in DL (ive NEVER seen a line that long in my LIFE). Why go back to the little mermaid, it seams too dated to me to be a NEW attraction with draw.

How good is attendance for the mermaid show at DHS? The park that had the LEAST people attending for 2008?

krankenstein

Original Poster
to be honest i dont really like it. if there gonna go water at MK, why not go with nemo? The movie made way more then the stitch we see EVERYWHERE and theres an AMAZINGLY popular nemo ride in DL (ive NEVER seen a line that long in my LIFE). Why go back to the little mermaid, it seams too dated to me to be a NEW attraction with draw.

How good is attendance for the mermaid show at DHS? The park that had the LEAST people attending for 2008?

It's not in water, try immersive omnimover dark ride on the scale of HM. And, you have Nemo already at TLS. :wave:

goodtimes5286

It's not in water, try immersive omnimover dark ride on the scale of HM. And, you have Nemo already at TLS. :wave:
TLS?

and still im not saying we dont need another dark ride, but i just dont think the little mermaid was a good choice. And the reason i brought up nemo is b/c there both based around water, wall-E and little mermaid didnt really feel like a fair compairson (even though id MUCH rather see wall-e)

krankenstein

Original Poster
TLS?

and still im not saying we dont need another dark ride, but i just dont think the little mermaid was a good choice. And the reason i brought up nemo is b/c there both based around water, wall-E and little mermaid didnt really feel like a fair compairson (even though id MUCH rather see wall-e)

Sorry, The Seas with Nemo and Friends.

TLS = The Living Seas, I had a brain fart... :brick: :lol:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

Two Nemo attractions at WDW already. The Seas and the musical at Animal Kingdom.

TLS?

The Living Seas.

I, for one, am happy to see a Little Mermaid dark ride. TLM was not only a great movie (as was Nemo), but also the rebirth of Disney animation. The show at DHS is nice, but not a proper recognition of the importance of TLM. In addition, TLM is a far better fit in Fantasyland then Nemo would be, IMHO.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ The Living Seas. Mermaid is a perfect choice since a) it`s a classic, b) it was the start of the rennaisance of Disney Animation and c) DCA has paid for the R&D.

I heard it may have been greenlit again a few months back but can`t confirm it.

tirian

I, for one, am happy to see a Little Mermaid dark ride. TLM was not only a great movie (as was Nemo), but also the rebirth of Disney animation. The show at DHS is nice, but not a proper recognition of the importance of TLM. In addition, TLM is a far better fit in Fantasyland then Nemo would be, IMHO.

Also, the show scenes actually work better in the dark ride at Epcot than in the subs in DL. Strange but true, especially since the Nemo subs are much more elaborate in California.

SirGoofy

No, no more Nemo. We already have a huge musical show, and an entire pavilion at Epcot dedicated to the fish, and TLM is one of the most popular animated films of all time.

And don't compare what this attraction will be compared to the show at DHS. The ride could make the show look like SGE.

TLS?

The Living Seas=TLS

marsrunner

TLS?

TLS = The Living Seas, and its pretty much the same thing as the Sub ride at DL.
You do realize that TLM has sold north of 30 million copies on various video incarnations, right? And made over $200 million in its original run (which is pretty impressive considering it was the beginning of the animated resurgence for Disney)?
TLM will more than likely swallow huge crowds and is a big attraction that the MK desperately needs. Sorry you don't feel its a good choice, but its a great choice.

marsrunner

Also, the show scenes actually work better in the dark ride at Epcot than in the subs in DL. Strange but true, especially since the Nemo subs are much more elaborate in California.
The sub ride is much better in my opinion. There's a couple of added scenes and a couple of funny jokes that aren't in the seacab version. The seagulls in the lagoon are cute. Unfortunately the incredibly slow loading time doesn't make up for it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
^ The Living Seas. Mermaid is a perfect choice since a) it`s a classic, b) it was the start of the rennaisance of Disney Animation and c) DCA has paid for the R&D.

I heard it may have been greenlit again a few months back but can`t confirm it.
They could be bidding it even if it is not green lit. Most construction companies, especially in this climate, do not charge to bid a job. On projects of this nature and scale most construction companies will actually have to pay the client for the opportunity to bid (cost is equivalent to the cost of the plans). Even if all they are doing is formulating a budget to submit they really aren't out any capital by only bidding a job.

EpcotServo

I just got excited we might get the Little Mermaid Ride.

Then I got disappointed when I realized it will be built where one of the best rides ever was brutally destroyed.

SirGoofy

I just got excited we might get the Little Mermaid Ride.

Then I got disappointed when I realized it will be built where one of the best rides ever was brutally destroyed.

Servo, just be glad MK may be getting it's first E-ticket in 17(Well by the time it's done 18 or 19?) years.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom