Connor v. Nature

Connor002

Original Poster

Well, howdy y'all!
:lookaroun

The past 5 days were interesting... as some of you may know, I was on vacation to Pinegrove Dude Ranch (Currently being renamed to "Pinegrove Ranch and Family Resort) in the Catskills of New York.

With my digital camera in hand, I've managed to capture a bit of the "fun" to show you. So sit back, grab your hats and glasses, 'cause this here's the wildest ride in... Connor's recent adventures! :lookaroun

Connor002

Original Poster
StarrTours_1.jpg

[Not my picture]

Let's see now... Monday Morning did not start out well.
First off: I hate morning!
Secondly: I was thirsty. Where are the stewardesses when you need them?:lookaroun

Connor002

Original Poster
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride and National Treasure later (also know as about 4 hours), we arrived at the Pinegrove Ranch and Family Resort in Kerhonkson, New York.

Connor002

Original Poster
The first day we settled into our room, which was... "rustic."
It could use some work, but on the whole, was not terrible.

Connor002

Original Poster
It can't direct link pictures for the website, so here's the Resort's Official Website.

Well, day one was reserved for wandering around and exploring the resort, followed by dinner.
The dinning room was set up to create a family/group atmosphere; each table had room for about 12 people. One the first day you picked a table where you would sit for the week. Your table, with whom you probably sat with others you did not previously know, became your family for the week.

Connor002

Original Poster
May as well mention this now...

The majority of our group (those of us staying Monday-Friday) consisted of... well... the elderly. There were about 10 kids, ranging for [estimated] 5 to 14. Also, there were about 6 mentally disabled guests.

Connor002

Original Poster
Each table was assigned a server for the week, or, more specifically, one server was assigned about two tables that were to be their responsibility for the week. We had a very nice Latino woman named "Elsy." Unfortunately, she, like much of the kitchen staff, spoke only limited English. Nevertheless, she was always cheerful, work extremely hard, and her attempt to speak as much of our native tongue as she could proved her dedication. I commend her...

Connor002

Original Poster
dandaman said:
Looks like Wilderness Lodge. :lol:

Are you planning to Photoshop yourself out of all your pictures? :lookaroun
I took the pictures. Getting in one would be difficult.
Alas, not many reflective surfaces. :lookaroun

Connor002

Original Poster
Around 2:00 on Day One, they opened the front desk for Horseback Riding sign-ups. I put my name down for three times (Once each day; the maximum guaranteed amount of rides; otherwise, you could wait in a standby line).

Connor002

Original Poster
I'm sure some things happened between 2 and when I went to sleep, but I don't remember much of it, so.... Day Two is coming soon! :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom