Connections Cafe and Eatery

Five Guys, which I would consider a fast casual chain, is literally $15 and change even for most of their "little" combinations with a regular drink. Get larger sizes of anything and you're certainly pushing $20. At restaurants like Panera, it's also difficult to get your bill under $12-$13 now unless you go with a half-size/cup portion. I'm not saying Disney isn't overpriced; it always has been. It's just that the differential isn't all that far outside my expectations given the sticker shock I've become accustomed to just from grabbing lunch at work these days.
I couldn't eat a whole Five Guys meal though (and I imagine most people couldn't either) - usually I split fries with at least one other person. That makes it more manageable (still overpriced). I doubt the portions here will be as generous. I do take what you're saying though. I still think they'll be better serving the burgers with a side since that's the model they follow in every other theme park quick service. (I will add, I don't think the rest of their QS is actually that overpriced compared to what I'm paying for McDonalds etc, especially for the quality; charging $13 for a single QS burger is a model which I can't support).

Magic Feather

Given recent precedent (Regal Eagle), expect this thing to open with next to no notice. Best shot at getting a formal opening date announcement might be if the date is given in conjunction with Guardians. Not sure if cast have made their way to onsite training yet, but the goal recently seemed to be "before Spring break/Easter week." Most recent "at worst" date I was given was end of month.

ToTBellHop

It’s interesting seeing a menu open with that many burgers and not a single veggie burger. With how they use impossible/beyond burgers around the parks, all of their burger options should be able to come as either beef or veggie 🤔
This is a safe space for carnivores to connect with other carnivores. Herbivores should graze elsewhere. There’s some nice grass over by The Land that 4 out of 5 ducks give 2 webbed feet up!

The fifth just eats popcorn.

GladToBeHear

It’s interesting seeing a menu open with that many burgers and not a single veggie burger. With how they use impossible/beyond burgers around the parks, all of their burger options should be able to come as either beef or veggie 🤔
Agreed. Seems like they would offer all the burgers as either beef or veggie.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If I read the financial tea leaves correctly, the market for hyper-processed-vegetables-into-faux-meat-products is shrinking. Could be related, could be a non-factor. Could also be that those things just don’t sell well and they’d rather focus on other vegetarian offerings that do.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just my speculation but that could very well be the case, all burger's available in either beef or veggie option. Seems like a fairly simple and easy swap out in the kicthen
You need to separate the veggie option from the same cooking apparatus (pan, skillet, flame broiled conveyer, etc..). People who don't want the meat option don't want any cross-contamination not just for health reasons but, for some, ethical and/or religious reasons. So... simple if you have an exclusive extra fryer.

James Alucobond

You need to separate the veggie option from the same cooking apparatus (pan, skillet, flame broiled conveyer, etc..). People who don't want the meat option don't want any cross-contamination not just for health reasons but, for some, ethical and/or religious reasons. So... simple if you have an exclusive extra fryer.
Not to mention that it still wouldn't make any of the traditional burgers fully plant-based/vegan. The French bistro burger has bacon and brie, the American classic burger has cheddar, the southwestern burger has Oaxaca cheese crema, and the Mediterranean burger has feta relish.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Meanwhile in the Connections Eatery Basement.
EQZk2qzsOPmDXKAO_ECSyzGUo_YDneH3WvFFTr1TH2g.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom