Connections Cafe and Eatery

Haymarket2008

I totally understand the airport terminal thing with these new buildings, and I know this has been discussed as nauseum, but “80’s airport terminal” WAS the aesthetic of CommuniCore 😂

Idk I’m a fan of Connections. I think it’s really nice. It could be improved here and there but it looks great and is very successful. I will say that Creations is lacking in comparison.

flyerjab

We finally had a chance to eat at Connections this past Monday and thought that the food was a vast improvement over Electric Umbrella.
Agreed. I don’t find much of a comparison to its predecessor. I had the Bistro Burger and really like that. But then I had the chicken sandwich and that is now my favorite.

I really like this space; the huge open area, the mural, and the design elements. I also like how the Starbucks is also huge and does not feel claustrophobic like the Main Street Bakery location does.

vikescaper

Agreed. I don’t find much of a comparison to its predecessor. I had the Bistro Burger and really like that. But then I had the chicken sandwich and that is now my favorite.

I really like this space; the huge open area, the mural, and the design elements. I also like how the Starbucks is also huge and does not feel claustrophobic like the Main Street Bakery location does.
I also had the chicken sandwich and it was probably the best theme park counter serve chicken sandwich I’ve ever had.

mhochman

We ate there last weekend and we are (almost) all impressed. One member of my group ordered a burger that had stuff on it that he wasn't expecting, so it's on him. Only complaint is that we had a terrible time finding a table, and there were plenty of other people wandering for a table as well. Lots of individuals sitting at a table alone.

dreday3

We ate there last weekend and we are (almost) all impressed. One member of my group ordered a burger that had stuff on it that he wasn't expecting, so it's on him. Only complaint is that we had a terrible time finding a table, and there were plenty of other people wandering for a table as well. Lots of individuals sitting at a table alone.

Give them a smile and sit down with them! :D

We've done it before, asked if we could sit at someone's table. Never been turned down yet.

mergatroid

I was once on my own in Cosmic Rays and was sat at my table when a lady on her own passed me looking for a table for herself. Trying to be a gentleman I politely said "Excuse me, you're welcome to join me if you would like to". She gave me what can only be described as a dirty look and said "I'm a married woman" and stormed off. I just sat there looking like this

8f2daa37e936a56457abd0d094671733.gif

Last edited:

dreday3

If I was sitting at a table by myself and people asked to join me, I'd probably say yes out of politeness. I would hate it, though, especially if they then tried to start a conversation with me.

I don't think I'll ever be at WDW by myself, though.

We dont start conversations with people we have to share with outside of saying thanks. Mostly everyone just eats!

Normally we always find a table, but at crowded times I have no problems asking or offering to share if we have the room.

solidyne

That's too bad! The videos appeared to show acres of tables! Some folks in this board even said that there were TOO many tables and that they'd never get used up!

vikescaper

When we ate at Connections last Monday, we did have to look around for a table for the three of us. It was definitely busier than when we stopped in for a soda at the beginning of May.

MagicHappens1971

Kind of funny. When it first opened I recall some people on here saying there was too much seating and it wouldn’t fill, a waste of space.
This was kind of the reason I posted my comment. People that say things like that fall into two categories, 1) haven’t stepped foot into a theme park in years 2) just simply don’t understand How a theme park works.

This is basically the only place to eat in close radius to the most popular attraction in Epcot right now, quite possibly in all of WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom