Connections Cafe and Eatery

MagicHappens1971

Is it true you can get the waffle in the morning without all the added stuff at the Starbucks? I would love that waffle with just the pearl sugar, nothing else! And is it just in the morning or can you get it all day in the cafe?
They do have it at Starbucks and I believe you can get it all day. People say not to get it bc it’s “cold” but I’ve had them “fresh” from the eatery 3 times now and it has not once been warm so I would just go for it

Railfan Andrew

100% what I thought when I first walked into the place. I don't mind wall mural. But even that looks like something from an airport.
Creations Shop didn't really impress me either. I went on my birthday (January 11th), so Connections Cafe was still under construction.

I missed being able to see where the old elevator from Centorium was (It was completely removed), along with all the different designs in the ceiling and walls.

Disone

Creations Shop didn't really impress me either. I went on my birthday (January 11th), so Connections Cafe was still under construction.

I missed being able to see where the old elevator from Centorium was (It was completely removed), along with all the different designs in the ceiling and walls.
Agree. If Connections Cafe feels like an airport, then Creations is the obligatory duty-free shop.

Railfan Andrew

I ate there yesterday with the French Bistro Burger. I have to admit, it was really good and filling - probably the best counter service. And real plates... wonder how long that will last. LOL/
I want to try the land crusher sandwich from Seasons. It looks delicious.

On another note, I was looking at the prices for the different menu items the other day, and I kid you not, the pizza in Connections Cafe is less expensive than the pizza at Busch Gardens Tampa.

TrainsOfDisney

They need to do this everywhere -- stop letting people take up tables outside Casey's Corner, around the World Showcase, etc. just because they want to sit down for a bit while people with food can't find anywhere to actually eat it.
That’s the opposite of what they should do... they should provide more places for people to sit and relax since that is obviously what the guests want.

correcaminos

That’s the opposite of what they should do... they should provide more places for people to sit and relax since that is obviously what the guests want.
As someone who table hunted 2x at connections I feel this is exactly what they should do. I'm usually not for that but given high wait times for getting food it was ridiculously hard to find a table. Our second time we were smarter about it and not only pressed that we were there way before we were, we got lucky and found a table as our food was ready for pick up. I'm usually not a fan of doing this but it was really that hard to find spots.

UNCgolf

That's a separate discussion.

I completely agree they need more seating in other locations around the parks, but they still need to bar people who aren't eating from taking up seats at dining locations. It's incredibly selfish but apparently people can't be trusted to think of others. It's absurd the number of people you see just sitting at tables on their phones etc. while people stand around with food in their hands and nowhere to sit. Get up and let the people who need somewhere to eat sit down.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Electric Umbrella would get crowded at lunch but they had the second floor seating. They also served worse food :p

Does anyone know the seating capacity of this vs. Electric umbrella?

It seems bigger than EU in pictures, but who knows. I guess part of that space is the Starbucks, though.

I think part of the issue is just that it's new so people want to check it out.

Last edited:

Disone

I want to try the land crusher sandwich from Seasons. It looks delicious.

On another note, I was looking at the prices for the different menu items the other day, and I kid you not, the pizza in Connections Cafe is less expensive than the pizza at Busch Gardens Tampa.
This doesn't surprise me. To be honest with you, I typically find at Disney food and beverage is actually slightly cheaper than Busch gardens, SeaWorld and Universal.

DonaldDoleWhip

Following up here, first meal at Connections (and last of the trip) is in the books!

Very happy with the bánh mi burger, no bun, although it could’ve used a bit more heat for my taste.

Also saw the General Tso chicken salad around - it looked glorious but wouldn’t work for low-carb, so much breading.

1655047858659.jpeg

mysto

They could add connections cafe seating to genie+! That way, there is a new attraction adding to g+ capacity and people will have a place to sit. It's a win win. I guess in addition to a "return window" they would have to add a "leave window" or maybe a "wrap it up window" move along get the out.

DonaldDoleWhip

You didn't miss much. Tough and rubbery. Hard to cut, even with the surely short-lived "real" silverware.
Wow! Sorry to hear that, the presentation looked great.

I’m often more than satisfied with simple protein and veggies at this stage, and it’s great that there are so many workable options. Even the Flower & Garden Festival booths, particularly Morocco and Japan, were on fire this trip.

Some other standouts included the tuna bowl at Space 220 (no brown rice) and a tequila shot at La Cava (bro-sis tequila time haha). In DHS, we almost always try to get the Brown Derby Cobb Salad, too.

It’s a glorious time to eat the way I do at Disney. Making Connections work and finding a new appreciation for World Celebration (also finally hearing Tapestry of Nations in the loop) was a cherry on top!

1655071199439.jpeg

Attachments

• 1655070854771.jpeg
    1655070854771.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 56

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom