Connections Cafe and Eatery

correcaminos

To me, EU looked horribly uninviting. And the burger I had was also horrible. So, I can see why EU didn't do gangbuster business.

Connections is open and breezy and inviting. It has a Starbucks. And the burgers are good (do *not* get the pizza!). So, I get why it's suddenly popular. It's a victim of being actually good.

They could put more outdoor seating with umbrellas on the Cosmic Rewind side.

At least the construction walls are preventing them from the temptation to put back more outdoor seating in the hub to increase its congestion.

Funny thing is people would say how that area needed a good food joint, even though EU was right there.
The pizza wasn't that bad! Not special but not gross at least. Compared to Sunshines which has been in massive decline for years, this is a great spot (pizza included) comparatively.

My kid had a thing for Electric Umbrella (don't ask) and it was always very busy at lunch. I expect this to be as well.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The pizza wasn't that bad! Not special but not gross at least. Compared to Sunshines which has been in massive decline for years, this is a great spot (pizza included) comparatively.

My kid had a thing for Electric Umbrella (don't ask) and it was always very busy at lunch. I expect this to be as well.
I'm a NY-area pizza snob, tho!!

If one wants pizza, go to the Italy pavilion.

correcaminos

I'm a NY-area pizza snob, tho!!

If one wants pizza, go to the Italy pavilion.
To each their own, but no thanks. Theirs is far overpriced for what you get. I mean it's like a decent mom and pop shop, but the cost? Nah. I'm a midwest pizza snob who appreciates NY style over Chicago by miles, but I even have my limits on what I'll pay.

Not all pizza has to be phenomenal. Connections is passable for me. I do prefer a thicker than NY style crust too so connections is okay enough. I'm not a red meat eater so I appreciate having decent pizza for when I want my carbs.

bhg469

To each their own, but no thanks. Theirs is far overpriced for what you get. I mean it's like a decent mom and pop shop, but the cost? Nah. I'm a midwest pizza snob who appreciates NY style over Chicago by miles, but I even have my limits on what I'll pay.

Not all pizza has to be phenomenal. Connections is passable for me. I do prefer a thicker than NY style crust too so connections is okay enough. I'm not a red meat eater so I appreciate having decent pizza for when I want my carbs.
Thin crust down here is so tough. I have yet to eat a pizza down here that didn't feel like i was exercising my jaw.

Bocabear

It is brand new, looks inviting, it is also a central hub currently... you must walk along the glass windows to get anywhere in the park....so that sets up a situation where you are being funneled past the doors... makes it easier to decide to go in and get out of the heat.
Also there are no other choices for anyth8ing nearby... no more quick serve in WOL, no more quick serve at the Fountain View, no more quick serve at Odyssey... So the food choices in Future World are only this or the Land food court...for the entire front half of the park.
I am happy they cleared off the windows and opened up this bright fresh space... but until more dining opens, this is going to be crowded... Will the rebuilt corner of Communicore West have a quick serve? if so I am sure it would be busy too.

correcaminos

Thin crust down here is so tough. I have yet to eat a pizza down here that didn't feel like i was exercising my jaw.
I'm used to chewy crusts here. Connections was far from chewy to me. It was actually fluffy really. Some other pizza joints trying to emulate NY style that I've seen in FL are rather tough. But no jaw issues.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
no more quick serve at the Fountain View,
The Starbucks that was Fountain View is now the Starbucks in Connections. Not that Fountain View had adequate seating, either.

They need something more filling in the area between Creations and TestTrack other than popcorn. Maybe Turkey Legs or waffle sandwiches, or hot dogs; along with a tented seating area.

TrainsOfDisney

The Starbucks that was Fountain View is now the Starbucks in Connections. Not that Fountain View had adequate seating, either.

They need something more filling in the area between Creations and TestTrack other than popcorn. Maybe Turkey Legs or waffle sandwiches, or hot dogs; along with a tented seating area.
I miss the original fountain view cafe so much. It did have seating both indoors and out and was a great place to get coffee and a breakfast that wasn’t the typical Starbucks menu.

They need the OG fountain view cafe AND Starbucks, similar to how Disneyland has both Starbucks and Jolly Holiday.

Magic Feather

Another thing to consider is that the majority of guests are effectively forced to walk right alongside the building in their few few minutes of the day, and with giant windows, guests can see the food and remember that there’s “that restaurant towards the front that looked good”, for when they have lunch or dinner. Additionally, Guardians draws more people to that area, keeping crowds high. Once the full hub opens, I’d expect crowds to drop a little bit simply by virtue of not having its discovery forced onto them.

aladdin2007

after stepping in the other day, this is nothing more than a school or hospital like cafeteria at its best, at least electric umbrella had some cool colors. You would never know you were in a Disney park or Epcot. I think another problem is you have starbucks crammed into the same building, they really dont think things through anymore.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Since it's been open for a month or two Is Sunshine seasons still getting their Fair share of guests? Or is it just the guest bypassed for LWTL and Soarin?

DCBaker

Premium Member
A large frame has been added to the rolling pin wall - menu board?

7419E9E7-6D6F-4F78-9529-FBB0C5321060.jpeg

tparris

Slightly off topic but not really: I’m moving to Orlando in three days and starting a full time QS food & beverage position at WDW at the start of July, and I’m kinda hoping I’ll end up at Connections for multiple reasons. Mainly because EPCOT is my favorite park and the floor to ceiling windows would give me a lot to look at throughout the day. Fingers crossed!

bhg469

Slightly off topic but not really: I’m moving to Orlando in three days and starting a full time QS food & beverage position at WDW at the start of July, and I’m kinda hoping I’ll end up at Connections for multiple reasons. Mainly because EPCOT is my favorite park and the floor to ceiling windows would give me a lot to look at throughout the day. Fingers crossed!
Good luck! I'm sure wherever you end up, you'll enjoy it. It's also not unheard of to be moved around if you want to.

tparris

Good luck! I'm sure wherever you end up, you'll enjoy it. It's also not unheard of to be moved around if you want to.
Thanks! It’s been my dream job to be a CM for as long as I can remember going to the parks, which is something close to 15 years. This will be my first time moving out from home (I’m 20) and I’m super excited to start this new chapter in my life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom