Connections Cafe and Eatery

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is this two floors like electric umbrella was?
Here is a look at the two tiers.

Connections-Cafe_Full_47179.jpg

vikescaper

Even though I said it looks like an IKEA cafe in previous comments, I actually don’t mind how this looks and somehow looks better than Creations. That said, I probably won’t eat there very often as I never visit Starbucks at the parks and I usually get my food in WS. Like with Creations, it’s nice to see light coming through the windows once again!

James Alucobond

I’m not really sure what people want. This area is supposed to be the functional hub of a world’s fair centered on the visionary architectural statement of Spaceship Earth. Clean and modern is the right vibe. People also seem to be unable to articulate what would make this more distinctively EPCOT aside from exposing their preferences for 90s color schemes and pining for talking trash receptacles.

Epcot82Guy

I’m not really sure what people want. This area is supposed to be the functional hub of a world’s fair centered on the visionary architectural statement of Spaceship Earth. Clean and modern is the right vibe. People also seem to be unable to articulate what would make this more distinctively EPCOT aside from exposing their preferences for 90s color schemes and pining for talking trash receptacles.

I think this is an important point. The big issue for me is that Epcot doesn't have a clear identity IMHO now. So, it actually sets them up for failure for the exact reason you are identifying. If it's unclear the direction, vaguely "future/modern" or "together" is all you can go with. And, that feels unsatisfying.

I think if the Neighborhoods had a much clearer, cohesive identity, the answer to your (very valid) question would be easier to make. And, yes, I think there is a version where the design ascetic (with maybe a little more Epcot vs generic Disney in Creations) works just fine.

Heath

When Starbucks first came to Disney, I was initially disappointed that the “real world” franchise had broke the third curtain. But I have to admit that many times I was so glad I could get my iced coffee at Starbucks. I variate with Joffrey’s, but Joffrey’s kiosks are very inconsistent with their Shakin Jamaican iced coffee. Some kiosks are too concentrated almost bitter acidic, and other times too weak. When it’s served properly it’s very good , but it’s 50/50.

eliza61nyc

So I wasn't a fan of the Stargate cafeteria so I think it could only go up from that mess. I call it 50-50. I really like the big lighting fixtures and the Muriel. I do like the open airless of the space. The seating though is pretty uninspiring

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom